Surgery Date Set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Date Set Surgery Date Set

Unread 07-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Surgery Date Set

I'm going in on July 28th. Very, very nervous!!!! You'd think that I shouldn't be. This will be my third surgery within 5 months. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy in Feb. Everything looked fine, but I still have pain. Last month I had a bladder sling for stress incontinence. Now, my uterus is prolapsing more and my back is aching and it's difficult to walk. I have also developed a slight rectocele. I can't believe that I am falling apart. I'm only 44 and feel like I'm 94. I am thankful for this website! And I am looking forward to the other side of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Surgery Date Set

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for letting us know your date. It sounds like you have been through a lot lately. I pray that your surgery is uncomplicated and your recovery smooth.

I know you are nervous. Hang in there. I think most of us can relate!

s

Deb
Unread 07-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Surgery Date Set

I'm sending lots of good wishes your way. I think that most of us can relate to your nerves and worries.

Hang in there, the end is in sight now

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Surgery Date Set

Hi Dianne - My surgery is scheduled for August 2nd and I am very nervous! I certainly think there are lots of reasons to be nervous and scared even if you have had other surguries in a short period of time.

Last October I had uterin ablation, before that is was a scope to take a look see, The year before that I had a lump removed from my throat apparently from the tonsilectomy I had only a few months prior.

Everytime I start feeling like I should not be nervous or scared I think about my sister June who is no longer with us. She literally had at least one type of surgery or proceedure for every year she was alive and before each and everyone of them she was nervous. Surgery of any kind is scary - and of this type is even scarier since we know the recovery can be so long and difficult. I think the trick is to know it is ok to be nervous but be confidant we are making the right choice.

See my post titled "Oh My Gosh"

Best wishes and here is to a happy recovery!

JJRider
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Surgery Date Set

Mine is scheduled August 3. I am also very nervous but excited even more. I have dreamed of life post chronic pelvic pain and now an end is in sight. Where are you having your surgeries? Keep in touch, it's nice to feel like I'm not going throgh this alone! You will be in my thoughts.
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Surgery Date Set

Hi Dianne:

I am also scheduled for surgery on July 28. I am having a TAH. This will be my 5 surgery. Nervous and scared here too. Together we can get through this. Keep smiling and remember, you're not alone in this.

Lots of luck, keep me posted,

Debb
Unread 07-03-2005, 10:47 AM
help

well mine is et for july 18th an di know what you mean about falling apart i am only 25.and have to have it done i am nervous about having the surgery and recovery so if you could please help me out here?
Unread 07-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Scheduled surgery date

My surgery is scheduled for 6 July. To say I'm nervous is putting it quite mildly. I'm having rectocele/cystocele/enterocele repair with vaginal hysterectomy. I'm in the military but am having the surgery by a civillian doctor. Luckily, I'm being given 8 weeks to recover before returning to work as I have FMS and recovery might be a bit longer. I'm glad to have found this board and all the wonderful advice offered.
Unread 07-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Surgery Date Set

Hi Dianne,

I am scheduled for July 18 and I am getting very nervous also. I am scheduled for TAH-BSO. I will be thinking of you.
Unread 07-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Surgery Date Set

I went through the suffering with military Dr.'s for years. Thank a higher power that you're getting a civilian Dr. I also think it's great that we can all help each other through this. I can tell you right now there isn't one person in my immediate family or a friend who truly understands what I'm going through. Are any of you on any hormone pre surgery. I am taking Provera daily and I think I'm getting a little dose of what it's going to be like post surgery. I'm very up and down emotionally but I think coming here is going to help me get through this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register