Funny moments | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny moments Funny moments

Unread 06-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Funny moments

Anyone else out there have a real comedic moment?

I was in the OR, a little dopey from the versed, and then they gave me something else that made me not care who saw what or what came out of my mouth.

I told the entire staff I saved the last tampon from the box so I could have that little sucker bronzed.

They cracked up. Now, the normal everyday me would never have told people I don't know something like that, but it's a good memory of this ordeal that will make me smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Funny moments

That is funny!
Unread 06-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Funny moments

I have had quite a few humorous moments post-op.
Seems I've remained just a little goofy after this surgery!

I believe it's important to be able to laugh at yourself, even while trying to fully recover.

Recently I was trying to shower (seems like I'm still kinda slow and clumsy). I knocked my DH's washcloth to the shower floor, and when I bent over to pick it up and stood back up again, I had inadvertantly picked up my washcloth with my backside!!
No one witnessed this event, but I stood there laughing at myself, holding a washcloth in my hand and one ... in my rear!

Shoozie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Funny moments

In the pre-op room, my surgical nurse had introduced himself to me and we had gone over several questions. While waiting for my anestheologiest, another anestheologiest, whom I had known for several years walked through.

Now Skip is a consumate musician who goes no-where without his guitar. So while he is waiting for his patients, he is known to seranade people in the pre-op area.

While we are talking and visiting, he begins the Lionel Ritchie song, "I know it sounds funny, But I just can't stand the pain, so I'm leaving here tomorrow." Well I look up at him and explain, you are SOOOO right, I just can't stand the pain!

Caught poor Skip off guard and got him tickled which brought everyone else over to see what was so funny. My last memories were of laughing hysterically while the goodie juice was being put in my IV.

I remember him saying he was going to have to learn a new song since he had sang that song for years and NO ONE had ever commented but now he would only laugh when he sang it!

I will always be thankful for the laughter. It was such a thoughtful thing for him to stroll around and sing to those of us waiting for our turn in surgery. Not what I expected while in pre-op but the soft music and beautiful voice were certainly calming and soothing.
Unread 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Funny moments

Life's a true Gift, isn't it?
Unread 06-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Funny moments

Thanks for that Shoozie I had a good laugh.

Ever since my surgery I find when I bend over to pick something up I have to half bend and half squat and when I do that wearing my housecoat or a skirt I end up with some uninvited material visiting my backside.

So I guess I can relate in a way.
Unread 06-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Funny moments

You all are terrific!

Unread 06-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Funny moments

Before I was wheeled into the operating room, the nurse had given me something to relax me. Then when I was in the OR waiting for the doctor to come in, the OR crew started talking about watching old TV shows the night before. The anesthiologist
told me I would probably be dreaming about "Fred Sanford" from Sanford and Son while they operated on me! I managed to mumble, "No, I want to dream about I Love Lucy"!
I don't remember dreaming about anything but that talk about old shows did help me relax before surgery!
Keep laughing! BonBon
Unread 06-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Funny moments

I'm a little further along than most of you but when I was 6 weeks post op the doctor released me to go back to normal life. Yeah right, I decided to sit up on the couch and watch a movie. Just me, my pillows and some popcorn. I leaned back on the pillows and got comfortable. I then need to get up to use the restroom and could not get up. The way I was sitting I needed to use my stomach muscles to move and they were not cooperating. I had to roll onto the floor to get up. I laughed so hard and was glad no one was there to see that stunt.

Hope everyone continues to find some laughter through out all of this.
Unread 06-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Funny moments

Oh Sly.... I have to tell you that you gave me and my DH a good laugh. I really needed it too... I just wonder if I said anything that funny while I was on the versed... Well anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you made our day. God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register