Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Holy smokes!!  the gas is incredible!! Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!!

Unread 07-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Holy smokes!! the gas is incredible!!

Dawn, Did you call the Doctor about the swelling? That don't sound too good to me! Did they say this could be a side effect? You better check with someone! If anything call the E.R. and ask them! You better take care of yourself girl!! Reguarding the geneology someone in our family did one on my mothers side, it also goes back to the 1700's some of the names were hysterical! Anyway call someone would ya! Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 11:37 PM

((((Dawn)))), I don't know what sort of heart problem you had. If it's an arrhythmia or palpitations, that would not cause swelling. However, if some of the circulation in your legs is blocked for some reason, or the lymphatics are damaged, that could be what is the problem. Either way, you do need to have that looked at, perhaps by your internist, and preferably soon!

Life has been a bit crazy for me, but I keep on keeping on, knowwhatImean??

Audrey
Unread 07-20-2005, 12:41 AM

I'm going to call the doc in the am....My feet and ankles are huge I've been propping them up and drinking water only all eveing but it's not helping. I have all of a sudden developed a huge thirst.

Audrey...they didn't tell me exactley what the EKG showed, only that my heart was "skipping" and I needed to talk to my doc about it. The last time I had a CT scan they told me I had "arterosclorosis" (sp) extrememly advanced for a woman my age. Doc has had me on asprin therapy for about 1 yr now. My family has tons of heart problems so it's another thing I'm going to have to start researching. I don't have an internest yet....I don't even know what they do!!! lol

Could a bowel obstruction be causing some of this girls? Remember, before this surgery I was having issues in that area...who knows. I'll call the doc and see what they think in the am.

huge

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2005, 08:30 AM

"Skipping" beats is very common and can just be "normal" -- for you. However, if a cardiac CT shows lots of calcifications, you should have a stress study, such as a stress echo, to make sure that it's not significantly narrowing your arteries.

Your "regular" doctor, or general practice doctor, should be able to get you to see an internist or better yet, cardiologist, just to work up the rhythm stuff and check on those ankles. Bowel obstruction would not cause those symptoms, but blood clots can, so I'm glad you're going in. Blood clots are highly unlikely in your situation, but any swelling like that definitely needs investigation!

Big s -- I'm off to work or I'd write more...

Audrey
Unread 07-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Reguarding Doctor

Dawn, Did you call the Doc! Let us know what you find out! Don't put this off! Netty
Unread 07-21-2005, 07:19 PM

What did the doctor say, Dawn? You have to take care of yourself, girlfriend...
Unread 07-22-2005, 08:07 PM

Won't see the doc till Tues....Still swelling pretty bad, tummy still very sore inside, Can't sleep laying down and started barfing again today...

not a good day
Unread 07-23-2005, 03:52 AM
Reguarding swelling

Dawn, Listen, you need to take care of yourself! Never mind waiting until tuesday,you need to get to the ER or something. The symptoms you haveing are serious, and you need to get them checked out! Did you even call the Doctor? It seems to me that he would have wanted to see you ASAP given these symtoms! I'm worried about you girl! Let us know. Netty
Unread 07-23-2005, 04:16 PM

I'm sorry you are still going through this. Did your doctor put you on any type of restricted diet? Mine recommended a very bland diet for a couple of weeks after my gb surgery. If I recall, I was very nauseated for a few weeks after my surgery. My doctor said that some people needed to go very bland for awhile, while others did not. Of course, I was one of those who could not eat anything for awhile--it would make me sick. You might want to call your doctor this evening...or the ER and see if this is something that should be checked out.

I really hope you feel better soon...And, the first time you eat fried food...be really, really close to the potty!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register