Help!! what is going on?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!  what is going on?? Help!! what is going on??

Unread 07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Help!! what is going on??

Meldie, I know exactly how you feel. The pain I was having before the hyst, I thought for sure after the hyst, it would be gone. Well not exactly! I am having the lap on Wed. done because I am having the same pain! I really do understand and you just have to hang in there. Keep going to your doctor until they can give you an answer. There is obviously something wrong and don't let them tell you any different. Keep up posted on your progress, as I will do the same!

Take care,
Keri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 04:25 PM

I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and encouragement, as you know it really means alot, especially when old pains that you thought you were finished with resurface.

I will keep you all informed on my progress, please let me know how you guys are doing!!!

Thanks so so much!

Mel
Unread 07-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Mel,

While you may think that you are going crazy - you most certainly are not!!! The pain you are feeling could very well be from cysts or endo! I have had cysts return since my TVH. They attach themselves to my adhesions.......and then we are back to square one. Feels just like it did before my TVH. So don't discount the way you are feeling - you know your body better than anybody! If it is telling you something, listen to it! And whenever possible, get copies of your radiology reports. Cause while adhesions do not show up on CT or US, cysts do.......and in my case, I had a radiologist assume that the cyst in my abdomen was an ovary - 6 months after my TVH BSO! So he just said it was a "Negative CT with a Normal Healthy Left Ovary" !!! lol

Just take care of yourself!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2005, 06:37 PM
hang in there

I had pain in my right side that started about 6 months after my hyst. In January I had my gallbladder removed and the pain went away for about 2 months. Now it is constantly there again. I am having an ultrasound on Tuesday so hopefully that will show what the problem is. My liver enzymes have been high the last three blood tests I have had so that could be the problem.All I know is it feels like something pushing against my right side.I thought the pain was gone for good after my last surgery;but I guess not.Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:07 AM
left sided pain after TVH kept ovaries

Can adhesions cause a pulling burning raw sensation.. that is the type of pain that I have been having for months on the left side and it radiates back toward rectum.

All bloodwork and been normal.... and recent MRI scan and ultrasound shows I have developed a cyst on my right ovary ( but pain is coming from left side)......

Sometimes just sitting on my left side tailbone for extended times really aggrevates it also.

any others with similar symptoms and where do I go from here.....

The cyst on the right ovary will be reevaluated again end of July-Aug.... to see if it has changed. I was told it was possibly a hemmorgenic cyst or emdometrioma cyst.

Thanks.
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:13 AM

YES, you could very well have adhesions on your left side, of course it could possibly be another cyst. If all your tests are coming up negative, I would ask your doctor about adhesions. I just had adhesions removed via lap yesterday and I had the same symptoms as you. They definitely hurt and burn at times. Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

Hugs,
Keri
Unread 07-07-2005, 08:17 AM

Thanks Kerri.... for the support... it means alot... Alot of Dr.'s I have been to think it is all in my head... and I know it is NOT.. and I know how my body is feeling. Did you ever has nausea with your problems with adhesions? I have that also off and on.....but all GI test come back normal and gallbladder is normal.
Unread 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM

You are so welcome! That is what we are here for. As for nausea, no I never got any of that but some ladies do. There may be some symptoms I had that you don't. All I know is that I was in pain, badly and I wasn't going to let the doctors make me think "it's all in my head". I knew different. I knew there was something wrong otherwise I wouldn't have been hurting. I had my mind made up and if it took me going to all of the docs around town to get the right diagnosis and get a doc that truely wanted to help me, I would do so! Luckily, the surgeon I have been going to saw that "it wasn't all in my head" and could tell that there was a problem. While he was eliminating things it could have been, he continued to prescribe me pain med, because he knew I was hurting. I know alot of doctors like to eliminate other issues our before doing any type of surgery, which my surgeon was one of these. I didn't mind this because he wasn't to quick to jump to surgery. In my mind, I knew it was adhesions...I think every woman knows her own body and mind that well. I just let him take his time and try and figure it out on his own. After my lap yesterday, we finally came to a conclusion.

I can't express to you enough how important it is to stay on top of this and if you have to, move to another doctor. Also, while going through all of this, since day one, I have kept copies of all my records, just for my ease of mind. Just an idea.

Again, hang in there and holler at me, if ya need me!
Hugs,
Keri
Unread 07-07-2005, 11:19 PM

I'm in the same boat as all of you except mine is on the left side. I too just want this pain to go away once and for all. I am so tired of hurting all the time. I go see my gyn tomorrow for my weekly nerve block injection but I'm going to ask her about possibly doing a lap to see if she can see anything going on or to possibly resection my vaginal cuff. Even though I have nerve pain I also have pain dead center of my cuff, so I'm really wondering if there is a nerve trapped in there also or maybe it's adheasions pulling from the nerve at the spinal cord to the cuff. I don't know, of course nothing has showed up on any tests, and I've just been racking my brain trying to come with something...anything...that can get rid of this pain. It is totally affecting my life...I can't do much else but go to work and come home and go to bed. Haven't had sex in over 6 months because I hurt so bad and I'm having to be on pain killers all the time. I want off this roller coaster!! I don't want to play anymore.

The really disappointing thing that has happened to most of us, is that we thought by having the hyst our pain would go away. It is so depressing to find out that it hasn't, and if anything it has gotten worse.

Meldie, let us know when you schedule your surgery.

Trickie636...good luck with your upcoming surgery, we'll be sending you warm thoughts.
Unread 07-10-2005, 10:52 AM

I don't know if this will help, and I forgot to mention this in my earlier posts, and it may be out in left field.
About 6 mo. after my hyst, when I continued to have pelvic pain, my Dr. did adhesion surgery, and while in there, discovered that one of the arteries to the ovary had not closed off, and was still vital. So he
cauterized it. But I really had not been having that much pain there, except 1 day I had, had acute
pain there with burning down my thigh, and pain there where the ovary had been. He thought by fixing
that he had found the problem, and he did fix that, but the chronic pain at the cuff was still there.
Girls there is so much that can cause problems down there. Anyway I just happened to think of that,
don't know if it can help, just another thing that can go wrong. I've wondered if that had been left what it would become, maybe nothing, he didn't say. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register