went for ultra sound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

went for ultra sound went for ultra sound

Unread 06-29-2005, 04:47 AM
went for ultra sound

<big sigh>

Well....

I went for my ultra sound and it doesn't look good so far....I was actually in pain during this basic test. They did both a pelvic ultra and a trans vaginal.

During the pelvic my bladder was so full when he ran the wand over my bladder it hurt badly. Even he said my bladder was to full and they shouldn't have made me wait so long. Any way he kept taking markings on my left side and kept asking me where was my pain. Then we got into the discussion of my last surgery for ORS. When he got to trans vaginal we were disscussing how ORS happens and he kept repeating the question " you had the left ovary removed?" I kept telling him yes and it was like he didn't believe me!!!

Then when he put the wand more intensely on my left wall I almost went thru the roof and then the assistant there asked me while she was stareing intently at the screen asked had I ever been DX with cancer? When I turned and looked at the screen there was definately SOMETHING there....looked farily large to. I asked the doc It's back isn't it? I'm a freak of nature aren't I? He looked at me and said I can't say anything definate yet I have to look at the pics. I laughed and told him I had seen enough pics of my insides to know something was up. He said to wait for the results. During all this time the nurse kept getting closer and closer to the screen to see better and when she helped me off the table I whispered to her " it's back isn't it?" She looked at the doc real fast, then looked at the screen and then said " I didn't get a good look let the doc tell you." So go figure.

So now I sit and wait till Thurs when I pick up my results to take to the surgen with me. I get to pick up my results a 9:30 on Thurs. I'll be there at 9...lol

I did get some of my blood work back and accordding to that I'm healthy as a horse!!!!! I did have elevated levels of cholestorol (sp) and due to all the heart attack history in my family she wants me on Lipitor. There were one or two other tests that came back "abnormal" and she wants me to take them again. No kidney infection, no bladder infection. She also said the RA came out borderline.....

My family thinks I'm kidding...I was in tears last night due to thier uncaring attitude that I'll be up and about in a week after surgery. DH says well I heard that gallbladder surgery is easy whats the big deal? He doesn't understand that I can't have a lap for that. My 20 yr old DD's response that I need more surgery was " yeah right" . I'm sick and barfing, haven't been able to eat solid food in a month, I look like HE**, tired all the time and niether one of them seems to give a fig. But that's another post.

I'll post the results when I get them asap...

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 07:45 AM
went for ultra sound

Sending you big s Dawn! I don't know what more to say. My breaks for you. Please keep us posted and try and hang in there. God bless!!!!!! Love ya!

Emily
Unread 06-29-2005, 08:18 AM
went for ultra sound

Oh, Dawn! I'm sorry! please let us know as soon as you know what's going on. I wish there was something more we could do for you!!! I hope that coming here to talk and vent your frustrations help! I know that sometimes our families seem so uncaring or insensitive to our situations - I think they just get to a certain point where they just don't know what to say anymore. Please take care of yourself!!!

Sending you lots of gentle s!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
went for ultra sound

Big s to you, dear

I'm sorry the tests were worst than you epected

I don't have much wisdom to offer, but did want to say that we're here for you, always. Hang in there: hopefully, all will be better once you have the surgery.

ps: you can always come here for support and understanding. We know you're not kidding and that it's not all in your head
Unread 06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
went for ultra sound

Dawn,
I wish you the best! I hope that it was your imagination. But I know what you mean. When I was pregnant the first time I worked in Lab and X-ray. I knew the ultrasound tech well as I worked with her. At 16 weeks she was pointing out all kinds of things and a video tape. At 32 weeks she was really quiet, wouldn't show me the head or private area. I could tell that she kept focusing in on the baby's head as it was already down. She even got the radiologist to come and have a look but they wouldn't tell me anything. When I got back to work my supervisor and my doctor were discusing something and when I came in the room they stopped tallking. This was a Friday and they made me sweat all weekend because they didn't think I suspected anything. Monday he called and asked me to come over to the clinic and see him. To make a long story shorter... My son was born with a cleft lip and palate.
I hope that it is just hormones and everything is okay. Good Luck!
Kat
Unread 06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
went for ultra sound

Ya'll are the best

I'm stewing of course...been up late trying to get caught up on homework..not that that is really happening.

I'm leaving class early just to get my films so I'll know before I see the surgen at 1:30....

Here's to hoping it's a fluke or something minor

Dawn
Unread 06-30-2005, 01:25 AM
went for ultra sound

Dawn
Praying for you, hon. Don't understand your family's
attitude. Rough!
Even considering your prior hernia repair, Might you check with a different surgeon
re lap gallbladder surgery??The old time method
is something to avoid if possible
Unread 06-30-2005, 05:31 AM
went for ultra sound

Actually lots of people here in my hometown have had scope surgery to remove their gall bladder, and we live in a rural area with a small hospital.

Don't give up the idea of a scope procedure just yet...
Unread 06-30-2005, 06:07 AM
went for ultra sound

thanks for the thoughts girls...

I've already discussed this with my doc and the scope/lap is not an option....I wish it was....

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register