ANY 9 weekers still out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ANY 9 weekers still out there? ANY 9 weekers still out there?

Unread 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
ANY 9 weekers still out there?

I am 9 weeks post op today. I cant believe how quickly the time has flown by. I feel better now than I have in years. I have so much more energy!!!!! I hope everyone else is doing well. It has been really hot in my state this week. Mostly 90's with heat index of over 100. My family and I are going on vacation next week. I can hardly wait to spend time with everyone. I am excited that my period won't mess up the week. For the last 5 years it seems like no matter how much planning I did...............here came Aunt Flo on vacation. Anyways...............no chance of that this time. I actually went shopping yesterday to buy a few new clothes for my trip and guess what color I bought? For the first time in years I actually bought white pants and shorts. I also bought all new white underwear!!!!!! I havent bought white in years. I hope everyone is having a great summer. Hope to hear from you 9 weekers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2005, 04:27 PM

That is great that you are doing so well!!!! I am 9 weeks tomarrow. I returned to work this week and have tolerated it fine other than being more tired due to the insomnia and working too. But NO PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that great? I am not missing my periods at all either. Always seemed to come at the time I didn't want and no more worries about that!
Hot flashes are bothersome but nothing I can't handle. Everyone is cold at work but me. They have the air conditioning on real low and people are putting on long sleeved shirts and here I am sweating and leaning again the cold walls. Ha Ha. Kind of funny.
I am thankful I had my surgery for sure and am so glad to be rid of the pain. Hope we hear from others! Great to hear from you!
Oh, I am really missing my days without work though and the peaceful recovery time at home, wasn't bored for a minute. Back to the rushed life but oh well, gotta due it sometime! Tiffany
Unread 07-21-2005, 04:28 PM

HI, I am 9 weeks tomorrow I have had a pretty ordinary recovery, swelly belly when I overdue. Some "cramps". The only thing is the hot flashes I'm trying natural herbs right now--they aren't working yet at 28 days, but the directions say 4-12 weeks for maximum benefit-- so I'll stick with it hoping I won't have to do HRT, the Gyn says the HRT will work in 2 weeks so I'm hoping I'm not suffering 12 weeks for nothing!!! But all of this is sooooo much better than the pain we were all in before our surgerys. For that I am truely greatful Isn't it great to be able to wear white

Unread 07-21-2005, 04:28 PM

Hi Sparky! It sounds like you are ready to enjoy your vacation time. It's great to not have everything messed up or needing to worry about taking enough supplies.
Remember at 9 weeks, to continue to listen to your body. You do still have some healing going on. Take some time each day to rest a bit.
Have a wonderful time!
's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register