Waxing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Waxing

Hi This may be a trivial question to ask, but does anyone know when we can get a bikini waxing done, i get waxing done at a lovely salon where the girls are great, i have had regular leg, underarm and bikini waxing done for years, i went last week at 7 weeks post op and the girls know ive had the TAH, she did my legs and underarm waxing as usual but told me i have to wait at least a year for the bikini wax because of the scarring there, where i want it waxed is at the sides has it shows when i have my bathers on, it isnt near the incision but the girl very politely said it was a risk she didnt want to take, i can understand this of course and told her she was correct to point this out, i dont like shaving at all and the creams seem to give me a rash, i dont want to call the Doc with such a trivial matter so i was wondering if any of you on here know when the bikini waxing can be done.

take care everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Waxing

That's nonsense. I had a bikini wax done... practically on my incision at 6 weeks post op with no adverse effects. If anything, it was way less painful than usual because of the numbness. My aesthetician pulls sideways, not up and down, and my external incision was healed. BTW... I also had a mini-tuck, so my incision was sizeable (13 inches long).
Unread 06-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Waxing

Thankyou Tkwave for your reply,
i shall mention this when i next go there, also i will ring around a few salons and ask the same question and see what they say about it, i will let you know what i find out, but has you have had yours done i cannot see why i was told this, i dont want to stop going there because of this has i like the girls and feel comfortable with them, but if they still refuse then i spose i will have to find somewhere else, we go on holiday in 5 weeks time so i will want to have a hair free bikini line,,,,,,,the things us women have to do,,,,,,,,

Thanks again and take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Waxing

Hi Pepperpot,

I am an esthetician and waited until about 8 weeks to wax my bikini line (I wax myself) and have a client who had a hyst just a few weeks after me and have waxed her many times since then. Unless you have inflammed scarring, there is no reason why they shouldn't give you a biking wax. You don't want to wax directly on the scar, but all around it will be just fine. If you decide to go somewhere else, there's no reason that you even need to mention that you had a hyst. unless of course you are on any medication that may thin the skin.
Unread 06-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Waxing

Hey,

I can't see a reason why either. As long as you are not waxing directly over the incision line, you whould be fine. The only thing that I would watch for is when they go the rip the cloth that they don't pull open your incision. I would just have them pull up. Of course if your hair grows the wrong way it might not be as effective. But if it is healed you should be fine either way.

I thought I would share a funny note thought. I get major hair bumps from shaving. So taking that in mind, I had my daughter wax me pre-op and I mean everywhere. Not quite a Brazilian but close enough. My DR and all of the surgery staff could not believe that I had "pre-shaved" for them.

I said yea I know what you people do with razors and no thanks!!

I said this as I was faliing asleep knowing that they had scalpels at the ready. How ironic is that? I am worried more about a 50 cent razor than a scalpel.

Sometimes I really wonder.

Reggie
Unread 06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Waxing

Thanks all for your replies, i have rang 3 salons and they all told me no problem i can get it done, they did mention not going over the incision area which i knew that from when i has my ceasarian scar and i have only ever had the sides waxed, i trim the rest with a bikini trimmer, i am going down to my usual salon tomorrow and i will ask what is the problem has i dont really want to go somewhere new.
Reggie your reply made me laugh about the shaving issue, bet their faces were a picture when they saw you already baldy, i tell you a story now about when i first bought my bikini trim and shape, i put it on number 3 to start and thought oh this is good trims it right down, then thought lets try number 1, so all over i went and i tell you i was looking like a skinhead, my DH went hysterical when i showed him, it wasnt very comfortable that short, talk about stubble, well at least we can have a laugh about these issues.

Take care all,,,,,,,,,,,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register