Vaginal spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal spotting Vaginal spotting

Unread 03-19-2001, 08:44 AM
Vaginal spotting

How long is it normal to have vaginal spotting after a TVH? It has been 13 days since my surgery. I didn't have any drainage while in the hospital,it seems to be increasing not decreasing.
I was looking forward to throwing all those products away! ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2001, 09:33 AM
Vaginal spotting

I had some spotting off and on for the first month. I had an increase between 3-4 weeks and noticed stitches coming out. I also had a little discharge around 7 weeks when more stitches dissolved. My discharge was brown and not bright red, however. My post op notes said to call the doctor if there was bright red bleeding that would soak a pad in a couple of hours. I never had anything like that. Come to think of it, I did have a tiny bit of red spotting around 2 1/2 weeks when I overdid it by going out to lunch and shopping for some Christmas presents. It stopped as soon as I laid low after that.

I would call the doctor's office just to let them know what is up in case they want you to come in to be checked. It may not be anything, but if it is increasing, even for peace of mind, you might want to give them a call.

Feel better and get lots of rest. There is a lot of healing going on in there.
Unread 03-19-2001, 10:06 AM
Vaginal spotting

I am also 13 days and have just minimal yellowish discharge. I gave all my tampons away, but have had to even go out and get more pads. UGH. Mine discharge got pinkish one day when I was up too much, otherwise there is not much. The doctor told me to expect spotting for two to four weeks and that I only needed to call if it was bright red or very heavy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2001, 12:24 PM
Vaginal spotting

I had a TVH on 3/5/01, My Dr. advised at my one week checkup, that I would have spotting for about one month. He said it should be pink/orange or brown in color and to call if it was red. So at 2 weeks today, I still have discharge. I have to wear a pantiliner... YUCK!!
The Dr. also told me the more I do, the more discharge I would have and to take it easy. Hope this had helped, if you have any questions, please call your dr.

Tina
TVH 3/5/01- large fibroid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register