vomiting blood???? NOW what? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vomiting blood????  NOW what? vomiting blood???? NOW what?

Unread 06-13-2005, 12:42 AM
vomiting blood???? NOW what?

(((Dawn))) we're all very worried about you... I hope you've already gone to the ER to get this checked out.

Quote:
Call your doctor or go to the emergency room if vomiting of blood occurs -- this requires immediate medical evaluation.
Source: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/p...cle/003118.htm

If you're seriously ill and vomiting blood, you are not going to be much help with the wedding preparations, and I'm sure your family would rather have you safe and healthy than ill and working on the decorations. Please get yourself to the hospital, and let us know how things turn out.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 05:15 AM
you all are the greatest!!

Thanks so much for all the

I'm off now to do the ultra sound...then at 9 I go for bloodwork, the lab is at my docs office so I will pop in and talk to her while I am there and see what she wants me to do.

Love to all

I'll post when I get back

Dawn
Unread 06-13-2005, 07:37 AM

s Dawn, I will say a prayer for you! PLEASE let us know what the doctor says. I am really worried about you!

Emily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 07:26 PM

((((Dawn)))) I'm really concerned about you. I hope that all is ok. Please be sure to post an update, whenever you feel up to it.

Lots of ers are going your way
Unread 06-13-2005, 07:47 PM
i'd be lost without ya'll

I'm here...

I went for the ultra sound but the tech wouldn't say a word. She remembered me from all the past stuff but wouldn't run the wand over the left pelvic area either. I guess they are getting pretty strict over there.

I feel now as if nothing went on Sunday!! go figure.

I did stop in at the docs and she wasn't there but her nurse was and after describing to her what went on she asked a bunch of questions and then told me if it continues to go to ER. She said since it wasn't constant it was probabley irritation of the stomach lining or the eshpoghas (sp). She said if I did anymore today or tonight to then go to ER. She also said all my test results should be back in time for my appt tomorrow and we would go over them then.

I do know when I saw the pic at the ultra sound my spleen and my gallbladder were huge!!! the last time they were the size of a dime. I slept a lot today and had the most exhausted feeling ever...worse even then the 'three week wall" of my hyst. Gosh I hate this....

So now all I can do is wait to see what the results showed. I do know she also tested for a bunch of other things also....She wanted a positive on the RA so tested for that along with my thyroid....

My appt is for 2pm so as soon as I get back from that I will post again.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!! I cannot tell you what it means to me to know I'm not forgotten and that I can always come here and get the support and Hugs I don't get here at home.

Love and to all of you

Dawn
Unread 06-14-2005, 02:27 AM

All the best for tomorrow, Dawn. But please, do not be fobbed off by "nothing is wrong" - one's tummy does not bleed for "nothing"! Persue this and get a result, PLEASE. God bless,
Unread 06-14-2005, 02:49 AM

tool girl your symptoms sound so familar" THOUGH I DIDNT VOMIT BLOOD"
I had my gall bladder removed two years ago via key hole surgery and recovery was fine a doddle compared to a hysterectomy,yes you are sore and you burp and fart something awful but you cannot even begin to compare it to the pain and exhaustion of a n attack i can remember the pain starting normally after dinner suddenly knowing there was no more room then going into the bathroom the pain was undescribable i'd rather give birth! i'd throw up then the other end would start in the end i didnt know where to rub, the sweat would run off my body ,it was hell i can remember propping myself up on my bed with my knees pulled to my chest totally exhausted it even hurt to lay down, then i would just sleep to wake feeling like i'd been kicked by a donkey.
my first scan about eighteen months befor e surgery was clear and showed no stones then the attacks became more freguent second scan showed dozens of the horrible things i kept mine and they look like old teeth/sweetcorn apparrently if the stones are made of pure cholesterol they sparkle like diamonds!
Yes what you eat does affect the acid levels eat low fat foods or no fat it doesnt make it go away but it does help with the reflux and the bloating even now i still have a block about eating cheese ,and ice cream ,i have to really want them the thought of them makes me burp!i know i kept putting it off because i hoped it would go away but it doesnt and it is worth it please be brave and get it sorted no more thinking this one wasnt so bad maybe it wasnt but they come come back... take care
Unread 06-14-2005, 05:34 PM

Lindamarion,
You are such a good comedian, and I'll bet that helps you when you are feeling down, you sure help others here... keep it up!!!It helps the sisters to get some sunshine sometime.!! Reeni
Unread 06-14-2005, 05:36 PM

Dawn,
Know you can always come here for support and Hugs... WE are here for you..... Reeni
Unread 06-14-2005, 06:48 PM

(((Dawn)))) How could we forget about you... or anybody else for that matter

Thanks for the update. Sounds like your doctor's nurse has a strategy for you.

How did your appointment go today? (I promise not to log off just after asking the question )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register