Anyone cold? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Anyone cold?

I was 3 weeks post-op yesterday. No HRT. And I am COLD 75% of the time. I'm driving people crazy looking for blankets, socks, etc when they are burning up.

I don't have a temp so it's not fever.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Anyone cold?

luvhouse, I was a bit anemic and had trouble staying warm at first. You might want to mention feeling cold to your doctor.
Unread 06-17-2005, 04:05 PM
anyone cold

I am like you, cold most of the time, especially early morning hours until about noon. I usually warm up then. I have had the feelings of being cold even before the surgery. I guess I have been anemic for a very long time. I used to get terrible cold chills right before my period too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi

I had LSH on May 16th. I am NEVER cold. I love winter (live in MN) hate hot days. However, two to three weeks after, I was always cold.

When I think of it, I'm sometimes cold when I'm very tired. I think it may have had something to do with that, and the trauma from the surgery.

I'm five weeks out now and it's all gone. Hang in there and don't mind other people -- do what you need to do.
Unread 06-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Anyone cold?

Hi Luvhouse,

It was summer here in February when I had my surgery and we had temps of 110F. I also had anemia, was on HRT and my husband had the air conditioner on which I normally can't get enough of but I found by 4 pm I had to ask to turn it off as I was so cold.

Now I'm normally the crazy woman who walks around in 40 degF temp in a t shirt and house all open. Actually that is what today is and here I sit house open and in a t shirt. So I think perhaps it may be worth talking to your doctor and suggesting being tested for anemia.

Take care..........Karen
Unread 06-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone cold?

Hi Luvhouse...I am 5 months post and do have hot flashes, but they don't last very long. Most of the time I'm cold but is due to hypothyroid and I have Raynaud's and crest snydrome. Not sure if this helps you out at all.
Karen
Unread 06-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Anyone cold?

Before my surgery, I was always hot. Froze out everyone in the house. Now I'm cold all the time. Stay wrapped up in a blanket while everyone else is hot!!!!! What's up with that????

Lisa
Unread 06-18-2005, 06:42 AM
Anyone cold?

Thanks, ladies, for your responses. I will definitely mention it to the doc and have blood work done. Hadn't thought about anemia. I also have a small nodule in my thyroid - been there for years without causing any trouble...maybe it's time for a thyroid test too.

You gals are the best!
Unread 06-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Anyone cold?

What a coincidence - I was just thinking about that yesterday. I have been experiencing hot flashes, especially in the evening and during the night, but for the past two days I flash but then also sometimes feel chilly. I was dismissing it as the feeling of air on me after Ive been hot and perhaps clammy, but now I wonder. I was anemic and have been taking ferous sulphate pills for a long time. Ive really cut back on taking them since I figured I dont bleed so I must be OK. I guess I better finish the box I have and see what happens. Good luck to all you other chilly people!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register