Has anyone else... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone else... Has anyone else...

Unread 06-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Has anyone else...

I am relieved that you have FMLA. A lot of people work for smaller employers and are not protected. Some of our sisters have lost their employment. So, its great that you are protected and have used this to your benefit.

If I were in your situation, I'd call the DOL (Department of Labor) and ask about my options and rights and whether or not ADA applied in this situation, as well as FMLA. You can probably get the information anonymously. I'm not suggesting you file any sort of complaint, just that you make sure you know all of your options. Your employer may not even be aware of all the options and may appreciate your helping them to avoid issues. Laws and regulations change constantly and there might be something available to you that you had not considered, and certainly worth a call to find out, IMHO.

I wish for all my sisters good health and happiness and that includes a fulfilling work life, for those who work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Has anyone else...

I wouldn't miss the job at all.
Just the benefits...
Unread 06-18-2005, 06:07 AM
Has anyone else...

i had the same problem... had a LAVH in 2003 kept one ovary cause i was 29 at the time.. i had another surgery in august of 2004 and they found adhesions,scar tissue and endo on the bladder.. so i know after a hyst. the endo can grow and it did in my case. now i have a rectocele and cyctocele and alot of familiar "pains" on the right side.. augh. it seems as though it never ends! hang in there were here for you. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Has anyone else...

Well, seems like having emailed my Dr when I made the appt.
He said he'd write a scrip and refer me back to my GYN,
So I asked his advice on how to approach the subject of:
#1 - getting confirmation quicker
(no rounds of "it can't be you just had surgery")
#2 -if confirmed - getting a more skillfull surgeon.
He said he saw my point and refer'd me to UW medical ctr.
Yay!!?!
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Has anyone else...

WebWench:

Bravo!!! For you and your doctor!

Way to listen to a patient, doc!

Way to ask for what you need!

Awesome
Unread 07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Has anyone else...

Hi. Michelle35, I was reading your posts and I just took my first spray of Synarel. I am 35 and had my TVH last year due to what they thought was endo but turned out to be adenomyosis. I have since had severe pelvic pain. I am on an unpaid med leave from work until this is fixed. My big concern are the side effects. My children say, "Mom's gunna go evil". What were your major side efffects? We are having a heatwave right now so I am not looking forward to night sweats, lol.
Unread 07-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Has anyone else...

Michelle,

I to suffer what the docs now call " adhesion disorder" , it's an ugly monster in my book!!!

Everyone here has given some wonderful insight but after going back and re-reading your post I'm wondering if

Quote: "Month or 2 of pain I assumed was associated with the laparotomy healing. Also sarted having upper abdominal pain, began to see a GI Doc for it. (later determined? to be too much stomache acid.treating with nulev and prilosec currently,it's also getting
worse.) " Quote

Has anyone checked your gallbladder dear??????? This sound exactly like what I have been going thru for the past 6 months!! You just might want to bring that up to your GI doc!! Just my worth...but a thought sweetie.

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register