Cyst on Ovary 3 months after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst on Ovary 3 months after hysterectomy Cyst on Ovary 3 months after hysterectomy

Unread 06-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Cyst on Ovary 3 months after hysterectomy

Hi!

I am here with a question as to what to do next. I had a hysterectomy the end of February. They left both of my ovaries in. In April, I had really bad pains on my left side. I was not real sure what it was, but figured that maybe I was ovulating. When I went back for my check up the beginning of May, I told my Dr. about this and she said maybe we should have removed the ovaries also (a little to late). I had cysts on the my ovary but she said it was reabsorbing back into the ovary. Well once again started having cramps and alot of pain. Went to my family Dr. because I noticed blood after I would urinate. I had just started on a new pill for something else and one of the side effects was internal bleeding. Well the checked the urine and there was blood in the urine and put me on an antibiotic for that. Then she did a pelvic exam and said the left ovary was inflamed. She sent me for an ultra sound and then called me to say that there was a 2.3 cm cyst on the left ovary. She said that I could take bextra for the pain but that there was research showing it could cause heart problems or that they could put me on birth control pills and then do another ultra sound in three months. She was going to forward the ultra sound to my gynocologist. I have not heard from her yet. There was no mention of biopsy or anything else. I have thyroid cancer so I am just a little worried when I am not sure if they are doing the right thing or not. So I thought that I would ask for some opinions on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My son graduates for High School tomorrow so this on top of that has my emotionally drained.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
I have same thing

I was just pot on birthcontrol for 2 complecx cysts that are growing..now thety are 5 centimeters was only 2 centmeyers when originally found in april.If tehy don't resolve by mid august I'll havesurgery to remove my one ovary( which probablyshould have come out ) when I had my TAH ayear agoinmarch.
I am fgoing to see my primary doctor and ask for a consult for a second opinion.It bothers me that the GYN was so cocky about it being absolutely nothing becuse its already more than doubled in size in about 6 weeks.
I hope you find answers .I feel as though everything should have been taken care of during first surgery,why add insult to injury andmake us have more surgery?
My Ca125 when taken ina pril was normal.I may get it checked again ( just to ease my mind)
Good luck getting answers.I pick up my own reports and read them ,becuse I find my doctors lie or omit telling the truth until confronyed...makes me real trusting of them.
Unread 06-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Ovarian Cysts

I am two years post op and I thought my troubles were over. I had been experiencing pain in my right side and since I have a bad back and hip, I thought it was just my hip acting up. I had an MRI on my back pain and they found a 9 centimeter cyst on my right ovary. After a few weeks, it resolved itself but the next time I get one they will remove the ovary. I woke up with the same pain this morning and I dread the thoughts of more surgery. Would the pill help? I am 43.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 05:45 PM

Hi there,

I had a hystercomy in 11/03 but kept my ovaries. Back in February, I had severe pains in my left side, did not go away for about 15 minutes, and was really sore for a couple of day after that. Had no clue it was a cyst on my ovary. I went to the doctor and they said I had the the cyst was the size of a golf ball and it was a complex cyst. I had to the C-125 test ran, and it was negative. Thank goodness. Since then, I have been putting up with it. I have had 6 ultrasounds, and have decided to have my ovaries taken out in July. Hard decison because I worry about hormones, but my aunt and mom have had ovarian cancer, and breast cancer. I am on Yasmin birth control for hormones. Do you have hot flashes? I do, especially at night, I wake up sweating! Pill has not really helped the cysts. Thankfully I have not gained any weight on them. I am tired alot, are you? I am really upset to have to go thru surgery again!!! I changed doctors because when I was in the hospital for my hysterectomyI was sent home with a cathathier, NO FUN. Thank goodness for my husband, he had to help me! Hope I am making the right decision. Hope all is well with you.
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi there!

I ahve taken the birthcontrol pills for 2 days now.I am a alittle anuseas in teh am and I'm feeling better ( mood wise) maybe I needed that estrogen?
anyway I made an appointment with a gyn/onc! I see him july 14th top doctor ,dirctor at hopkins.I demanded to have a second opinion from my primary care doc. we'll see what happens...wishing you al well, we are obviously all in the same boat!
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:00 PM

I am searching this site because I also have had an ovarian cyst burst 3 months after my TAH. I ended up in the emergency room because the pain was worse than the post op healing. I did see the surgeon post the cyst bursting and now find that this can be a more common occurence because there is less of a blood supply to that area. He did advise me to remove both ovaries before the surgery (and I said no way) because I could have problems down the road but I didn't expect them so soon. My cyst was 2 cm in May and last ultrasound in June shows it is 4cm. My next ultrasound is in August so i will see what has changed since then. I hope this reabsorbs by my next ultrasound.
Jeanne
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:52 PM

Hello everyone!

I spent last Saturday night in the emergency rrom with pain. I went to my primary doctor and he sent me to hospital thinking it was appendix. I get down there and they do a CT scan and find my appendixes are fine was I had cyst on my ovarian. It was about 4cm insize. Icouldn't get appointment until today. When doctor did exam, he said he couldn't really feel it, so they did ultrasound. It was not even there. He said it must have burst. What I want to know is, how did everyone feel? For over a week I could feel pain in my right side, just kinda sore. On Monday, I was in a lot of pain. I had to get pain medcine filled. Yesterday, I was so nausea and dizzness. It felt just like my hormones was unbalanced. My breast felt like bricks. I was in lot of pain. this morning before I went to doctor, I was really feeling fine. this afternoon, I've not had appetite or a little nausea. I was just wondering if this was normal. I have to go back to doctor in three months for another ultrasound.
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:31 PM

with my ovarian cyst I felt pain and swelling for some time before. a month or more, I am unsure if this is normal. I felt a lot of internal pain like acid was inside of me and bloated. I did finally feel better about 2 weeks after the diagnosis. I was told that when a cyst bursts you will feel pain for about 3-7 days then you'll feel fine. I don't agree with this. the pain lasted longer than that.
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Maybe that is what happened Monday. I felt alot of pain but I was so sick to my stomach. I've started hurting tonight so pain medine I took.
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:49 PM

I felt my problem coming on back in Late March and called the Dr. who told me he couldn't understand why I was having pain. He told me to call two weeks after if it still persisted, it did and was getting worse. I saw him again and told me he was truly was unsure of what was happening and thought that it was muscle related. but if it got worse go to the ER. Three days later the pain was intense and i was really bloated, and I was crying because whatever I took for pain made no difference. i called him again and waited for his return call, but I thought this is crazy so just as he was returning my call I told hime I was going to the Er where I know I could get a diagnosis faster than waiting for him to wonder what was wrong. smart decsion on my part. becasue within a couple hours I had a CAT scan and got my results. I had my surgery in Jan and thought it was unusal to have pain returning and the pain was worse than the surgery itself. My follow up ultrasound showed another cyst and it is about 4cm and growing. I will see the Dr again in August to see what happens to this one. I hope this doesn't burst and just disssolves

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register