Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues

Unread 07-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues

Well, I just got back from my doctors office. I've been having increasingly worse pain in my LLQ for the last couple of months despite my pain meds. So now we are going to do surgery again, next Thursday, the 21st. I have been trying to tell them for the last 6 weeks that something is wrong, but I couldn't get anybody to listen to me - she did the exam today and I literally let out a scream and started to cry. She agreed something was wrong. So I went from being a patient that she did not want to do any more surgeries on to a patient that she wants to do surgery on in a week. She thinks my adhesions have started to cause problems with my bowel, which is what is causing my LLQ pain, and then who knows whats causing the rest. So we are going in for #7.

My DH is not being so "D"!!! He says he doesn't understand why I'm upset, I should be thrilled that they are going to fix it. I told him they were supposed to fix it three years ago with my Hyst. He says I'm not making any sense. GRRRR. I've only tried to explain this to him a hundred times. I told him I needed his support, not him aggrivating me. He says that he's not worried about it, and I don't have anything to worry about either. I've done this enough times, that I have no reason to be anxious or worried about it. (Silly me.)

So anyway..........I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening!

BTW - she did say she would try to get me a referral to that clinic in Florida when it opens!!!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 12:08 PM

i am so sorry you have to have another op!!!!!

could we compare notes, i read your survey and see that you too had endo, i did as well and on the day you have your surgery i go for a CT Scan to look for some type of intestinal blockage. Depending on how that goes, might have to also endure at a later date a colonoscopy to find out what is causing my lower left quadrant pain, bloated stomach and other issues that i am having. I have had 6 surgeries so far since my dd was born in 1990 and really don't want another.

i also have some other issues going on that might be thyroid related and had blood work done for all that today. i left feeling I picked a decent doctor this time and now its wait for the results..........

hugs to you, i hate it for anyone who has to deal with endo on top of this surgery that does't fix our problems!!!!!!!

hugs to your Cortney, maybe soon you will once and for all be off this road!

jody
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:51 PM

Hi Jody,

I'm sorry you are having problems too!!! Actually I'm lucky enough that I haven't had to deal with Endo - I went back to double check my profile/survey to be sure I hadn't marked it on accident....but that is something that I've not had much problems with. During one of my surgeries they found some Endo in a few places, but it has never been a major issue for me. My problem is almost solely Adhesions and Cysts. Everything gets stuck together........and then cysts start forming. :hair: We talked about doing a colonscopy to see if that was would tell us anything, but my doc decided that most likely it would show us anything more than what we already knew.

I sure hope you are able to get some answers!!!

Take care.....sending you lots of gentle s
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM

I know that battle of adhesions and cysts, both times they went in I was covered with them and my organs were all stuck together or to places they shouldn't have been!!!!! I just hope that I don't wind up having #7 like you!!! My body has said enough is enough!!!!! I guess we will see.

Keep us posted on how things go, I am assuming they are doing a lap or are they cutting you open? I have problems with my bowels like I did before but now its gotten to where within minutes of eating the slightest bit my stomach swells like I am pregnant!!!! If I were pregnant at least I would know eventually it would go away!!!

I wish you lots of luck and prayers that this one gets you off this road and lots of gentle hugs back at ya! Let us know how you make out ok!!!!

jody
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:59 PM

Hi again Courtney!

Well it looks like we will be having surgery on the same day, I am going in for another lap to see what is causing all of my pain!! Yeah! just what I wanted to to for the third time. I know exactly how you feel with the no support by your DH, I think he is just tired of me complaining about all my pain, considering I have been going through all of this for about 4 yrs now!! I hope all goes well with you. let us know how you are doing after your surgery, I'll be thinking of you.

Mel
Unread 07-13-2005, 01:02 PM

Mel and Cortney,

I think they get defensive when its a problem they can't fix! I know my SO was tired of hearing me complain, we have been together 5 years and I have had 3 surgeries in that time, two of them major ones! When he found out how sick and serious the issue was, he changed his tune! Hopefully for both of you your DH's will do the same!!!

Hugs to you both!!!

jody
Unread 07-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Mel,
I'll be thinking of you, too! I sure hope all goes well for us both! Hopefully this will be the last one for us both! Please let me know how you do!!!

Jody,
Yes, the plan is to do it laproscopically. I can't imagine having to do an abdominal.......oh boy, the adhesions would have a hay-day!!! So hopefully all goes well and we can do it this way. I sure hope you don't have to have #7 either!!! Right now, I'm not feeling like it's such a lucky number!!! I read an article the other day and the poor lady had had 14 surgeries for cysts and adhesions! I thought, my goodness! Is this what I have to look forward to?!?!?

Thank you both for the kind words! I'm feeling a lot better than I was earlier today....calming down a bit! Now when I get home and deal with DH might be a different story!!! LOL (JUST KIDDING!) He can't help it - he's a man.

Take care...
Cortney
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Men, aren't they just peachy??

Hi to Courtney and Mel,
Well, after reading your posts about the men in your lives, I often wonder what kind of surgeries they have been through???? So often, from what I have been reading, I don't see any mention of how they have to deal with their own pain. ????? Yes, I realize that a lot of them do not go in to the doctor because that is just the way they are, but, I also think that a person should just not say anything at all, if they know not whereof they speak...... I just wanted to say I will pray for all of my sisters who are in pain and also who are going into surgery or possible surgery. Best wishes to all. Reeni
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:09 PM

Hi friends
I read your postings and am here to wish all of you luck with your surgeries.
I have a question maybe you can answer. I had adhesions holding my bladder and uterus together when opened for my TAH a year ago. I also had cysts on my ovaries which were cut off. I know I still have cysts that rupture, because of fluid in abdoman found by ultrasound last Aug. I continue to have lower abdominal pain and I am 14 months post op. My abdoman gurgles and thumps and hurts quite often.(mostly on the left side where my adhesions were. I had a lapro in Sept, but had no adhesions, just lots of scar tissue. If I have had more cysts that rupture can they make adhesions form? I am presently seeing a uro/gyn who specializes in pelvic floor reconstruction. I have some sort of bladder problem going on. I had urodynamic testing, and am now scheduled for a cystoscopy in a few weeks. I am also under the care of a colon rectal surgeon. I have terrible bm issues going on. I am on a waiting list to get a defecgraphy done. I had a rectocele and enterocele repaired in Jan. Do you think the abdominal pain and pinchy feelings possibly be adhesions? Do cysts have anything to do with getting adhesions?
I am sorry to be so long. I just need some info and thought maybe you ladies could help me. I am having a ovary ultrasound Friday, but don't think it would shoe adhesions.
' Thanks and once again I will all of you much luck with your surgeries.
Peggy
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:35 PM
For Peggy

Hi Peggy,
I read your post, but I do not have any help for you except to send you and to let you know that I am sure that one of our sisters will soon be able to give you some advice , if they are not already starting a post as we speak. I wish you much luck in your quest for answers and will pray for you , also. Hugs to you , Reeni

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register