vomiting blood???? NOW what? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vomiting blood????  NOW what? vomiting blood???? NOW what?

Unread 06-19-2005, 10:09 PM
vomiting blood???? NOW what?

Dawn, I just wanted to give you a big and say that you're in my prayers. And a big to all you great ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 04:12 AM
OMG I lost my post!!

I hate when that happens....

It told me I had to many smiles and then took away my post!!!!

The wedding went off beautifully and both brides were stunning, the rain held off and the reception was wonderful. I didn't even :smack: the new MIL even tho she really needed it a few times. ( a post for friends without faces! lol)

I deliberately didn't eat much of anything the day before and the day of the wedding to try and not have an attack. I could feel it wanting to happen so did well in warding it off till Sunday. When I finally ate breakfast on Sunday by noon I was in the bathroom for the next 5 hours. Sheesh, I think I'm ready for surgery now. I'm over this.

I do however seem to now have another issue to add to all of this. I appear to have some sort of bowel issues going on here, the last few times I thought it was a fluke but it's getting worse not better. I'm haveing problems getting started on my BM's, Not constipation, but like it's gotta get past something before I can go. Then when I do....My stools are flat like a pancake. I have never had this happen before this past week. Once I manage to get going I'm okay but it just appears to be getting flatter and flatter. ( sheesh the things we share with our sisters! ) It's almost like taking a spagetti noodle and passing it between your thumb and forefinger and makeing it a wide egg noodle. This morning I had issues with really trying to go. No pain just a dull ache when I gotta go.

I didn't have any bleeding this time with this last attack and I'm guessing it's cause I took your advice and stopped the asprin. I'm hoping to get another appt with my doc tomorrow I'll let ya'll know.

Love and to ALL of you

Dawn
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the wedding went well, but I'm sorry you're still having so many problems. Do you have a surgery date yet? Hang in there and keep us posted........oh yeah, about the stools. It sounds like it could maybe possibly be an obstruction. Definately tell your doctor about that one! Especially if you get to the point where you can't go. I guess you can have a partial obstruction and that can make you stools come out skinny.....or just diarrhea will come out. Take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Dawn,
On stopping the asprin!! Also , who else can you share stuff like your B.M. if not with us. You know we understand because we all have different issues here...hope you can get some advice from someone on that.... Glad your problems held off for the wedding.... but sorry you had trouble on Sunday... Hugs, Reeni
Unread 06-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the update ((((Dawn)))))). Sounds like the wedding went off beautifully... ... I do hope you plan on sharing pictures

Regarding the bowel issues: please do mention it to your doctor. I've never delt with obstructions myself, but my nephew did a long time ago and it sounded a lot like what you're dealing with.
Unread 06-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Whew, I'm still tired

I'm still tired from the weekend and I'm sure my issues aren't helping any at this point either.

I got my referral and go to see the surgen tomorrow at 2 pm. I'm a little leary of this as I know he will want to schedule surgery right away. My concern is that I have other issues and he will only want to deal with the gallbladder. I really have no wish to have to keep going back to fix the other issues.

Can I ask the surgen if he will fix something else if he sees it when he goes in to get the gallbladder? Will surgens order other tests if there might be a problem?

I guess this also means I get to look foward to the " GOLIGHTLY" thing again to huh? I didn't get to see my doc yesterday and she isn't in the office today. Only on Tues and Thurs.

I wish I could order myself a CT scan or x-ray! I'd tell them what needs to be fixed. My belly is so swollen I look like the good year blimp...

Dawn
Unread 06-22-2005, 04:57 AM

(((Dawn)))
I'm sorry that you'll be needing more surgery. I hope this will fix the problem.

As for the swollen belly, it isn't always an indication of something that surgery will fix. I've had CT Scans, Xrays, MRI's, Ultrasounds, etc and none of them ever located a reason for the pain and swelling. As I sit here today typing this my belly looks like a basketball. Yesterday was even worse. Sometimes I think there's an alien in there that shrinks and grows at will.

I do know how you feel. I once was at a point where I was sure that surgery would fix me. I was so sure that I had adhesions. Surely there was something in me that was causing these problems. I had an exploratory lap a few years ago, and not one adhesion was found, nor was anything else found. It was and is very frustrating!

Hang in there Dawn. I hope your appt with the surgeon goes well.
Unread 06-22-2005, 08:16 AM

Please be sure and mention the changed shape of your stools to your surgeon (or someone). That can be a symptom of a polyp or tumor in the colon.

Wishing you well!
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:03 PM

To Kim M
*OMG** I think I have your alien's twin brother (or sister as the case may be!!!). Sometimes, my belly looks like a basketball. I find out that if I abstain from eating much of anything at all, for about 2 days, then (maybe ) I will look a little more normal in size... but, my dh likes to eat , of course, and I must admit that I am a pretty good cook, and wham, there goes my plan... what is worst, is when I will "treat " him to a meal out (he pays!!) , and I am not even hungry, but of course, everything looks and smells sooo good, and you know the rest!:hair: That's what I get for trying to save myself some work in the kitchen, huh???Hugs, Reeni
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:17 PM

Dawn.,
I will be hoping that everything will turn out o.k. You have all of us to give you a boost when you need it.... Take care. The only advice I can offer you is when I had the problem with "spaghetti stool" , well , the only thing that I have found is that I was not taking my fiber pills right , or that I was neglecting my Bran cereal , as my gyn had told me to take a double dose of the fiber pills every day.... he also recommended Calcium pills (a double dose) every day....Well, when I started doing that , plus, not eating a whole lot of potatoes, (actual spaghetti ) and overdoing it on the cheese, which I love, then I found that I have been doing better on that problem.... Hope that helps, Reeni

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register