Adhesions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-22-2005, 08:10 AM
dixiet

dixiet :email:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi Bendo

I am a newbie today and was reading your post.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I am having that same pain. I find it difficult at times to lay on my back or my left side due to the same location of the pain you are referring to. I have no idea what it is from and why it is happening. I have not been to a doctor for it. I am 7 years post op and have had the pain for about 4 years now. However, I did recently purchase one of those memory foam pads for the top of my mattress and it seems to help quite a bit. There are still times I feel it, but not as much anymore. Maybe this is something you can try.
Unread 07-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Adhesions

Hello everyone. I am new to the site....well actually I just returned to the site after being away for 2 years.

I am having the same pain several of you are explaining about. I have had 5 surgeries(to remove adhension) since my hyster. 4 years. I have finally decided now not to have anymore surgeries for the adhension. It seemed everytime I had a surgery I was pain free for about 3-4 months. Then the adhensions were back. And everytime the pain seemed to get worse.

I am just decided I will have to live with the pain. In fact I just spent 6 days in bed with pain. Oh well that seems to be my life now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Lower back and pelvic pain

It's been a year now since my TAH. I had an enlarged uterus and endo. I've had a great year--and have been very pleased with the results. For the lost couple of months though, I have had severe lower back pain (much like that prior to my TAH) and peliv pain, alomost feeling the way I would with PMS before the hysterectomy. I have had many surgeries prior to the hysterectomy for the endo. and two umbillical hernia repairs. I wonder if it could be adhesions or if the endo. is back.
Unread 07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
adhesions/pain

I'm right there with you, 4 years of hell. I only had a prolapsed uterus, with some pressure
and low back pain, which was nothing compared to the constant pain. Some days are better
than others, but I know I'll have some pain everyday. My doctors (several now) Just always
act confused, like they've never heard of such a thing, but I've read so many of exact same
symptoms that I have. I have the vagina from hell, my entire pelvic area hurts. And I too know
some women must have this surgery, and some do well. What gets me though, is the reaction
from the doctors. They never told me of any of these possibilities. I think they are obligated
to tell us the possible outcomes. As soon as there is a problem they throw up their hands like they don't have a clue as to what is going on, and maybe they don't, well then they
should'nt be doing the surgeries if they don't know how to deal with the complications, or
at the very least have someone to refer you to. Just had to say it one more time.
Unread 08-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Adhesions

I had my hysterectomy 4 wekks ago. I awoke after surgery to find that the pain I had prior to surgery was still there, only a million times worse. Doctors now tell me that suregery was probably unneccesary.
I have spent almost three of the last four weeks in the hospital, Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, just to control my pain.
I am being told that I might have neuropathy and will have to control the pain with heavy meds. I am also going to try a trigger point injection on Friday to see if we can releive any of this lower abdomenal pain that might be caused by adhesions.
I am so sory for all of you having to deal with this God awful pain and so sorry that there isn't a doctor out there who can explain any of this to us.
I'll be thinking of you all. Please think of me too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register