any 4-5 weekers out there | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any 4-5 weekers out there any 4-5 weekers out there

Unread 07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
any 4-5 weekers out there

HI EVERYONE,

ARE ANY OF YOU 4-5 WEEKS AFTER YOUR SUGERY? IF SO HOW ARE YOU DOING? WHATS YOUR MAJOR COMPLAINT? I AM 4 WEEKS AND 1 DAY.. I AM DOING VERY WELL.. I GO TO THE DRS. ON TUES FOR MY 4 WK CHECK UP .. WILL IT HURT? I STILL GET TIRED BY THE AFTERNOON..MY LOWER BACK IS KILLING ME ..I HAVE STARTED VACUUMING AND CLEANING BUT I AM VERY CAREFUL..I AM NOT LIFTING MUCH OVER 5 LBS.. MY BELLY FEELS TIGHT AND WEIRD BUT OK. I STILL SPOT A LITTLE I NOTICE THE MORE I DO THE MORE I SPOT..I HAVE BEEN TO THE BEACH BUT NOT FULLY IN THE WATER UNTIL I AM RELEASED TO DO SO.I GET CRANKY AND WEEPY STILL BUT NOT AS MUCH AS BEFORE..I AM A CAT SCAN TECH AND I HOPE TO GET 10 WKS..I WORK ALONE AT NIGHT AND HAVE TO PUSH THE STRECHERS DOWN A LONG HALLWAY. I ALSO WIND UP MOVING PTS. ALONE ONTO THE CT TABLE. MOST PT SAY THEY CAN MOVE UNTIL THEY GET 1/2 OVER THEN I HAVE TO DO THE REST I CANT WALK AWAY TO USE THE PHONE TO CALL FOR HELP FOR SAFTEY REASONS. HOPEFULLY I WILL GET THE 10 WKS ANY SUGGESTIONS? WELL ALL YOU 4-5 WEEKERS LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.TAH ON 6-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 04:17 PM

I had to go see my doc last Monday because of an infection and it did not hurt at all. She was very gentle with me. I was so worried that it would but it didn't. My mood swings is my biggest gripe No spotting anymore but I do get tired very easily. I had a TVH on the 16th of June. Don't worry about your dr appt. it will be fine.. God Bless
Unread 07-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Hi,
I had my surgery the day before yours and I am also feeling very good. I had my 4 week check up on Thursday. I had an internal exam, which I was really nervous about, to see how I was healing. The exam did not hurt and wasn't bad at all. My doctor said that I have healed very nicely and all the internal stitches in the vaginal cuff are gone.

Overall, I think I'm doing great. I still have this darn swelly belly that is a real drag for me and my back also hurts alot. I was released to ease back into my normal activities. So today I did some light housework and now my back really hurts! No vacuuming for me yet!

I am on progesterone now and the night sweats are finally under control. No estrogen for 6 months.

I hope your dr visit goes well and you get a good report. Good luck to you.
s
Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 04:25 PM

Hope you do get the 10 weeks off from work!

I had my surgery on June 10th and have had a lot of back pain too. I kept my ovaries and am using Estrogen cream every other night. At first, I did cry a lot, but I seem to be back to normal emotionally. I don't like putting that cream in or dealing with the mess from it the next day. It only makes to gross smell even worse! My dh can still see my stitches so I guess the smell will continue on for a while. I had A&P repairs done and I've heard it can take a while for those stitches to dissolve.

I went with my dh to buy groceries today. I was sore by the time we were done even though I just walked thru the store.

I miss swimming! I have my six week check up next Friday and hope to get cleared to swim. I guess I will take it easy and not jump off of the diving board or go down the slide this year, lol.

My biggest hope is to be well enough to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in late August. I live in Texas where it is so hot. Wes and I love going to the Schlitterbahn Water park. I so hope I'm up for it by then and allowed to go.

Hope everyone else is recovering well!
Unread 07-16-2005, 04:41 PM

I had a LAVH on June 10th and went back to work full time on July 11th. No problems. I still swell by late afternoons and get tired easily. I was feeling GREAT this morning and pulled into a car wash to rinse off my car. I swear it put me back two weeks! I guess having to hold onto the sprayer with the force of that water was too much. I started hurting and I haven't hurt in a couple of weeks. I felt so good I forgot to be careful. Be careful ladies! Especially when you reach that turning point where you start feeling like yourself. I am back with my feet up and considering drugs.
Unread 07-16-2005, 05:14 PM

June 15th here. I have a 5 week appt. next Thursday. I have FINALLY stopped bleeding as of about 5 days ago. Now, it's just a much lighter discharge. I felt like that would never end! I finally feel like I may recover from this. I think that vacuuming and puching and moving people on stretchers is WAY TOO MUCH to do--you still need to heal all the way internally even if you don't feel any pain. I am forbidden to do any pushing or any lifting more than the weight of a gallon of milk for 12 weeks total. I had a bladder sling, anterior repair, and a urethra TOT (transobturator tape for incontinence). Ladies, remember, even if you feel good, it doesn't mean everything is healed internally. You could still get small bleeds that would cause later adhesions that would be so NOT good. Like many have said here repeatedly, "You only have one chance to heal correctly so don't rush it." Best of the best to you!
Unread 07-16-2005, 05:44 PM

I'm actually doing quite well. I was very, very good to myself for the first 4 weeks of my recovery. Tuesday I saw the dr and he was quite pleased. He said not to have sex for 2 more weeks, but that I could do anything else I felt like doing (just have sense to stop if it's too much).

My husband went out of town Monday, so this has been an incredibly busy week for me (My son does theatre and this was an opening week for him. That meant practices until almost midnight every night. And he's too young to drive.) I'm extremely tired, but I was on the run all week. I would have been tired even not having had surgery a month ago.

I've also noticed a decrease in my swelly belly. It's sort of crazy how it's just started going down so quickly. I've lost several pounds since surgery, too. Yay!
Unread 07-16-2005, 06:29 PM

Hi,
I'm a week behind you guys, but I had a 3.5 week check-up on Friday. My dr. said to ease back into normal activities over the next few weeks but be careful not to lift anything really heavy (like my 7 year old!) The check up didn't hurt at all and I don't have to go back to the Dr. for another 6 months! Whoo-hoo!

Mary
Unread 07-16-2005, 06:40 PM

I'm just hitting seven weeks post op and am now able to say "today is a good day" -- I still have trouble with sitting to long or trying to clean things. Most important thing I did -- I told my doctor I was terrified of the exam. She took it extra easy and made it a breeze. She usually likes to talk first and examine after -- this time, I told her -- exam NOW and talk LATER. I am coming around from a significant blood loss -- so, I'm taking longer than usual. But it's weird to say "I feel good." -- just haven't been able to say that in years. Hang in there! You will improve with time! Remember, you only have one chance to heal right the first time!
Unread 07-16-2005, 08:53 PM

My surgery was June 15. I had a tummy tuck as well. I feel like I'm hungry all the time but have no appetite. I'm wondering if its just pain and not hunger at all. My surgery was in Thailand. I'm having a hard time getteing back on our clock. I want to nap all day, then I'm up all night! My incision has been draining for the past month. I go to my family doctor to get the stitches and staples out Tuesday morning. I'm so worried it will open up again! I went to the grocery store last night with my DH, it was a major outing! I've been pretty weepy the last three days too. My daughter tells me she was healed from her c-section by four weeks --- what's wrong with you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register