Waiting waiting! will my date never come! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting waiting! will my date never come! Waiting waiting! will my date never come!

Unread 06-24-2005, 05:57 AM
Waiting waiting! will my date never come!

Hi ladies, I have been reading posts here for several weeks now and hoping that I could say 'I can go have my hyst on such a a date' but no date yet, Im getting frustrated with the wait now.
My op was supposed to be scheduled between july and september and they were giving me 6 weeks notice as I have a lot to arrange before I go into the castle.

I feel as if I am in limbo land and each month passes with one more awful period to put up with, I rush to the mail every morning to see if my letter has arrived but just get dissapointed when there is nothing for me.

I have a severely disabled son and my husband is also disabled so the other thing i keep thinking is, is six weeks going to be enough time to get everything in order, mind you having said that is there ever enough time to get things organised.

I dont really know what I am trying to say here but thanks for letting me vent anyway, if anybody has any bright ideas to keep me going I would be very grateful.
Kindest regards
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 07:23 AM

Hi Linda,

I understand your frustration on the wait, I waited 8 months for my appointment to come through, once I had the date the time flew past and made the waiting more bareable.

Have you tried getting yourself put on the cancelation list? Have you rung the hosp to see how far up the list you are?
These things help to remined them that you are waiting.

And with the holiday season here, some people cancel in preferance to go on holiday. A cancelation is usually about 2 weeks notice, but if you refuse it, it dosent mean you have to wait any longer than you have been already.

Give it a try if you can agranged things for short notice.

s
Unread 06-24-2005, 08:05 AM

Hi!
I agree with Tanis. I called to find out where I was periodically and was put on a cancellation list. Cancellations do happen, and if they do, they go to the cancellation list to see who is wanting it sooner. They wanted to make me wait 3 months and with me calling I only waited a month.

God Bless,
D'anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 03:08 PM

thankyou very much for your advice, I think I will give the hospital a ring on monday and see where things are at.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register