Would surgery to remove adhesions be beneficial? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would surgery to remove adhesions be beneficial? Would surgery to remove adhesions be beneficial?

Unread 07-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Would surgery to remove adhesions be beneficial?

Hi sisters!
I have a kind of general question for you. I had my hyst Nov. of 2004. I'm doing o.k., going to see a new doctor this Friday. Just wanted to run something by you before I go see him, as I'm wondering whether to bring this up or not. I am having pain, and granted it could be coming from a lot of sources, I have a very strong feeling that, due to my "hyst"ory, it's adhesions. My question is, is it beneficial to have a lap/look around to see if that's the case, and if so remove them? I also would like to know if my cancer could have returned and that's what's going on.....I don't think so, because I have no uterus, ovaries, tubes, ligaments, cervix, appendix, or nerves in my abdomen. So I really think it's adhesions. I know this is something that I need to talk to my new doc about, and I will, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else, and did it help, or just cause more adhesions? If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Christina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 10:50 AM
a little more info

I realized after I reread my post that I left out some info. I'm having extreme swelling in my stomach and abdomen (which I thought was fluid, but who knows)--not sure if this could have anything to do w/adhesions. Just thought I'd add that!
Unread 07-11-2005, 10:54 AM

I wish you luck with your appt. I too have pain, mine is on the left side and also have terrible bowel issues and stomach swelling, i have put on about 20 pounds since my hyst initially and feel most of it is all in my swollen stomach and abdomen. I know i need to go to the doc but am so afraid of what they will say, i did not have cancer but i had endo everywhere both of my last surgeries along with a mess of adhesions....

so sorry you are dealing with this!!!!!

jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 11:48 AM

Christina,
I honestly do not think anyone can answer that question but you and your doctor. The reason I say this is because it really depends on the person and their health. For me, it was worth it because I wanted an answer as to what it truely was causing me so much pain (because no test will show adhesions). Now that I know, in the future if I get adhesions or get the adhesions pain back, I will hold off on surgery for awhile, at least as long as I can. I wish I could give you a definite answer for your question. I understand what you are going through, as I am still in recovery for my adhesions removal. I wish you pain free days and please keep us posted on your progress and decision.

Keri
Unread 07-11-2005, 12:11 PM

Christina,

I agree with Keri. For me I have put up with the pain long enough and have had one surgery already to remove them, my next one is thursday. QUESTION your new dr. He will hopefully tell you what you want to know and give you some insight as to what is going on. Good Luck. I will be thinking about ya.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register