HELP.Has anyone had to change their patch earlier than 1 week ??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP.Has anyone had to change their patch earlier than 1 week ??? HELP.Has anyone had to change their patch earlier than 1 week ???

Unread 03-21-2001, 08:04 AM
HELP.Has anyone had to change their patch earlier than 1 week ???

Help Sisters.....
I am on the Climara Patch...
I change it every Friday...
Tonight we are going away and will be at a place with a hot tub, pool, sauna etc.... I am very excited about going, but scared that the patch may fall off...
If it does can I put a new one on 2 days early?? I am afraid not too, and afraid that if I do will I get too much estrogen???
Sorry if this sounds silly, I am having no problems except for wonderful and I don't want to start now...
Thanks so much..
Love, Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2001, 11:42 AM

Hi Donna,

I too am on the climara patch. 1 week post op today.
You raised a good question about 'replacing' the patch early. I know I tried the nicotine patches to stop smoking once, and when one fell off I just popped another one on, but then this hormone stuff may be all different. As you can see I'm no help whatsoever!
Just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! I would suggest calling the doc and asking them. That's what I'm going to do, now that you've got me wondering.
Take care, and happy tubbing!
(don't overdo it!)
skye

TAH BSO 3/14 endo, hyperplasia, fibroids, ovarian cysts, nuttin left in the oven here!
Unread 03-21-2001, 02:59 PM

I'm also using Climara, and I got a couple sample packs from my doctor's office. They contain an information booklet that has way more info than what you get with your prescription. When a patch lifts at the edge, they say to press it back firmly. If it lifts too much and won't stick or falls off, then replace it with a new patch and then change your patch on your regular patch day. Now, of course that scenario has you using an extra patch out of sequence, and you may find that insurance won't cover the expense. Get some samples from your doctor's office for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2001, 03:22 PM

When I first started on the "patch I had trouble getting it to stay stuck. It was a generic patch and not actually the name brand Climara. I used my month supply in about 2 1/2 weeks. Went to the doctor's office and they gave me 2 samples of Climara, since my insurance wouldn't cover anymore than 4 for the month.
When mine came off, I just stuck on a new one.
Have no problem now with the Climara-only the generic brands.
Unread 03-22-2001, 08:41 PM
Patch

Hi Donna,
I am on a patch but it is called Esclim. I change mine twice a week. I believe that these estrogen patches are "time-release". I really don't think it will hurt anything to put a new one on if you need to. I took a real hot bath one night and mine came off. I put it back on and it stayed until I had to change it for a new patch. As with any questions about your medication, I suggest you call your doctor or pharmacist to be sure. Better safe then sorry!!!
Unread 03-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Thank You

Thanks so much for all of your responses....
As it turned out, I didn't have to change the patch
but it was sure good to feel a little better about it incase I would have had to....
Take care...
Love, Donna
Unread 03-23-2001, 04:47 PM

Hi, Those patches won't stay on in a hot tub, Cilima Forgive the bad spelling) is thinner than the esclim I know I done both. and if your going to be in the hot much this week end your better off keeping it off for the week end and then putting a fresh one on when you leave for the week end I did that last week end, you will go through less patches that way. When I was using Cilimra the doctor had me change it every five days. because it didn't seem to last the whole week for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register