How are all you 7 weekers (ish) out there?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are all you 7 weekers (ish) out there?? How are all you 7 weekers (ish) out there??

Unread 07-10-2005, 11:39 PM
How are all you 7 weekers (ish) out there??

Hi,
Just wondering about all you 7 weekers out there and want to know how you are doing!?

I am doing pretty darn good I think.
I have got back to running a mile- have to work back up to 4- feel really out of shape, but i did it!
I rode my horse for the first time in many months, almost had a mishap though, he started bucking and bucking, but I managed to stay on with only some bruises to show for it!
Am back to all my other activities like cleaning, lifting (less than 25 pounds til 8 weeks), and weeding etc.....
I have not returned to work yet, didn't get the release til 8 weeks due to the lifting, that is fine by me, I am LOVING this time off, I am dreading going back to work even though my job is ok. This off time has got me spoiled with going on outings with my mom, and catching up on things, staying up late etc. I have not been bored for a minute.
I do have the hot flashes during the day and some night sweats at night, but I can live with it, still haven't decided if I will go on HRT or not. Have to wait at least 6 months due to endo. Insomnia has been a problem, but hope it goes away very soon. I usually sleep so good!(before surgery)
2 days ago I did have a problem with swelling in my belly. I had jumped on one of those big trampolines for quite a while and that night my belly was swollen. First time since week 1. Yes, I am one of the lucky ones not to have the swelly belly, but I may have spoke too soon.
On the down side I am having some tummy troubles. Hurts upper abdomen right after eating, and not sure why yet. Actually this might be one reason for the tummy swelling the other night? Not sure but a friend from here brought that to my attention.
I have not had any mood swings or such, and am really happy with how my recovery has gone.
Don't take advil or anything anymore. Just on high potency mulitvitamin, Iron, and calcium with vit D. Feels weird to get up in the morning and not reach for the pain pill bottle, I great weird!
Still have some twinges and soreness off and on, but nothing really to speak of.
I hope all the rest of you are doing well too and look forward to reading how you are! Good luck to all of you! Take care, Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2005, 11:47 PM

Hi Tiffsue, you had so much done that I expect your abdominal pain after eating is normal and will improve with time. I am so happy to hear that you can run a little at 7 weeks, and ride a horse! That's GREAT! I was running four miles 4 or 5 nights a week prior to surgery. I'm now in week 4. Partly because I have a post-op neuropathy in my foot which makes walking very difficult, I can't imagine running at six weeks, as I had hoped. But even without the numb, nearly useless foot issue, I couldn't imagine running at 6 weeks. But heck, maybe I need to be more optimistic. You're more than ten years younger than I am but I went into surgery pretty fit for my age.

Was there a week in which you had a sudden surge of feeling stronger and more solid in your pelvic region?

Keep up the good recovery!
Unread 07-11-2005, 03:49 AM

Hi Tiffsue, I'll be 7 weeks on Wednesday. Its hard to believie its all over and done with. Ive had absolutely no bleeding since 3 days "before the surgury" woooooohooooooo... Ive been back to work for 2 weeks now "hairdressing" and I really am feeling great!!! Hubby and I went to a bed and breakfast in Vermont for our anniversary this weekend, and things are wonderful in that area as well. I haven't had any of those aweful tummy zapperssssss since week 5 but I do still tend to get easily constipated, which makes the swelly belly a bit worse. I kept both ovaries and woke up with the night sweats one night, but Dr. sais that can happen now, I am 38 and in the early stages of menapause. Hope everyone else is feeling and doing as well as us at this point. Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 11:05 AM

I can't believe there are no more 7 weekers out there! WOW! Maybe you are all back to work......... I am a lucky one, not til Monday.
Rocket, I think I really had a turning point at the 5 week marker and felt alot better then. I had more pain all of a sudden at the 4 week mark and felt kind of crappy then. And the belly pain just started happening after I ate some really buttery popcorn last week. It is slowly getting better......Just have to be careful with what I eat.
Good to hear you are doing great too Cathy! Keep up the good work and thanks for posting!
Ok girls are there really no more of you out there?
Take care everyone. Tiffany
Unread 07-12-2005, 11:19 AM

Hi to all 7 weekers, I saw my doctor yesterday and he told me "YOU CAN HAVE SEX NOW' now but I am scared to death about it! I am feeling pretty good, no mood swings, my hormone therapy is under control. I am having back problems and neck but I guess that is another story. Overall, I am feeling great!

Lord is Good!
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Hi! I was 7 weeks yesterday. I've been doing really well. I started feeling more like myself and not waddeling around about week 4. My husband and I have a business and work together and have been working full time the last 2 weeks.

I only had 1 bad time, which was my 2nd week. I either got some type of stomach virus or reaction to meds, but I was so sick for 2 full days...could not keep a thing down. After I started feeling better all I wanted was a burger, fries and coconut cream pie. And I never crave burgers and fries (coconut cream pie is another story!).

I have not had a migrain since before the surgery - hope that is permanent! I used to get 3-5 a month. I've also noticed that I am sleeping much better than before. For the last 3 years I could not sleep more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. Another plus is not having to find a bathroom everywhere I go, especially the week before my period. I know every bathroom in town. I really noticed the change on Sunday when my friends picked me up to go to our favorite quilt shop. It's about a 45 minute drive and the first thing I'd do when I'd get there is go to the bathroom. Didn't need to! On our way home we stopped at our favorite coffee shop and visited for over an hour before we left. I was the only one that didn't go to the restroom before we started for home. I know this sounds kind of strange, but makes sense because of a large fibroid that was pressing on my bladder.

Had my 6 week follow up last Thursday. Doc said everything looked find and could resume normal activities. I'm thinking about joining Curves. My energy level isn't what I'd like it to be, but I think if I start exercising it will help.

Best of luck to everyone!

I don't regret having this surgery at all. This site, feeling confident in my doctor and hospital has made this experience a very positive one.
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:41 PM

I will be 7 wks on Thursday. I started working out this morning and it was great. I just started b/c I didn't before and decided I am ready to get toned up.

Any way I feel good. I keep thinking wow so this is what it is like to be able to go and do when you want to like you want to instead of thinking oh no not now I'm in too much pain. Or thinking I can't get far from the bathroom, I'll need to make a change.

We can't have sex yet. My Dr. wanted us to wait two more wks. I am anxious and scared. He warned us even then it would be touch and go. I hope it will finally be sex with out pain when all is said and done. I didn't even realize how long I had been having painful sex until right before the surgery when I went to tell some one I haven't had painless sex in then it dawned on me since my son was born 6 1/2 yrs ago. I've had better and worse but not pain free.

I am glad to see you all are doing good too. Lets keep the trend going
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:03 PM

I am a 7 weeker also. I am doing great! I am amazed at how good I feel, of course I still have some bad days. I just went back to work last week and am enjoying that too. DH and I have had sex twice, first time was pretty good, second time was awful but I am still hopeful.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well also.
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:03 AM

Tiffsue,

I am hitting the 8 week mark today and feel better than I have felt in years!! My swelly belly is finally disappearing on me which is icing on the cake!!! I too am enjoying my time off from work. I go back on Monday and physically I am more than ready. I have gotten such a great exercise routine going being home with time, I think I am healthier than I have been in a long time!! Lots of fast paced walking with intermittent jogging--now up to 4 miles. I have caught up with alot of old friends, written letters etc... As a matter of fact, being out this long has made me realize how stressful my job is and how nice it is to be relaxed--I am actually considering seeing if I can drop my hours permanently. Life is just to short I am really starting to realize!!
Life with my DH is also good-we were able to resume our sex life while away on vacation and everything is back to normal if not better in that department. I think others have stated it too but week 5-7 were really turning points---One day I just woke up and realized wow, I am back to normal again!!!
I feel fortunate to have such a great recovery and have no regrets on the surgery at all!!
Good luck to everyone else.
Stormy
TAH 5/18
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:04 AM

Why is it awful the second time, Did it hurt?
I am so nervous about it, I get enough moisture down there but I still afraid it may hurt!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register