accupuncture and swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

accupuncture and swelly belly accupuncture and swelly belly

Unread 07-16-2005, 07:31 PM
accupuncture and swelly belly

Has anyone had any experience with using accupressure or accupuncture to help with swelly belly? I read that it is a result of lymph drainage or retention of fluid. I am 3.5 weeks post op and still very swelly. Can't wear pants. Let me know if anyone has had accupuncture post hyst or accupressure massage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 09:59 PM

Sorry---never had acupuncture for anything. This will bump you up and hopefully someone esle can chime in with some help. Best wishes!
Unread 07-17-2005, 02:05 AM

yes, had acupunture for post op swollen legs, and belly. Our acupuncturist thought the lymph nodes were not working or some damage had occurred during surgery. It worked for me, though the
water hanging 'round the knees never completely left.
(What seems to also help ENZYMES, hydrochloric acid, and anti-yeast treatments.)
Acupuncture is definitely recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2005, 07:36 PM

I LOVE acupuncture. My whole family has had great results with it for various problems. Tomorrow will be the first time I see the acupuncturist post-op. Not seeing her for swelly belly but I'll ask her about it. Since I had a stroke caused by the interaction of prescription meds (birth control pills and migraine meds) ultimately leading to my hysterectomy, I have turned to acupuncture in an effort to avoid meds wherever possible.

I'll pass along the info I get from my lady tomorrow.
Unread 07-18-2005, 06:05 PM

Had an acupuncture session today. I feel so good. I asked and she said that acupuncture is good for many things post-hysterectomy - including swelly belly, general water retention, hot flashes, and insomnia.

It was funny - she had me stick out my tongue (she says it's a window to the body) and said 'you tired woman - how long since you sleep all night?' I had to laugh. NOTHING gets past this lady!

Don't know what type of acupuncturist you are looking for, donnainpa. My Mom started this ball rolling in our family - her orthopedic doc was also trained in acupuncture. He also had some med stuff intertwined - electrical stimulation of the needles, etc. We had great results with him. He moved but before he did, he recommended a Chinese lady in our town. She trained and practiced in China before coming here. She does not use electrical stimulation like the doc did but she is very much more 'spiritual' and 'natural' in her approach. She has this WONDERFUL "element light" (I mistakenly called it a 'heat lamp' because that's the first sense I got - heat) that feels like it gives a massage while it is shining. I don't know how to fully explain it - but it represents 40 elements important in Chinese healing. All very interesting. Both methods/practioners have proven to be excellent.

Good luck if you pursue this route!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register