bowel issues ??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bowel issues ??? bowel issues ???

Unread 06-30-2005, 12:33 PM
bowel issues ???

Have not been here in quite some time and I am really hoping someone can give a bit of feed back here...........
I am almost 2 years out of the TVH/no ovaries left, due to fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia, adenomyosis............the issue I am having is lately, at least the past 2 months I have not been moving my bowels for at least 4-5 days at a pop where normally before I would go daily...................
Anyone here run into this situation?
Thanks and have an awesome rest of the day.......
Take care of you! April
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 04:35 PM
bowel issues ???

Hi!

I had a visit recently to my gp to discuss my 'constipation' issues with her. I told her that it wasn't that I was constipated, more a case of the muscle didn't seem to be working properly.

I've also had a lot of heartburn issues, and have slowly worked through my problems, and this is what I have found out:

I changed my antidepressant cipralex (lexapro) back to the branded meds, from the generic. (This I discovered by accident)

I read up on low gi diet, and changed bread from white to granary (I'm looking through for other substitutions)

I have added more side salads to my diet, and almost cut out carbs of an evening, as I struggle to digest, and I try and buy bitty orange juice and drink a glass of this a day.

I'm going every other day now, as opposed to every 4 recently, and every day prior to my hyster, so I know that it's the hyster that's caused it!

I hope that my suggestions help you, I've found these things out through trial and error. I hope you find some relief!

Unread 06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
bowel issues ???

April,
I think it's time for a visit to your doctor. Any new symptoms or sudden changes in bowel habits should be investigated. When it comes to the bowels the causes can be many so I wouldn't try to guess what is causing your problem. I can tell you that I've had bowel problems for many years and some of mine are related to food and digestive problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 08:33 AM
bowel issues ???

Thanks for the info................I have an appointment today at 3 so will keep you up to date on what I find out. All of this has been coming on gradually, but now it is like every 4-5 days of "movement" with a lot of lower back pain and lower left front pain..................I used to "move" almost twice a day before my hysterectomy sooooooooooo..................oh and another note, my tummy looks like I am about 5-6 months pregnant........they said that would go away after they removed the fibroids and uterus and it is still there!
I don't eat any junk food (very very rarely), and I have some type of salad everyday and unless I eat a burger or something I normally do not eat white breads, and I don't do pop, I do eat my pasta and potatoes but that has been a forever thing so that should not cause this problem I don't think.
Take care of you and again thanks.............I will write again soon.
April

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register