Need some input please! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some input please! Need some input please!

Unread 07-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Need some input please!

Hi Ladies, I had my TVH/bladder sling 7 years ago. If you've read my history I had many complications 4 years ago with my second bladder surgery. I also have several other medical issues going on not hyst related. In the last maybe 6 months when I ovulate ,I get such bad "period "pain in my lower back that it feels like its desinigrating! It's worse than when I still had periods! And also when I went to a GYN about a year ago for basically her opinion on some of my vaginal defects, she informed me that not to far in the near future I would need to put my fingers in my vagina to have a bm. Mortified! You bet!! Well I normaly have chronic diarrea from IBS but when I do have a "normal" bm It dosent want to come out!! Why am I literaly falling apart? My job is very physical which is the way I like it! I look very fit(with clothes on ) with out clothes ,Im under weight because of the chronic dirrea. People always tell me how fit I am, Im very muscular, boy if they only new!! A Cardiologist even asked me if I was a runner!! My reply was "Only when I'm scared!" I am so sick and tired of feeling like crud!! I Love my PC Doc she is wonderful! She's really trying! I have yet to tell her about my lower back issues and the new bm issues!! This is driveing me NUTS!! 40 is NOT SUPPOSE TO FEEL THIS WAY!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to die and when they do an autopsy they say "oh she had this, we could have treated that"!!I am just so frustrated! Sorry I didnt mean to invite you to my pity party but I really need some input!! Thanks for listening! Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Need some input please!

((((Ossa)))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time

I'm wondering if you could be dealing with a Rectocele (rectum prolapsing in the vagina)? Having to splint (having to assist a bm with your fingers) is one of the common symptoms of a rectocele. Feeling a bulge in the vagina is another one. Your back pains may also be, indirectly, related to the prolapse. I also remember alternating diarrhea and constipation when I was dealing with the rectocele, pre-hyst.

Whatever the cause, I really think you need to give your doctor a chance to evaluate the situation. Especially since it sounds like you have a caring doctor, who's looking to help you and find answers for you.

Lots of s. Please, do keep us posted.
Unread 07-17-2005, 04:09 AM
Need some input please!

Dany, Thanks so much for your input. From some of the other ladies posts I was guessing thats probably what it is. My biggest frustration comes from the fact that I have seen 2 GYN's, and a URO localy and they have all said they would NOT touch me surgicaly!!Too much went wrong the last time and they wer'nt the ones who did it!! I went to a GI Doc last year who dianosed the IBS and even He ,with my complications said he could understand why they didnt want to touch me!! Then this past November I had a simple procedure for a cyst removel suposed to be that afternoon, well it was the first time I had had general anesthesia I had always had spinals for everything else, anyway I ended up in ICU for three days paralysed!!! So I'm seeing a neurologist for that,who says she wants me to go to a major facility for extensive testing!! That the anesthesia team and she thinks there could be an underlying condition that could have caused that reaction!! I guess Im just overloaded right now with everything going on and the fact that I have to travel to have anything done medicaly and I am trying to raise my boys solo!! I have to work!! Thanks again for listening Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Need some input please!

Ossa
I can relate to wanting to feel better and for the problems to stop! It seems like whenever I get to a place where I'm doing half way decent, someone pulls the rug out from underneath my feet. I'm not sure that all my problems are directly related to the hyst, but at the time, I was hoping that the hyst would let me get back to a normal life.

The diarrhea can zap the energy out of your body. My accupuncturist told me that having diarrhea for an extended period of time is not good. When you have diarrhea your body is not absorbing the vital nutrients that it needs. It literally dehydrates your body. I was in pretty bad shape when I first seeing this doc, I didn't realize how bad off I was until I started feeling a little better.

Keep seeking answers. Unfortunately for some of us, it does take some time and there can be bumps in the road along the way. But we have to keep looking, if we don't open those doors we won't know what's behind them and may miss out on finding the solution we've been looking for.

Unread 07-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Need some input please!

(((Nettty)))) Wow, I can understand why doctors, and yourself, are so reluctant to perform surgery on your

If you're dealing with a prolapse, there are other treatments available that do not involve surgery. One of those may turn out to be appropriate for you Here's a link to our Prolapses Resources Library

(((Kim)))) is right about the possible ravages of diarrhea: I remember when my dad ended up in the castle, completely dehydrated, after a really bad bout

Sometimes, the best approach is to deal with one symptom at a time. This may at least relieve some of the most annoying symptoms.

Lots of s I hope you get some answers soon.
Unread 07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks Ladies

Dany and Kim, Thanks for your responces, I guess I've found myself feeling bluer than normal, and a little overwhelmed at the moment! I can usually keep it in check but I aparently caved this weekend!! I do go see my Neuro wednesday, she had me go for an ultra sound for my legs to rule out blood clots as being the reason for the pain, I think that I,m tearing muscle in my calf and this has happened twice in the last month. that came back negitive.Thank GOD! She also had me go for a MRI of my neck. My shoulders, neck, and back have been killing me since this last incedent in the hospital for the cyst removal. She wants to see if maybe with all the vigours pain stimulation and shaking they were doing to me to get me to breath that they did'nt shake something loose in my neck! I just want answers at this point I've been dealing with the neck and shoulder thing since November! Waiting for tests to come back are pretty nerve racking! Anyway thanks again and hopefully I'll have some answers soon! Netty
Unread 07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Need some input please!

(((Netty)))) Just wanted to say "Hang in there" Hopefully your doctor will have some insight for you
Unread 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Need some input please!

Hi Netty
I just wanted to give you a HUG and let you know I am thinking of you. I know how it is to keep going through more medical problems after having the hyst. It will get better. It has to!

Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register