vomiting blood???? NOW what? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vomiting blood????  NOW what? vomiting blood???? NOW what?

Unread 06-16-2005, 05:41 AM
vomiting blood???? NOW what?

Dear Dawn,

I felt so sad for you when reading your last post. You poor thing having to go through all of that. Try and keep positive as hard as it is. If your hubby is worried its because he cares about you and loves you, something I have realized this last year just how much my hubby loves me. They go through a lot also with us being sick. Take care of you.

I had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago. I didn't have any complications at all. I guess that is why I wasn't too worried about my hyst and wow all the complacations I have had with it has surely made up for that one!I have learned to rely on God and to Trust Him with everything. Keep us posted I will be praying for you to have good health again.
Take care,
Beth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 07:55 AM
coming out of the woodwork

Hey Dawn, longtime no chat. I haven't posted in a long time, but when I saw your post I had to jump in.

We both had our original hysts around the same time. I'm so sorry to read that you have been having problems. We were both on the road for quite awhile after our hysts, but I was hoping you were out by now.

I just wanted to send a "hug" and tell you that I was thinking about you.
Unread 06-17-2005, 05:39 AM
I still say ya'll are the greatest!!

to all of you...

I've been busy getting ready for the wedding and drinking ginger ale.. :wink: so far so good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed my belly hold out till at least Sunday. I'm eating light and watching my diet and trying to learn my triggers. No word from the doc on my appts yet so I don't have my surgen appt, hopefully today or tomorrow I'll get the referal.

I'm nervous about the surgery but thanks to all of you I'm trying to stay positive about it. Hubby made the comment that "maybe when you feel better and aren't so tired all the time you'll do better in school! " LOL he might have a point!

Anyone have an opinion on the new " DANACTIVE?" it's supposed to help build our immune system and help the digestive track. I was wondering if I could do anything now to help prepare for surgery and lesson my chances of complications. Also, the doc has me on Asprin regime due to the fact I have advanced arterosclorosis (sp) for a women my age. When should I stop taking this? Doesn't asprin thin the blood?

Jude....Thanks so much for your post!! I know you have your own battles and think and pray for you often, it's good to hear from you sweetie! I'm fearful of what the surgery will do for the fibro and know you understand my concerns there.

Emily...your a sweetie and I miss our chats!!!! I see your posts on Empty nest sometimes so I keep up with you there to! LOL

Dany.....Just when are you coming down again? You'll have to come and check out my 135 yr old "money pit"....then I can get real hugs again from you.... HEE HEE

Cortney.....Thanks for the warnings about the difference of the sugery! I'm worried about how's the doc's gonna go in as I've been open in the belly so many times now I don't think I have any muscle left there to help hold things in place! I'm hoping they go get everything at once instead of making me "go back for the ovary'.

Beth....I can only hope my surgery goes as well as yours!!! You give me hope.

IMALITH!!! Long time no hear dahling! I do hope things are going well with you. Sometimes it seems a lifetime ago that we had our hysts others it seems like yesterday. I actually had to figure it out the other day how long it's been since the first surgery I've been on the road for so long now. Please let me know how things are with you!

tons and tons and tons of for all of you. I'll try to find the time to check in and I'll take some digital pics of the "hall" and show you what I did for the wedding.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 10:53 AM

I would be VERY concerned about taking aspirin given that you are already bleeding internally. Aspirin is known to be hard on your stomach. Please consult someone about this!

So sorry you are going to have to have your gall bladder removed abdominally. My first surgical experience was a lap. gall bladder removal and I must say it was much easier than I had expected. It is what gave me the courage to have my hyst. exactly a year later -- and what an experience that turned out to be (vaginal-turned-abdominal, punctured colon, temporary colostomy, blood transfusions, endo everywhere but had had NO symptoms, etc. etc. etc.).

Hoping that wedding turns out beautifully. Take care of yourself as much as possible!

Best wishes for a successful and complication-free surgery.
Unread 06-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Dawn,
Bonniebes is absolutely right about the asprin being hard on your stomach,,,, makes me wonder What your doc is thinking?????????? I have heard that if you have a sensitive stomach that asprin has a tendency to make it bleed!!!!!!!!!!Please, please check with someone on this.....Hugs, Reeni
Unread 06-17-2005, 02:07 PM

(((Dawn)))) Is the doctor treating you for the gall bladder issues aware that you're taking Aspirin? This could very well explain why you're vomiting blood, Aspirin being a blood thinner as well as being known for causing problems with the digestive system: you may, after all, be holding the :key: to all your problems

I just may take you up on your invitation to visit your moneypit... but will wait until it's a bit cooler
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:42 PM

((Dawn))

A went off in my mind as soon as I saw the word "ASPIRIN" in your last post. I can't believe your doctor would allow you to take that with your vomitting blood history. As Dany says, you could have the key to your problems right in front of you and you didn't realise it!!

Hope the wedding goes well and you get to have a wonderful time. Take care.

Unread 06-19-2005, 03:05 AM

Dawn,
Have you considered a liver/gallbladder cleanse to eliminate
the stones? This may sound hokey, but I'd try anything to
avoid surgery. For me, alternative medicine is so much better than conventional.
Praying for you.
Unread 06-19-2005, 01:42 PM

(((Dawn))) I hope the wedding went well and that you're spending the day resting. I do hope that you're OK healthwise too. Please post an update when you feel up to

One gentle reminder: since you've already had serious complications, with the vomiting and all, please be very careful before considering self-medication, including natural products: with all that's going on, you want to be very sure that you're doing what's best for you
Unread 06-19-2005, 04:22 PM

Dawn
I'm glad you have seen the doctor and hope that soon you will be more comfortable. I do agree with the others about aspirin. I am a bit shocked that your doctor didn't request that you stop taking it. Maybe another opinion wouldn't be a bad idea.

I hope the wedding went well. Do keep us posted on how you're feeling.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register