nerves? TAH on Wed. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nerves? TAH on Wed. nerves? TAH on Wed.

Unread 06-13-2005, 02:34 PM
nerves? TAH on Wed.

ok, this might be some kind of sub-concious nervousness...but is anyone else exicited for their hyster? Mine is on Wed and I can hardly wait, I feel like a holiday in my honor is coming up soon and i'm almost giddy. My pre-op is tomorrow , and I'm even excited about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 03:34 PM
nerves? TAH on Wed.

You are not alone.. I am so excited to be able to have my surgery with all the money problems that I have been having, and to know that I am going to feel so much better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am going in on Thursday. God Bless You
Unread 06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
excited? YES

Hi there,

I am experiencing very much excitement and anticipation - I suffer from fairly strong anxiety but nothing about this experience seems to be causing me any! I have my pre-op on Thursday this week and surgery is scheduled for 8:00 Monday morning. Not at all looking forward to telling my oldest daughter, a little afraid that she will flip out, she has aged out and doesn't live at home, we are a little bit estranged but I feel it's important that she at least know. At any rate, after hearing from many friends and MIL that their hysterectomy is the best thing they ever did, very ready here to get on with the show!!!

God Bless, Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 05:20 PM
nerves? TAH on Wed.

Irishposter,

good luck in telling your DD, I am sure she will understand and be very glad you told her and she didn't find out about it from someone else.

I am really looking forward to the suregery as well. I just want to feel better and have my energy and mind back. My greatest fear is that I really am losing my mind and focus and the hysterectomy isn't going to help at all. Oh well just pre-op jitters!
Unread 06-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Pre-op and excited!

I'm am looking forward to surgery on Thursday the 16th. I had to go for pre-op testing last Thursday..my levels were so low that I was given a blood transfusion today. I was more worried about the transfusion than I am about the surgery. One of the nurses I had today during my transfusion made me feel even more at ease by going over the operation day procedures with me and contacting the anesthesiologist for me to talk to as well today. I will be soooooooo glad to have my energy back and feel well again...it's been way too long!

Best wishes and prayers to all sisters who are having or had surgery this week or recently. This sight has been so informative and supportive...thanks to all!

Sincerely,
Jennifer
Unread 06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
me too

HEllo, Yes I fully understand what you mean. I am having my surgery on Thursday, and I cannot wait either. To be finally done with all this constant flooding will be a blessing. I have tried to do an intro on myself but it is always blocked. I am having it done but do not know which way it will go yet, TVH or TAH and plan on keeping my ovaries and tubes, no cancer or fribroids.
Carollynne
Unread 06-13-2005, 09:05 PM
nerves? TAH on Wed.

I too am excited about the surgery... one more week to go...maybe it is cause I have planned everything down to the letter and have it done ..

I was getting anxious last week but that has subsided and now I am back to being calm again..But wait till Wednesday I will be a wreck again with the preop that day...

Such a fun roller coaster of anxiety, fear, excitement, delight. Just be glad when the ride is over and I can get off this darn thing...

Ces.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register