Cough.....what About Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cough.....what About Sex Cough.....what About Sex

Unread 06-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

I have been reading through lots of experiences today and can see that I shouldnt be shy about asking some searching questions.

Can anyone who has had a TAH incl cervix tell me if there sex life is still the same i.e feels the same in there or what ....something I dont want to ask my Doctor about

Look forward to hearing from my fellow sisters.

Love

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

I had a TAH/BSO and sex for us is just the same as it always was. Nothing felt any different to me or my husband (I asked!). We have frequent sex (1 or 2 times a day) and have had no problems or decrease in pleasure or libido. Only thing different is we don't have to wait for my period to end! By the way, we are in our late 40's and married 26 years.
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

Thanks Kscop that's a relief
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

MY CUDDLE TIME WITH MY HUSBAND IS BETTER NOW THEN BEFORE, I STILL HAVE MY OVARIES - BUT I HAVE NO MORE PAIN SO I CAN ENJOY MUCH BETTER.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF - YOUR HYSTERSIS - KIM
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
TAH/BSO and rectocele repair

I think it varies for everyone. Since I also had repairs done to the vaginal wall for the rectocele, I wasn't cleared for sex until after 7 weeks post op. And it really really hurt the first several times. The doc said to expect that because to make good repairs that would last, he had to do a lot of work. Also I had little to no sensation for the first 3 to 4 months in the whole area.

I started on testosterone cream, then added oral testosterone to the HRT to improve the libido.

The sensations came back after about 4 to 6 months and the libido got better after 8 months.

It doesn't hurt anymore at all, but we do have to use lubrication.

It is a worry, that's why everyone needs to really explore all their options before having the surgery. No one knows which they will bene who things are fine or one that has some difficulties.

Unread 06-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

I agree...it's hard to say how it will be for you. As for me, there are times that are better than others. For the most part, I have been very pleased! I haven't been disappointed thus far, but do feel that once I am completely healed things will be even better. Hope things work out well for you. Take care!
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Cough.....what About Sex

As the saying goes....everyone is different.

I had a TAH and kept ovaries in November 2004. It took me 14 weeks post op to pluck up the courage to "reconnect" with hubby. Just wasn't mentally ready.

Glad I waited, anyways, because the experience was great! No bleeding, no pain! O's were different but still very nice.

So, you won't know until you try it and don't give up if the first or second time is not what you expected. It takes time for our bodies to heal, our hormones to level out and for us to "move on" from the recovery stage and onto the LIVING stage!

Best wishes,

Sarah
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
thank you

Just a quick Thank You to all my responses, you have all managed to set my mind at rest..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register