Trying Not to Panic :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying Not to Panic :( Trying Not to Panic :(

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Trying Not to Panic :(

Hi girls,

I really need your help

Here we go. I used to use the Vivelle Dot .5 strength as my HRT. Then my blood pressure began to climb a bit, so DR. changed my patch for an Estring and added a beta blocker. I seem to have balance.

During the last week, I had some serious stress (son was tx'd to Dallas w/ not much notice and there went my best friend and my grandbabies) and I also began walking again in the mornings to de-stress. In the last week, I feel that my Estring has pooped out. It is not due to be refilled for 3 weeks and my Dr. is unavailable until Monday.

I have had 8 huge hot flashes every day this week and I feel like I could just crawl out of my own skin. All familiar signs with me that my HRT is not enough.

When I was using the patch, all I had to do when I could tell that my estrogen was low, was put on another 1/2, as a temporary fix, and it would be all good.

My question is: Do you think I could put on a patch or a 1/2 patch to help with this till Monday? It's that or a 72hr. commit!!!

I hope that you can make sense of this, because my poor mind is all over the place.

thanks for listening...
Much Love,
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 08:01 PM

OH (((Annie)))

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time right now. Stress can play a big role in how we do with our hormonal replacement/balance....I know because I"ve been going through some of that myself recently.

It's really hard to say if you should put on a patch until you get into see your doctor on Monday. I would personally be leery of adding in patch along with Estring. Of course we are not doctor's here.....but my personal advise is to ride this out until you get in to see your doctor on Monday and reassess from there.

Just my Hang in there and let us know how your appt. goes.

's
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:26 PM

Hi Annie!

Doesn't your doctor have someone covering? If not, you didn't say if it was GYN or GP, but I think I would call the office tomorrow and try and get some help before the weekend. That is a long time to go feeling the way you do. If it is your GYN, how about calling GP (or primary) in the mean time.

Good Luck,
Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 08:27 PM

Thanks Shelley

I think I knew what the right answer was, but I guess I just needed to hear it from my sisters, whom I trust.

I'm sending you big s for the stress that you are going through too.

Then, I'm headed for a cool bubblebath, maybe even a 3 day one...(picturing DH poking dinner in w/ a big long stick, & running for his life)

Bless Your Heart, XOX
Annie
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Thanks Gail

It's a GYN Office. My GP generally leaves the GYN to the GYN's. I did, however put in a call to him tonight . Waiting for a call back in the morning, or , hopefully, a prescr. call in.

That was a great idea.
Thanks millions,
Love,
Annie
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:23 AM

Hi AnnieWoof

I do hope your doctor's office gets back to you soon. A 72 hour commit does not sound like much fun

It's been my understanding that some women use a systematic estrogen such as a patch along with Estring. Estring is meant to be used for Vaginal dryness. It is not a systematic estrogen so most of it stays in the vaginal walls. I do believe that some (but very little)estrogen may enter the bloodstream.

Of course you would want to consult with your doctor. I am just sharing that I have read on the message boards that many women use both a patch and Estring.

I hope you find relief soon!!!

Unread 06-10-2005, 11:20 PM

Thanks so much for all of your replies.

I managed to get my prescription refilled early, so I should be good to go.

much love,
AnnieWoof
Unread 06-11-2005, 04:56 AM

((((((((Annie))))))))))

Good for you. Hope now you are able to have a great and comfortable weekend.

s
Gail
Unread 06-13-2005, 12:31 PM

Hi AnnieWoof,
I use a squirt of Estrogel to give me a "boost" during those high stress times when it is not time to change the V-Dots.
Right now I am trying to "reduce" my V-dots by half a patch since lately for the most part I am running on the high side with the some "too much estrogen" symptoms. The balance thing is tough for sure and just when it seems like all is well some tweeking is required!
I have struggled with the HBP thing for so long but luckily the meds I am on now have brought most of my readings back into the safe zone.
Good Luck!
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:49 AM

Hi there,

Just popped in to say how much I appreciate you sharing tips with me. That seems like a logical solution. Just a dash of estrogen more, to get us through the shy times. I'm going to talk with my Gyn. about that, next visit.

As far as the HBP goes, it's new to me. But I've quickly come to realize that , for BP, meds are a GOOD THING, Martha.

Take Care

Much Love,
AnnieWoof

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register