Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues

Unread 07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Round and round we go.....the Carousel ride continues

Peggy,
Sorry to hear you are still having problems!!! I had hoped that you were doing better! The only thing that I know for sure about cysts and adhesions is the way my body creates them...but my doc says I'm an unusual person! My adhesions grow and grow.......and then cysts form on the adhesions. I also had PCOS, and everytime I would have an cyst rupture (This is how it was explained to me) some microscopic tissue would then be transferred to another area in my pelvis. If that tissue continued to "thrive", then I will get cysts from it too, because my ovarian tissue was predisposed to getting cysts. Clear as Mud??? lol

So, IMO it is completely possible that the pain you are having is at least in some way associated with Adhesions. I think that once you get them, there is a good chance you will get them again. The toss up will be whether or not they are going to be bothersome. (The novelty here is that some people actually get them and that they don't bother them. So I want to know what lottery they won!??! )

I hope you get some answers and are feeling better soon! Thank you for the warm wishes!

Reeni - Just a comment about my DH and your post - he had to go to the ER a few months back because he had Epididymitis (bacterial) - if you aren't familiar with this condition - it is an inflammation of the cords around the testicles. I knew he was in pain because he willingly went to the ER. While there when they started his IV he cried. I don't mean teared up...he CRIED. And then they had to do a internal penal swab to try to identify the bug that was causing the inflammation. I thought we were going to have to scrape him off the ceiling....and he cried again. He walked around for days afterward acting like he had been through open heart surgery Normally I would not find any humor at all in my DH pain. This particular experience struck a cord with me because I have heard many times over the course of the last 5 years how I should feel, and how it "couldn't be all that bad", etc. It was a little poetic justice!!! And his only lasted for a few days. Just a taste of what we have been going through for years. Not that it helped his attitude at all, but it sure made me feel better! (How awful is that!!!!????????)

Gotta go........I'm giggling now!
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 09:10 AM

Peggy, I have a bad history with adhesions myself, not as bas as some others here, but it is very possible that is what you are dealing with, I had endometrioma cysts on my ovaries and when they ruptured not only was it very painful but it was explained to me that it did help create the mess of scar tissue adhesions and endo adhesions I had....

my heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with adhesions!!!!!!and difficult DH or SO!!!!!

jody
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:37 PM

Peggy,

I am intrigued by your comment that during one surgery, you had no adhesions, just lots of scar tissue. I thought adhesions WERE scar tissue?? Is there a difference, or does adhesions imply that something is "stuck together" that shouldn't be??

So sorry to read of your continued problems. I pray for a resolution for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM

Bonniebess' My sister was a scrub nurse for years and the way she explained adhesions was they look like cob webs inside you! Scar tissue(and this is just a guess on my part) maybe is thicker and tougher? Maybe this will help? Netty
Unread 07-14-2005, 08:31 PM

I thought adhesions are when two things are stuck together by scar tissue. The surgeon who did my surgery explained it to me like that. He said I had lots of scar tissue and by looking at it wondered if I had had endo. I didn't, but did have adeno, but that stays inside of the uterus. He didn't do anything to break up my scar tissue. He said I may just have to live with the pain. I have no desire to. The other night I felt a deep down ripping, pulling sensation on the left side of my incision over to my pelvic bone. I believe it is adhesions. I am not sure what or if anything can be done.
My gyn always tells me that scar tissue and adhesions are the same thing. Who knows!

Peggy
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:17 AM

If you open up a pumpkin and look inside - all the little strings that are running everywhere - attached to every thing.........that's what adhesions look like. And they can wrap themselves around things (ovaries if you still have them) and can adhere things to each other. They are like glue! When I still had my ovaries, at one time, my adhesions had my left ovary pulled back behind my uterus and adhered between my uterus and my bowel. They just take over and reak havic in my pelvis!!! I'm guessing that the scar tissue is a little different. I've never heard of scar tissue growing and taking over things...but I could be wrong!!!

Peggy, I sure hope you find some answers soon! I'm thinking of you, and sending you lots of gentle s!!!

Cortney
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:19 AM

i had adhesions do the same thing to me, my organs were stuck together, stuck to the pelvic wall and when my left ovary was taken out, the adhesions had caused it to twist up and had it stuck to the pelvic wall, had adhesions and endo all over my bowels (which might be what I have going on now again) and the outer part of my bladder.

They are a terrible thing to endure, I think as bad as endo!!!!!!
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:30 AM

Jody,
Yep, that's what they think is going on right now with me too. My doc thinks the adhesions have started causing problems with my colon...that a section of it is now attached to my pelvic wall. And that is what is causing some of my pain. She thinks I might have some involvement with my bladder now too. :hair: Guess we'll know for sure in a few days!!! lol

Hope you get some answers soon, too!

C
Unread 07-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Note to Cortney

****Omg***** The surgery your DH had seems painful . and I will apologize for what I said. But I still have to say that I cannot blame you , and you are not awful for feeling even just a little justified. Your DH will probably not understand your pain, but, now you have our sisters to help you through , as I can see how many are suffering just as you are. Your attitude and humour will get you through . I will be thinking of you and mention you in my prayers. I don't know if "anyone up there likes me" because I am not a regular member of a church. So, if HE is listening , we will see!!!! Maybe he will help my you and our sisters. Love to you from Reeni (Sorry , I see that I forgot to address this to you Cortney in the beginning of my post>)
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:41 PM

Reeni,
No reason to apologize! He didn't have surgery - just some tests. I was poking fun at him! So don't feel bad at all!!!

Thanks for the prayers! I can use all that I can get! I'm starting to get a little anxious. I don't know why, I've been down this road few times, but this time just seems a little different. I'm certainly grateful that I have the love and support of my Sisters! This is the first time I've had you all during one of my surgeries....and it just means the world to me. For once I'm not going into this "alone"!

Take care!
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register