pain when sitting downHi | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain when sitting downHi pain when sitting downHi

Unread 07-05-2005, 07:00 AM
pain when sitting downHi

Hello, Had my surgery June 15, vaginal hysterectomy. 3 weeks out almost......BUT i am having trouble sitting , i am getting alot of pain and pressue, went on a car ride for a couple o hours (was that too much?) and really uncomfortable. Then the next day started bleeding, red. I also had a sparc sling and still have to cath myself. Going to dr tomorrow, but is anyone else have this problem? Lots of gas if i sit too long YUK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2005, 09:11 AM
pain when sitting downHi

HI! I had a TLH and I had pain when I sat for about 2 weeks post op, and on occassion for about a week after that. It gradually got better with pain only if I sat for too long. I sat kind of lopsided to offset the pain in the beginning. I am at 5 weeks post op and still experience some discomfort if I sit to long, but according to doctor today I still have sutures and I am not completely healed so that explained why I am still getting some discomfort. I have bled for 5 weeks so I can't help you on the bleeding part. You could give the Dr's nurse a call and ask.
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:24 AM
pain when sitting downHi

Hi tinker47,
I had a lot of pain sitting for several weeks. A two hour car ride would have really hurt me. I used a donut cushion for sitting. It helped a lot, but not really in the car. I just avoided long rides in the car. I think the slings really add a lot of discomfort,and require some extra healing time. That was my experience anyway. Have you tried any ice packs or heat? I found that it helped to relieve some of the discomfort. During this time when it really hurts to be sitting try to recline as much as possible to give that area a chance to heal.
I had to do some self cathing too. I wasn't completely emptying my bladder. It cleared up for me in a couple of weeks time. I hope yours won't be too much of a problem either. It's pretty common I think to have to let the bladder heal up some before everything works properly.
Did the bleeding continue? If it has I would suggest calling your dr and letting him/her know, just in case it's something that needs attention. If it stopped right away, it's probably ok. Your body is telling you that it didn't like that though. You must have stitches that aren't healed up enough to tolerate you sitting for long periods of time.
Are you using anything like GasX for the gas? Someone also suggested Beano the other day. I think both work well. Let us know what you find out at the dr. I hope you will be feeling better soon.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2005, 06:27 PM
pain when sitting downHi

I was nearly six weeks before two hours in the car would have been tolerable. I had both the Sparc and vaginal mesh, both of which contributed to difficulty sitting. Time is really the only thing that makes it better.
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:38 PM
pain when sitting downHi

I feel much better hearing that the "sitting" pain will eventually get less and less....I was beginning to wonder if the doctors had done something wrong!!!

I am fortunate that my bladder is working fine...my bowels are moving...I'm just in a great deal of pain...much more pain with this A&P/Bladder sling thing than I was with the TVH...

I'm trying to take it easy...but its very hard for me to rest...

Alex : )
Unread 07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
pain when sitting downHi

Thanks, Went to doctor and he said that I am still healing, be patient but I had alot of bowel and bladder probs before surgery. My doc said uterus was 210 grams, plus my bladder dropped so we will see. I worry that the sling is too tight or my body may reject the mesh. Also still using a cath . I makes me feel better to hear from everyone Thanks
Unread 07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
pain when sitting downHi

Also has anyone had pressure in your rectum? Like when I am sitting for while, I get alot of gas and pressure there too.And something in my vagina, I dont know if thats just still the swelling or could that be from the sparc sling? Thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register