If I can't make my pre-op............ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If I can't make my pre-op............ If I can't make my pre-op............

Unread 07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
If I can't make my pre-op............

Hey ladies! I have a question. My pre-op is scheduled for Monday morning & then my surgery is the following Monday (18th). They are predicting 30 -70mph winds & torrential rain for Monday & my appt is a good 50 minute drive. If I call & don't go if the weather is that bad you don't think they might delay my surgery? It is a week from pre-op to surgery so I hope that they would just let me come another day next week. They are really hard to get a appt. with so that worries me. I wished they had made this weather forecast before the Dr's office closed for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be worried all weekend long.

Pray for all of us in the line of "Dennis the Menace", I sure am!!

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2005, 12:33 PM

My preop was more than a week ahead, but I would think they would let you reschedule if the weather is too nasty. Or, if your preop is in the morning, would going there the night before and staying over be an option? Then you could avoid the worst weather and already be there.

The nurse at my dr's office found out last week that I hadn't scheduled pre-op yet, and mad a big deal about "You've got to get that scheduled right away!" but when I reached the preop people, they acted like it wasn't a big deal that I hadn't done it yet (this was about 12 days out). Try not to worry--I'm sure they will work with you.

P.S. Keeping you in my prayers, and all in the other sisters in the path of Dennis!
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:47 PM

Tammy,
I had my preop Friday (7/8/05) and my surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Monday (7/11/05). I had an interview with the preop nurse to give a medical history, allergies, etc. and had blood drawn. I know from working in docss'offices that the blood work that is ordered does not take that long to perform. There should be someone in preop at the hospital (even on the weekend). Call and ask. I'm sure they understand there might be problems, what with the hurricaine coming in.

Sending good thoughts your way. Hope you stay safe and don't get hit too hard.

Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2005, 12:53 PM
pre-op

I do pre-ops all the time at work. I work at a family practice. If you cant make it on Monday, no big deal. We do pre-ops as little as 3 days before surgery. You can have any doctor do it also, and, they will fax results to your surgeon. They will usually do a chest XR, EKG, and minimal lab work which can come back within 24 hours up to 3days. Just relax and call you doctor on Monday. Also, you shouldn't need an appointment if you get the pre-op done at the hospital.
I hope this helped.

Lori
scheduled July 30!!!!!!!
Unread 07-09-2005, 01:27 PM

I had my pre-op on Monday for surgery on Thursday of the same week.

It seems like you should have enough time to reschedule, as long as they can get you in. You would think under the circumstances that they would work with you.

Good luck!
Unread 07-09-2005, 01:33 PM

My hyster was June 30 at noon, and my pre-op was June 29 at 2 p.m. -- only 22 hours before surgery.
Unread 07-09-2005, 01:51 PM

I had my pre-op bloodwork & exam at my gyn's at 1pm on May 31st, my EKG at the hospital right after that, and surgery at 7 a.m. the very next day on June 1st. (18 hrs before surgery) The pre-op nurses in the hospital had the lab fax the results over right before surgery. Not to worry.. it can be done!

Stay safe in this hurricane!

Shoozie
Unread 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM

I think the doc office is well aware of the weather coming your way... I don't see where they won't reschedual you due to that .... You might want to call now and have that taken care of before the weather hits if they decide it looks like it is definately going to hit your area...

Ces.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register