Any 7 Weekers Out There?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 7 Weekers Out There?? Any 7 Weekers Out There??

Unread 07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Any 7 Weekers Out There??

Hi,

well I can't believe it's been 7 weeks today since my op.

I'm feeling great physically but still a bit up and down emotionally - but I put that down to the fact that it's still early days with my HRT.

I wore my jeans for the first time today and they are a little too big but actually quite comfortable.

Drove to work but just popped in to drop off my personal belongings as I start my new job on Monday and I'm very excited about it.

Then I drove round to my friend's to make the arrangements for our trip to London in December to see Duran Duran - can't wait!!

Going out for a meal with DH tomorrow night and also on Wednesday night with my new employers. I'm feeling confident and ready to start going out and about again.

Hope my fellow 7 weekers are doing OK!!

Rowdy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 09:32 AM

Hi Rowdy,

I am out here still. We are same day sisters.

Glad to hear that you are doing good. Take it from me, take it easy. I've had to do a whole lot more than I anticipated lately, with taking care of the boyfriend with the broken back and it has been very hard.

I've had some weird pains lately but one of the sisters said that it might be gas.

Driving has been a breeze and it really feels good to get out of the house.

Work - will it's work. I've had some ups and downs. I am learning new things and I've been very frustrated at the "fuzzy" feeling. Like I just seem lost sometimes and feel like I'm never gonna get it.

I hope that you have a good time at the Duran Duran concert. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Best wishes to you and good luck to you at your new job.

Charlene
Unread 07-01-2005, 09:55 AM

Hiya rowdy ,7 wks 2 days now,have you found anyone local yet to meet up with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 11:03 AM

Hi again roo,

no, not found anyone local yet. Mind you, I haven't been looking a great deal this last couple of weeks as I've been a bit of a busy bee - not overdoing it, but I've had a steady stream of stuff to see to.

Also, as I'm back at work next week I probably won't have time.

Oh well, at least I know I've got my 'sisters' to talk to.

Take care

Rowdy.
Unread 07-01-2005, 06:04 PM

I had my TAH/BSO/Appy on May 12th. I start back at work on Tuesday the 5th. I am actually looking forward to going back to work.

The week after that I am allowed to start going back to the gym for cardio, and depending on how that goes I can start weight training again. It will probably be a couple months before I recover enough strength to go back to Pilates.

Getting out of the house and driving is great fun. I am glad you are all doing well.

I just can't fathom that 7 weeks ago they removed 7 organs and I feel great. It amazes me what the human body is capable of. The first week after my surgery I would never have thought I would recover this well. I am so thankful that I am healing well, the cancer is gone, and I get to be healthy for the fist time.
Unread 07-02-2005, 03:16 AM

MKTNGinFL,

I'm with you there. I too can't believe how great I'm feeling after having so much removed. The first week after the surgery, I thought I would never feel better again and I would be in pain for ever, but it amazes me how well our bodies can recover.

Kind of scarey that we are now in July and surgery was back in May - feels like I've lost 2 months in the blink of an eye!!

Good luck with going back to work and take it easy!!

Rowdy.
Unread 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM

I was 7 weeks on Thursday and I can't believe how good I feel. I still have a couple of aches and pains and minor annoyances, and I'm still really tired, but it beats how I felt 8 weeks ago before the surgery.

I'm up to walking a little more than a mile a day (and looking forward to getting up to 5 like I was doing last summer) and next week I'm allowed to start my salsa dancing exercise video again. Yay!

I can also fit into my pre-surgery jeans again, which gives me hope that I'll be able to fit into the pre-rapidly-growing fibroids jeans again soon. One more size to go!

It's hard for me to believe that 7 weeks have passed already. Where the heck did June go? But I have no problem giving up June as long as all the problems went along with it.

Good luck to everyone!
Unread 07-02-2005, 08:09 PM

I'm 7 weeks on Monday and I feel great physically, except for getting tired easily. My emotions currently are great, but we're taking that one day at a time for obvious reasons.

I am SO JEALOUS that you're going to see DURAN DURAN! Ogle at John Taylor for me, would you?

Have fun!
Unread 07-02-2005, 08:12 PM

Rowdy,
Did you have the ascites before the hyst? If so did you still have it after? DId you ever get it drained?
Kat
Unread 07-03-2005, 03:34 AM

Sherlock1970, yes I will be ogling John Taylor - he was always my favourite! I went to see them last year at Manchester and I'm so looking forward to seeign them again. This time, we'll be right at the front as we've got standing tickets - we'll get there as soon as the doors open and leg it to the front!!

Sunnykat, yes I did have the ascetis before my surgery but I don't have it now. It was all drained away during the surgery. Because of the presence of ascetis, they were concerned that there was a possibility of cancer so they took everything out and sent it all off to histology. Luckily, all came back clear. After removing the fibroma, there was no more fluid, either in my tummy or on my lungs. Hope this helps.

Rowdy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register