Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Adenomyosis

I am nervous. Has anyone been told they have andeno (sp?) and had there uterus taken ou t and woke up after surgery and found out that they had taken out more? I been having a lot of pain especially on my left ovary and low back pain. This has been worse the last several months. Is this a normal feeling of the unknown? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Adenomyosis

I had my TAH because of Adeno, Fibroids, Abdominal pain and heavy bleeding. The surgery was supposed to take two hours and it took six. When I got the reports back they said there wasn't any adeno but I did have large fibroids, a very thick uterine wall (no cancer), adhesions and my bladder had become attached to the cervix which is why the surgery took so long. I will not miss the heavy periods or the pain. They left the ovaries.

Try to relax. Every doctor is different but mine said she was going to take a good look at everything. If she felt there was a reason to take the ovaries she would but I had no problems with the ovaries so she left them. We decided ahead of time to take the cervix because of a history of positive pap smears. she discussed this with me for quite some time to make sure I understood my choices and we decided together what was best for me. Talk to your doctor about all concerns. My doctor was quite happy with my questions. I came on here daily and read posts and made a list of questions that were brought up. I had a better understanding of everything because of this board and the questions I decided to ask.
Unread 07-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Adenomyosis

Hi Atorretti,

The thing is, they really don't know for sure what is in there until they physically see it. I went in thinking that I just had huge fibroids, but when they visually inspected, it was obvious that it was severe adeno (comfirmed by pathology report) along with the fibroids.
My ovaries, which were otherwise healthy, were adhered to my uterus by adhesions from c-sections and had to also be removed.

If I were you, I would discuss your concerns with your Dr so that you can be assured that everything will be done to save your ovaries if they are healthy. If you aren't sure you can trust your Dr then you can always find one that you can trust. But from my personal experience, the tests are just not as revealing as eyesight.

Because I trusted my Dr, when I woke up and she explained what she had to do, I was knew there was no other choice.

s,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Adenomyosis

I was diagnoised with Adenomyosis and a partial prolapsed uterus, when I went in for my sugery it was for TVH kept the ovaries. In recovery they told me that I had a Bladder sling and some rectal surgery where the 3 meet. I get pains where the ovaries are and went in for my 6 week check yesterday. Doctor told me that is it probably my ovaries adjusting to the hyster. They do so much in there that your banged around pretty good. I also have lower back pain. Mine is caused from the surgery. I was in there for 3 hours and they had to move me around alot to do the different things. She told me we are alot more limber when we are sleeping..lol.. Your not just laying there with your legs in the stirups. They bend you. I got the impression I became a unconsious human pretzel... I was released for exercising and am taking advatage of it to work the kinks out of my back. Its going to take time for you to heal. I was told to give myself a good year to heal. Ask your doctor about it and tell him/her whats going on. This site has been so educational for me. Im glad I found a sisterhood of peple that understand what I may be experiencing.
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Adenomyosis

I was told I had adenomyosis but that it could not be confirmed without seeing it. I was so ready to remove my uterus due to pain.. pain... pain and bleeding all month that I really didn't care what the cause was... the result was the same...pain and bleeding. After my hysterectomy, they determined that I had multiple fibroids within the muscle wall, adhesions and endometriosis. I am much better now in many ways... the 'centered" pain is gone and yahoo... no more periods.

I, like you, was nervous about what they would actually take out... I especially wanted to keep my ovaries because I didn't want to go through menopause just yet. I get cysts on my ovaries, but at the time they went in, all cysts had resolved so they left the ovaries.

I think the worse part of this whole thing was the anticipation of it all. If you trust your dr. and have a good relationship, rely on him/her to do the best thing for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register