Has anyone uses Nizoral for candida? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone uses Nizoral for candida? Has anyone uses Nizoral for candida?

Unread 07-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Has anyone uses Nizoral for candida?

Hi Ladies,

After suffering and battling candida for about 5 to 6 months, I mentioned it to my primary dr. and he prescribed nizoral. After reading the side effects on the web, I am hesitant to take it. If anyone has taken this please let me know if it worked and if the side effects if any are mild? I've tried alternative herbs, threelac, coconut oil, yeast diet, diflucan...etc. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate some imput.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Nizoral/yeast

I have had a lot of trouble with yeast ever since my hyst, I have also used Diflucan, to no avail,
and my vaginia is so sensitive I have difficulty with the creme, and one of the drs prescribed
the Nizoral, and I was like you I was afraid to use it because of what it would do to my
system, and my stomach can't take a lot of things. But I think it has a lot to do with
hormone balance, and I've had to take a lot of antibotics, because of vaginal infection I
got after one of my surgeries, which they let go for 9 mo.s So I was on the antibiotics for
a long time. I've started the bio-identicals and so far I think it is better, but the jury is
still out on that. I've been disappointed so many times, I am afraid to be hopeful. I usually
douche a little, and try to apply a little moisturizer in there. One of the sisters told me
something that was helpful to her, and I haven't tried it yet, but I'll have to refer back to
to her notes. I'm in kind of a hurry right now, but I will get back to you. I can tell you this,
though, It is just another consquence of surgical menapause, and it can be a constant problem. slt
Unread 07-20-2005, 02:29 AM

Haven't tried it, but the lady who runs our local health store says
two drops of oil of oregano in a capsule will kill yeast.
I've had results using anti-yeast products containing caprylic acid. You may have already used this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2005, 07:12 AM

Hi:

You stated that you have had an infection for months and months, I've been dealing with some sorta infection for months and have been on all the pills known to man kind...Dexycolin, Zimothrox, you name it and I still have an infection that will not go away.....Can you tell me what pill you took and if it helped??

Thank you
Julie
p.s. I had my total Hys 3 years ago, nothing left...
Unread 07-20-2005, 06:45 PM
yeast

Ok, I'm back now with the info on the treatment for yeast, this is from
angeleyes, recipe. 3 or 4 drops of teatree oil,2 drops of lavender oil, 1 tsp.
of plain yogurt, put that in an applicator, insert it vaginally at bed time,
once a day, for 3 nights. She swears by it. I haven't tried it yet I've been
pretty good in that regard lately. And for the answer about the infection,
I had it when I came home from one of my surgeries, I kept going to the
dr, and`they said they couldn't`see anything. Finally after 9 months I insisted
that they do a culture, The heavy overgrowth was an enterbacter, Klebsella,
and one more, I can't remember 3 different times, the last two came back
after I had been on Septra, a sulfer drug. It just blew my mind that it wasn't
clearing up with the antibiotics. But finally after 3 rounds, it was cleared up.
After you have a hyst you are very suseptible to infection, you don't have the
natural lubrication, which I believe has something in it that helps fight infection, helps the PH. And just having that lubrication helps. You can go
back and forth with bacteria and yeast. My vagina hasn't been right since my
hyst. Also other things can mimic infection. It is all so complicated. But I am
trying the bio-identical hormones, and I know that balance also affects those
things. Good Luck. Feel free to ask me something, I will try to help. What does your dr say? Have you had a culture done? That's important to know, so
they know what to treat you with. If it goes on a long time, it makes it harder to get rid of.
Unread 07-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Are you also on the Candida diet? A few years ago I had a raging case of Candida and was put on diflucan, some supplements and also was put on a strict food restriction by my doctor. Candida is basically a yeast infection in the intestines, and many foods we eat can feed the candida. Flour, sugar, fruits, and many more things are not good if you have Candida. My doc gave me a list of things I could eat. I was told if it wasn't on the list I couldn't eat it. I adhered to that list pretty strictly.

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
yeast

I've read a lot about the yeast connection that you are talking about, and I
believe I have this problem. But the information is confusing, and controversial. I've read different things, but I'm sure one should stay away
from sugar. Did you get better, and do you still have the list? I would love
to have it. slt
Unread 07-21-2005, 04:48 AM

slt,
Yes, I did get much better for awhile, as far as the Candida goes. It was amazing how much better my stomach felt and how much better I felt. I currently do have some intestinal problems, but not sure they're related to the same thing.

I do still have the list. I will email it to you this evening as it is on my home computer.

Unread 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM

Hi kim,
I just got back on the anti-candida diet yesterday. It has helped in the past.. It is just so restrictive. Hopefully this time I will be sucessful. I definately think that yeast is directly related to hormones. Too young to get off them so I guess for now I'm on the diet. I'll miss chocolate very much.
Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register