Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Holy smokes!!  the gas is incredible!! Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!!

Unread 07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!!

Dawn, I can't even imagine TRAPPED GAS!!! That must be painful! You see I have a reputation.... exspecialy since my surgerys, all 5'2", 113lbs of me.... lets just say it's a really goooood thing I work alone and drive a really LOUD TRUCK!!!LOL! I've even been caught a few times! NOW THATS EMBARRISING!!!LOL My boys really love it!!NOT!! Anyway, I hope you bounce back quickly! Take care Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 07:48 PM

Ya'll are funny!!!

Thanks for the laughs...I'm starting to release finally but boy my tummy is TIGHT.

I'm getting all sorts of wierd twinges and man..they hurt never had pains in my belly button before...don't think I like it at all.

Love to all of you for your posts

Dawn
Unread 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM

(((Dawn))), the "M" medication Kim is referring to is Mylicon, similar to Gas-X. It is pretty effective and worth a try!

What happens with a lap is that they blow your belly up with CO2 to visualize things better; if your doctor didn't do a really thorough job of getting rid of it before removing the scope, that's what causes all the problems. It's not totally an intestinal thing, which is why it takes so much longer than regular gas to feel better. But it will absorb soon! Lying flat is a great idea, as it keeps the gas from rising and irritating the nerve that leads to your shoulder. And, of course, ing always helps, as you can.

I sure hope this gall bladder surgery solves many of your problems and that you're feeling better SOON!

Big s -- and sorry I've not been in touch sooner (long story, but I'm not on-site very much these days...).

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Hello there
I had my gallbladder out in May. It wasn't to bad the gas is what you are feeling and it is awful. I used phasyme and walked alot and it did help. As far as healing time listen to your body it will let you know what it is ready to do or not ready. I wouldn't try to lift anything or bend to much. DO NOT PUSH A VACCUM., or a mop that hurts.
I felt like crap for the first week then slowly it got better. Within a month I was back to my ol self. But don't push yourself, it takes everyone different lengths to heal. But listen to your baky it will let you now.
I hopw that help. If you need to talk PM me.'

Take care
Jen
Unread 07-16-2005, 05:34 AM

Thnks you so much ladies for the insight!! I have had no idea what a lap was really as I had never had one before. This really is different than an Abdomninal and I would not have thought so from what I have been told.

Jen..thanks for the insight on healing time, I needed to know that, as my family has the idea ALREADY, Two days post that I'm fine and should be up and cleaning. Sheesh, One day they will get a clue.

(((((Audrey))))))) I look for you from time to time to see how you are doing dear and miss your posts! Thank you for explaining to me some of the process. I had no Idea. I knew they "fill you with air" but didn't really have a clue as to what a "lap" was. I still haven't figured out which hole everything came out of!!! I'm amazed at the difference in surgery...My tummy is going thru things I didn't think possible!! hee hee I'm glad to see you still here from time to time to check on us...please let us know how you are doing sweetie!

Dawn
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Hi Dawn
I hope you feel better soon. I had my GB out last Sept. It was my first and only lap. The worst part for me was the pulling sensation around the naval incision. It took a couple weeks before that sensation went away. As far as feeling nauseous and the other symptoms from the sick Gb it went away almost immediately. I never experienced the gas symptoms. I could have gone back to work sooner, but I stayed off for about three weeks. I wanted to make sure I was healed, since I have a physical job.
I hope your symptoms were taken care of. I still had constipation (bowel issues) going on and found out I had a rectocele and enterocele a month later. Too bad it wasn't found sooner, so that everything could have been fixed at once.Good luck with the colon dr. appt. I am seeing a colon dr too for more bowel issues. I am awaiting a defecogram test again as I may have another prolapse.
I hope you feel better and better as each day passes.
Peggy
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:00 AM

Talk about belly button pulling... I sometimes feel like he sewed things up way to tight inside!!! And I've noticed for someone who isn't supposed to have stitches...well...there is this thread hanging out of one site that is itching and driving me crazy under my steri-strips....where did this thread come from????????

Still doing the Genealogy thing and loving being able to spend the time on it...now to start putting my binders with my information together!!

Dawn
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Reguarding stitch

Hi Dawn, It sounds like your spirits are up a little bit! About the stitch, what ever you don don't pull it! It could be a "running stitch"? I think the what they call it when they stitch in the inside? It's one long continouse(sp) stitch. Anyway I had one of those and yes they itch like crazy as it heals! How far back have you gotten in the geneology? Glad your keeping busy! Take care Netty
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolgrl
Talk about belly button pulling... I sometimes feel like he sewed things up way to tight inside!!! And I've noticed for someone who isn't supposed to have stitches...well...there is this thread hanging out of one site that is itching and driving me crazy under my steri-strips....where did this thread come from????????

Dawn
I had that after my hyst and my doc let me dash into my family doc's office and have him carefully and very medically clip the thread. Instant relief!
Unread 07-19-2005, 05:32 PM

I pulled the steri strip off the thread... that helped. whew....it was driving me crazy!!!

I went to our "local hangout" today and that was nice...i got a card signed from everyone to wish me well. Everyone picked on me today.

I do have a question....why are my ankles and feet swelling to such large proportions??? the EKG showed I had some heart problems could this be causing this? I can't wear anything but flip flops and even these show tightness???

and In several families I've gottem as far as 1730....anyone want help? I love Genealogy!!!!

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register