Books and Movies to enjoy again &again - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Books and Movies to enjoy again &again Books and Movies to enjoy again &again

Unread 07-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Books and Movies to enjoy again &again

One of my favourite films is "Officer and a Gentleman" - I love Richard Gere in it. Another one is "Pretty Woman" - Richard Gere again.

Books I can re-read are P D James with Adam Dagleish and Patricia Cornwell with Kay Scarpetta. I have just read "Trace". I have also read the Harry Potter books and seen the films. The really good thing about the film is the fact that the characters are exactly as described in the books. I hate it when they make a film from a book and don't get the characters right. The authors must literally turn in their graves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Harry - the back cover! - Lookee here!

http://www.wizardnews.com/story.20050714.html

12 hours and 10 minutes now!
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:28 AM

I love to watch To Kill a Mockingbird every chance I get. Dr. Zhivago is another favorite but to have a serious laugh over stupidity a movie called It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is loaded with lots of great comedic actors / actresses . And of course, anything starring Johnny Depp is great. I read continually and any Stephen King book ranks high. But again, all time faves are To Kill a Mockingbird and Wuthering Heights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 08:22 AM

I will also be at the midnight party getting my Harry Potter book tonight..Can't wait.

Other favorites are Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King and To Kill a Mockingbird and Little Women.
Favorite movie of all time is Grease watch it whenever it's on TV, think I've worn out my dvd...lol.
Unread 07-24-2005, 05:51 AM

I just watched A Walk to Remember - and cried!! IT is a GREAT GREAT movie - wonderful story - I won't spoil it... great acting... I am going to buy it for my children for Christmas - it should be manditory for ALL teenagers to watch as far as I am concerned... although it is PG - it really is G rated... only the word sh*t is in there and 1 da**it that I can recall...

On a 5 star rating - I would give this 6....

Shauna
Unread 07-24-2005, 08:22 AM

My favorite books that I do read over and over again are Harry Potter as well as the left behind series (great combo huh).

I SO wanted to go tot he midnigh madness parties are Books A million when Book 6 acme out, but just did not feel up to it, so I missed it. I did go the next day and buy the book though. It did take me a week to read it, but I did nto have a whole lot of free time. I finished Sat morning at 2:00 am...lol
I am not sure when Book 7 will be realease and wonder what the name will be. I read she has already written the Final Chapter, but will not actually start on the book until the years end. She wants some time to spend with her daughter.

For movies that I enjoying watcing are You've Got Mail, The Bridges of Madison County, Twister and I have many more.
Unread 07-24-2005, 07:12 PM

I don't re-read many books although I do have a large collection of hard backs and paperbacks. I have favorite authors however such as James Paterson, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Nicholas Sparks and Lillian Jackson Braun. I also have a large collection of movies. My favorites are Sleepless in Seattle, You've got Mail, the Back to the Future trilogy and My absolute favorite is Silverado. I like it becuase there are so many different plots in addition to the main plot. Jeannie
Unread 08-04-2005, 04:35 AM

Gone With The Wind, True Grit, and To Kill a Mockingbird are the only books I've read over and over. But movies I could see again and again is a long list: Steel Magnolias, Giant, Gone With The Wind, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, (I'm in love with Mathew McConahey,) Cutting Edge, City Of Angels, Message In A Bottle, (hate the endings of the last two,) Practical Magic, Mermaids, Places In The Heart, Murphy's Romance, Somersby (also hate the ending,) Pretty Woman, Moth Man Prophecies, Tequilla Sunrise (for the hunk factor, Mel Gibson and Kurt Russell, who cares if it even has a plot) The Man Without A Face, Pay It Forward (hated Ending)The Life And Times Of David Gale, American Beauty, Erin Brockovitch, Rain Man, The Scent Of A Woman, Awakenings, The Fisher King, Secondhand Lions, The Rain Maker, Somewhere In Time, The Onion Field, Platoon, Mississippi Burning, Finding Nemo, (yes finding nemo) 2000 Miles To Graceland, Bridges Of Madison County, and probably hundreds more that I can't think of, my current favorite is Finding Neverland. (I'm in love with Johnny Depp too).
Unread 08-04-2005, 05:06 AM

Best movies I enjoy watching again and again:
Steel Magnolias
Fried Green Tomatoes
Unread 08-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Movies I enjoy watching again and again and again are:
To Kill a Mockingbird
Gone With the Wind
A Few Good Men

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register