Does anyone have brain fog ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone have brain fog ?? Does anyone have brain fog ??

Unread 03-20-2001, 03:40 PM
Does anyone have brain fog ??

I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and I have been experiencing what my sisters call "brain fog". When I am driving, I forget where I am going. The other day, while driving my kids to school, I passed the school without stopping to let the kids out.

Today, I was going to the hairdresser, and I drove right past the salon, never realizing it until I was 3 blocks away. I have been going there for years.

Today, while standing in my kitchen, for a second I couldn't remember which cabinet my dishes were in.

I am started to get worried. Has this happened to any of you. Thank you for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2001, 05:07 PM
Previous message...

My previous message should have been posted to Post-op. Do any of you ladies know how to move it ? Thanks
Unread 03-20-2001, 05:15 PM

Copy the post then go to post op and paste it to your new post. If you haven't done copy and paste before let me know and I'll tell you!

I have had the big brain fog. I first learned I couldn't spell, then I couldn't remember what I had done or not..., it is a day to day process. Some days are better than others. I need to write notes and check them off but as I said I am having a major hard time spelling. I am a college grad so I really did know how at some point in time.

I have to ask my DH all the time - about everything. Thank goodness one of us has a mind.

I know it will get better, but IF ir doesn't I am still happy I had surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2001, 05:21 PM
Queena

Thanks for your reply. What is the brain fog from? Is it from the lack of hormones? I hope it gets better. I never experienced this before.

I noticed you had your surgery the day after me. I hope you are doing well.

Rose
Unread 03-20-2001, 07:21 PM
FOG

Hey Christina! The fog got you, eh? Check out the thread on post op re: brain fog....we had quite a response. Many of us have it....could be the anesthesia, the pain meds, the HRT....all of the above....Look for the thread and I think you'll feel much better. Confusion loves company!

Karen
Unread 03-21-2001, 09:07 PM

I ditto the brain fog thing!! I'm not sure why it happens either! I can't seem to spell anymore (yeah for the spell checker that was added!), but the worst is when I'm talking on the phone and I am always forgetting what I was talking about! I'm only 32 I can't be losing my mind yet! It's got to only get better for us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register