Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Adenomyosis

Saw my dr. monday for follow up. Feeling better than I ever had and won't need to see him for another 6 months.

We went over the pathology report and the culprit (cause of pain) was Adenomyosis and the cure was, of course, the hysterectomy.

So as far as I'm concerned, this chapter of my life is behind me. I'm healthy and happy and moving on.

PS - my dr. said that my attitutde is the reason my recovery was perfect. I made a point of getting my head around the idea that I was going to be flat on my back for a while and most importantly (this is more pre-op than post-op) I was 100% for having the hysterectomy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Adenomyosis

Isn't it nice to know what caused all the pain. My pathology report showed andemyosis too.
Unread 06-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Adenomyosis

My pathology report also showed adenomyosis. So all those years of pain and bleeding did have a distinct cause!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Adenomyosis

I also had a TVH on 5/20 for adenomyosis.. funny that when I explain to other women why I had the hysterectomy, many have never heard of adeno.. just like me before my pathology report came back after an ablation in Feb '04..in fact, the nurses in my recovery room had never heard of it and wanted to know more about it. There must be sooo many ladies in pain from their periods and have no idea what is causing it since adeno is hard to diagnose if there isn't a tissue sample. I feel sooo much better now! So glad I had the TVH, the recovery has been pretty easy for me.. the pain hasn't been half as bad as the pain from adeno. Life is good again!!
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi, my doctor told me that he thinks that is what I had but have to wait on the path report. (Just had TVH on tuesday). I was not sure what it was an looked it up on the computer today. It is nice to know I wasn't crazy

I feel great just alittle tired. I am making sure that I am walking and drinking fluids. I just hope I do not over do it.
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Adenomyosis

I also had it.When I told family and friends I had it, they had never heard of it either.
Unread 06-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi there!

Came across your post and was wondering what "adenomyosis" is??? Is the pain similar to those with endometriosis?

Thanks...

E!
Unread 06-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Adenomyosis

I had LAVH with ovarian drilling on June 9th. My wonderful doctor diagnosed adenomyosis PRIOR to my hyst based on a vag exam, sono and my symptoms. To answer your question, adenomyosis is when the endometrial tissue infiltrates into the uterine muscle vs. endometriosis which is when the tissue migrates out of the uterus and attaches to other organs. So what happens is the uterus becomes very thick and fragile from the invasion of the endometrial tissue. This is why those of us that suffered from adenomyosis had such horrific bleeding with clots and such along with a pain that is difficult to describe. I would cramp so bad that I would vomit from the pain. Several times at work I had to lay down and curl up in a ball (hard to do when you are a nurse). My uterus weighed 285grams and my surgeon almost opened me up during the 3rd hour of surgery because she didn't think she could get it out vaginally. She remembered my pleading with her to make every attempt to not have to open my belly beyond the small lap incisions. I weigh over 200 lbs and could imagine having to hold my belly just to function (definitely over the 5lb post op rule huh?!). She completed my surgery in under 4 hours.
I now find myself 1 week out doing more than I should and today I have paid for it. I am going to bed now and plan to not get up before noon!
Unread 06-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Adenomyosis

My path report was benign following my surgery. Interestingly, it also showed a fibroid and adenomyosis. All the more reason I am glad to have had this done - two more problems which, most likely, would have gotten worse.
Unread 06-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Adenomyosis

I also had a tvh for adenomyosis. Thankfully diagnosed my my gyn before surgery when I was leaning towards a ablation. Once we knew it was adeno (from u/s then confirmed by MRI), we knew TVH was the way to go. Feeling SOOO much better and happier still at having to avoid a ablation that wouldn't have worked anyway.

denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register