fibriod | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-23-2005, 09:04 AM
fibriod

Hi everyone, Ive been told I have a 3 inch fibroid tumor, from a remnant of my uterus, I had a hys 26 years ago. My ovaries where left. I cant find anything about this on internet. Has anyone heard of this. I got rid of uterus so I wouldnt have this problem again. So much for that. LOL Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2005, 10:40 AM
fibriod

Do you know if you kept your cervix in the original hysterectomy? If so, maybe the fibroid is growing in that part.
Unread 07-23-2005, 02:44 PM
fibriod

I still have my cervix , so I dont know what is going on, but he never mentioed cervix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
fibriod

Is the new tumor on your ovaries or someplace else in your pelvic area?

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago - I had my right ovary removed last year. I still have my left ovary. I had another surgery 5 months ago to remove a tumor in my right pelvic area. Unfortunately sometimes odd things happen and tumors appear.

s
Unread 07-24-2005, 09:44 AM
fibriod

All it says is left adnexal , it says cant see right ovary , so assumed it was on left ovary. Ill let you know what I find out, thanks for answering
Unread 07-24-2005, 12:11 PM
fibriod

I have read online about a woman that developed a fibroid in the stump of her uterus. I think it is not too common, but seems plausable if there is still uterine tissue in there. I have my cervix, No uterus and still have a mini-period every month. I didn't think THAT would happen.
Unread 07-24-2005, 04:09 PM
fibriod

I too removed everything except my cervix and on Thursday I'll be removing a Large Pelvic Mass. I've already gone through the Fibroid Stuff and had that removed almost 20 years ago. SO MANY WOMEN have that---now that I'm on this web site. A friend of mine just had her third fibroid tumor removed. YUK! WHAT ON EARTH CUASES THIS TO GROWN IN SOME PEOPLE AND NOT IN OTHERS.??????
I wish I knew---I wish I knew!!! Sister of mine NEVER HAD SURGERY BEFORE----this is MY THIRD..........YUK AGAIN!!!!
GOOD LUCK-----
Cindy
Louisiana
Unread 07-27-2005, 07:42 PM
fibriod

Well i went back to clinic yesterday, and told them I had to talk to some one, and I got to see the nurse that was at the womans clinic, Anyway I told the nurse that the DR had told me I had a fibroid and i didnt think so, because of having hys, she said your right, she looked at my chart and said he probably meant cyst. She looked at my ultrasound and said, its as big as a tennis ball right now, didnt he speak to you about having it removed and I said yes but then said we would wait till Oct. I told her I wasent real happy with the dr and would like to see another and she said he is a good Dr i dont know why he kept changing his mind on you, probably having a bad day, but I would have to wait till i saw him in Oct. if I wanted z second oppion. But I could get one on my on. Anyway thought Id let you know what was going on. Im still confused but at least I can understand having a cyst. to bad the ultrasound didnt just say that. Thanks for listening to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register