visiting OR room again, - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

visiting OR room again, visiting OR room again,

Unread 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Reguarding surgery

Dawn I feel so bad for you! Listen, with all the surgical "mishaps" I've had and there's been many!! Just about every procedure! And all but one incident was a different surgen, my opinion on this is your being rushed into this! And if your "GUT" is telling you to cancel, then you should! I had a "Gut" feeling once and didnt act on it, and it cost me dearly nearly my life!! I got the impression from this Doc that he' wasnt open to much of anything! And although he has a since of humor any surgery is a serious matter. I've also been that route! I rushed into my last bladder surgery because I was going through a divorce and wasnt going to have the insurance so I asked no questions and put it in the surgens hands, well if you've ever read my introduction post you know what happened. Are you moving out of the area and you feel the need to get this done right now? I know your in alot of pain and you want it to go away but I'm worried about the whole situation! You have to go into surgery thinking am I getting what I want and need? He's not open to the barriers, or looking at anything else while he's in there? And don't forget because it sounds like he did, "Your hireing him!" The final desision is yours of course and if your haveing second thoughts , maybe theres a reason? I know I have to tell you with everything thats happened to me I have a real hard time trusting Doctors at this point, if there's no room for discussion . I would want everything done at once so you wouldnt have to go through the pain your in anymore! I don't think I've helped you any Dawn and I'm sorry but I'm very worried and I'm a firm believer in "GUT" feelings! Let me know what you decided to do, It's never too late! Take Care Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 05:12 AM
visiting OR room again,

Well,

I'm calmer now than last night.... could be cause the first cup of java hasn't kicked in.

I'm going to go ahead with the surgery only because my glallbladder reminded me why I needed it out at 1 am this morning. I was up again for 3 hours in pain and know I can't continue like this.

Sally.....I'm GLAD I don't have to have a bowel prep! LOL I had just never heard of such a thing before surgery. With all my other ones I always had a bowel prep with " go litely" and found it strange this time I didn't. As far as the advance directive...I would probably be a little less nervous about filling it out this time if my EKG didn't come back yesterday showing heart problems. Pre-op nurse said it shouldn't effect sugery but I need to have it "checked out" Heart issues are a biggie in my family and my doc has been concerned for me for some time now...just another thing to worry about eh?

Netty...I'm usually the one telling everyone to be their own advocate..lol and I know everything you said is true in being proactive in my own care. I've just been in pain for so long I think I just want to know at this point if it is the gallbladder causing ALL my pain. I have got to be able to eat and haven't been able to do so for about 6 months now.

<big sigh> No I'm not happy with the surgeon. No I won't cancel at this point, due to being tired of all the time. I do know I won't go back to him again. I need a surgeon willing to talk to me to some degree not just " I don't do that". I'll deal with these issues and then go back to my primary ( who is an absoloute doll) and talk to her about my other issues. I'm also going to call my insurance company next time and find a surgeon who is not so local I think. (meaning someone who hasn't lived in Sanford for 50 years lol )

As far as the house issue...if I don't close today they will have to wait till I recover. It's our first home and I'm already moved into my new "old" one for 6 months now. At least I don't have to pack and all of that. I'm still not UNPACKED but thats another post!!

I did however find out this am that DH won't be with me during surgery tho... He went to NH for his brothers wedding and his job told him if he isn't on the job in the am he's running the risk of losing his job. DD is not equipped mentally to be with me...she stresses to much and would be no help at all. So I'm doing this alone. I know some of this is pre-op jitters but I'm feeling rather sad this morning.

Thanks so much for being there girls....sheesh I'm having more issues with THIS surgery than all the others combined!!! what's up with that??????????

Dawn
Unread 07-12-2005, 09:55 AM
visiting OR room again,

Hey Dawn,

Will your hubby be in town? Is he taking to the hospital and picking you up? Lets take his boss out and kick his butt! I can do it but I have to get back here for my surgery. Heck I would come be with you but I think I would be rushing it a bit. Knowing there is an issue with the heart I know they will be very careful. Did they say what the problems was? Let me know.

I just got off the phone with my drs nurse and was told they don't use the mesh unless the person has cancer and has "bad" ab muscles. I don't think they got they got the question right. I am waiting for another call so I can clarify things. Heck, I don't want the mesh to hold anything up. I want a barrier to stop the formation of scar tissue. I guess I should have made that clear when I called the first time. Any who, I don't think a barrier will be used on me either. I think I will just start planning my surgery for next year around the same time. Miracles do happen so we will see. Maybe my dr will consider it at the last moment since she is the one who said she won't operate anymore. Oh well, keep me posted on the closing and how things are going. I am here if you just want to talk. Good luck and tons of s coming your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 05:18 PM
visiting OR room again,

Dawn, I wish you the best, and I'll be praying for you!! And your not going through this alone, were all here with sista!! Be sure to let us know how everything went as soon as you feel up to it!! Is this an over night stay? Let us know, Take Care Netty
Unread 07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
visiting OR room again,

Hi Dawn
I want to wish you luck on your surgery.
\ I have some input and hope it helps you a little. I had symptoms of adhesions, so my gyn sent me to a surgeon who specializes in adhesion lysis and also does gb and hernia surgeries. My abdoman was hurting so bad along with nausea and upper abdoman pain. He suspected a bad gb so I had a ultrasound. Yes, my gb needed to come out. His plan was to do adhesion lysis, then a month later do gb surgery. He went in lapro and saw alot of scar tissue, but nothing being held down, so he took out my gb.He said this was probably causing my abdominal pain. Well, it is now 10 months later and my abdominal pain is getting worst all the time. I am now seeing a uro/gyn who specializes in pelvic reconstruction. ( I have bladder and bowel issues going on also)He believes I do have adhesions and will most likely need surgery. I don't know if the other surgeon missed something or if the scar tissue has formed adhesions now.
I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but your gut feeling may be right. The gb did not cause all of my abdominal pain.The first surgeon who did my gb surgery was going to use a spray barrier when he was going to lysis the adhesions. I just pray you gb is all of the problem, because you don't need to keep having more pain and surgeries.
I wish you luck tomorrow. I didn't have to have a bowel prep either before my gb surgery.

Peggy
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:31 PM
visiting OR room again,

I had the gall bladder surgery about 3 yrs ago and next to the hysto...was the BEST thing I ever did for myself! For several yrs no one could put a finger on my problem I had weird symptoms..... till I got SO sick I spent 2 days ON the cool concrete basement floor....sicker than a dog!!! Once that bad boy was out...a Friday...by the next Wed. I was mowing grass and felt great. I lost tons of weight and bloat and it was wonderful.

So, as one who has been there with the Green Beast of a gallbladder...get'er out and be done with it! Mine was out patient, I see yours will not be, but in the long haul it will one less problem to deal with later on! I've now lost about all of my " disposable" organs now and life is a whole lot easier. Good luck!
Unread 07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
visiting OR room again,

Hey Dawn,

Good luck tomorrow. Post when you get home. I will meet in the friends forum. We will see if we get busted by Keri. You are in my thoughts and I hope this surgery takes away the pain. Talk at you soon. TONS of s
Unread 07-13-2005, 04:00 AM
visiting OR room again,

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone!!!!

Why is it your never hungry in the morning untill you know you can't have food???!!!???

I'm really missing my coffee this am that's for sure! Yes DH is in town again, will be dropping me off then going to work. I called my Aunt and she will come up to the castle just so someone is there to relay messages if need be. She HATES hospitals...lol....and avoids them at all costs.

I'm off to lay down for 30 min then off I go....I'll post when I get home.

Again thanks for being there girls....who would have thought I'd be so nervous over such a simple surgery???????

Dawn
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:27 AM
visiting OR room again,

Hey Dawn,

Thnking of you today. Hope everything is going well and went well. Post when you are able so we know you are okay. And "simple" surgery. Not, Just know no surgery is simple. Silly girl. Thoughts and prayers and ton's of s coming your way. Chat with you soon!

Sally
Unread 07-13-2005, 02:33 PM
visiting OR room again,

Dawn,

Just read your post, wanted to send you best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Cherri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register