PAIN when SITTING | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PAIN when SITTING PAIN when SITTING

Unread 06-16-2005, 08:16 AM
PAIN high in vagina/and Urethra

It has been a LONG time since I posted anything on this site, but I am back to tell you about my experience. It has been 6 yrs now since my hysterectomy, and I have had PAIN off and on up in the top of my vagina. The doctors have examined me and upon touching the top it hurts alot. I just had another examination recently and my doctor said it is probably the ligament between the pelvic bones. WELL! I couldn't take the Aleve pills for two weeks that she asked me to take to see if it would help or stop the inflamation...it killed my stomach. I REMEMBERED taking SOY MILK before...for some reason I stopped taking it. IN A FEW HOURS IT WAS GETTING BETTER!!!!! I continue to drink the SOY MILK and have NOT had the pain!!!!!!!! I have no idea what it does to whatever the pain is, BUT IT WORKS!!!! I remember telling "sisters" before about the SOY MILK, and some of them tried it and said it helped them alot. I don't think any of them were told what this pain is either...but, I wanted you to know that there is HELP out there! It is SOY MILK. I know there is estrogen in soy, and maybe it is just HEALING. PLEASE try it, Sisters. I drink about 8 oz. in the morning then at night also. I am sitting here in NO pain. I love you all...and have total compassion for all who suffer with this pain. Let me know if it works for you. Wendie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 10:55 AM
PAIN when SITTING

Don't have any pains but being menapausal I draink soy every day. Supposed to help with the menapause symptoms.
Unread 06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
PAIN when SITTING

Don't have that pain you are talking about, but I do take Healthy Woman, which is a soy supplement. I am on my 2nd month of it, and my hot flashes have definitely been reduced to *tolerable* and are much less frequent. Night sweats are gone, too.

So, where do you get the Soy Milk? Does it taste like milk?? Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 01:25 PM
PAIN when SITTING

The only soy milk I have tried is "Silk" brand - on a recommendation from a friend. It comes in flavors - vanilla tastes like milk, with a little sweet taste to me....not bad!
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
PAIN when SITTING

Anyone know where to get this?
Unread 06-18-2005, 12:05 PM
PAIN when SITTING

I get it at my grocery store or health food store....Alberton's, Buy for Less...all of those grocery stores stock it. It's in a blue milk container.
Unread 06-18-2005, 02:15 PM
PAIN when SITTING

The only thing I'd caution about drinking soy milk or taking soy is that if you are hypothyroid, it can cause your thyroid to slow down even more. Here is a link(below) to an article that talks about it some more. It's great to find someting that will help but even what seems like harmless supplements can have side effects we want to avoid. Hopefully, none of you have any thyroid problems so it won't be a problem. Best of the best to you!

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htm
Unread 06-18-2005, 03:38 PM
PAIN when SITTING

Thanks for mentioning that orahdeb. I was just going to post something similair. I am hypothroid and have hashimoto's thyroiditis. I also had a partial thyroidectomy due to a golfball sized nodule on my left lobe. I am not sure but I believe that soy interfere's with thyroid meds too.
Unread 06-18-2005, 07:43 PM
PAIN when SITTING

Oh yes, Melissa. I know where you are coming from. I have hashimoto's too but my nodules went away after a few months with armour thyroid. I was tested for thyroid cancer and all that but only the hashi's dx came through. I avoid soy like the plague myself. I even read to see what kind of oil is in products before eating much of them. If it is soybean oil, I only taste it and then try other things. Soy can be so bad for the thyroid. However, if someone by chance happened to be hyperthyroid, it might even be good for them, you never know.
Unread 06-18-2005, 07:51 PM
PAIN when SITTING

I have had hashimoto's for over 11 years now. I found out that I had it when I was in my early 20's. Then I moved to another state and all the doctor's ignored my concerns and took me off all meds. Real bright doctors huh? When I move again I found a great doctor that just had a hunch because my thyroid was huge to check some bloodwork. I again tested positive for hashimoto's (had tons of antibodies). She sent me for an ultrasound which showed a single nodule on the left lobe and many on the right lobe. I had repeat ultrasounds in which the left nodule kept growing and growing. I finally had it removed (because of a cancer scare and plus it was pressing on my esopheogus) on July 29, 2004. I still have my right lobe but it is huge and might have to come out if it grows anymore. I still battle with the hashi's and having to take the iron for anemia was causing interactions with the synthroid. (I tried armour but for some reason it didn't work for me.) I used to be so skinny and now fight to take off weight. Hopefully this is a new beginning for me!
Sorry for rambling. It is nice to have someone who has a lot of the same ailments.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register