Norethindrone or problems with High Estrogen? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Norethindrone or problems with High Estrogen? Norethindrone or problems with High Estrogen?

Unread 06-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Norethindrone or problems with High Estrogen?

Hi.
I've had so many problems since my surgery that life is just confusing. I'm on Norethindrone because rather than the lo estrogen we were expecting my Estradiol level was 585. I'm trying to get stabilized on Synthroid but I'm wondering if the Norethindrone is causing my fatigue and nausea?
Anyone else experienced this? I did speak to my Dr and cut the dose in half a week or two ago but it hasn't helped. I was already feeling so tired and then another Dr started me back on Valium for my bladder. The last time I was on the Valium about 2 mos ago my thyroid was better( in fact my TSH went too lo so they cut my dose in half and then I KEPT GETTING WORSE AGAIN AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT RIGHT YET) and I didn't seem to be tired on the Valium .Of course, I wasn't working as much either. Please reply with any experience with any of these.
TIA,
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 08:24 PM

I used the norethindrone in the form of activella before my hysterectomy. I found it made me very tired, also, I had problems sleeping. Are you sleeping OK? The Valium could also be the culprit, but you are on a low dose of that. I've heard that the post-op fatigue thing can go on for awhile. The other thing to rule out would be depression or other physical causes of the fatigue. Hang in there and keep digging to find the cause. margo
Unread 06-17-2005, 10:36 AM

hi sharon
the tiredness could be that they cut your thyroid dosage and your body may not have gotten used to taking up the slack yet. the other thing it could be it the high estrogen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks

Thanks to both of you. I just hpe we can figure it out soon. It takes so long to readjust the dosages of Synthroid!!
Sharon
Unread 06-18-2005, 09:00 AM

I can't really comment about the Synthroid, as I've been fortunate enough so far not to have thyroid problems but I was on 10 mg of norenthindrone/Ayestin for 3 months after my surgery. I was exhausted all the time. I wasn't taking any estrogen though because the doctor wanted to make sure all the endo was gone. I'm not sure if the Aygestin was the culprit or it was just the usual post-op fatigue.

Oh this really is a tangled jungle indeed! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register