Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Unread 07-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Angry - Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

OK I just have to know if anyone else is reading this and there thoughts nad views on this. I do not want to post info on this book, incase somenoe is reading it nad have not finished. But I would like to dsicuss this book, if anyone out here is reading or has finished the book.

I just finished it last night and I must say I am shocked and appalled at what Rowling has done and the way she has done it. I actually cried. I haev heard that this particule book int he series is stirring up alot of comotion and that there are young people who are reading this and getting very upset, now I am not sure if this is true, but my parents said that one parent had to take there child to the hospital for shock. I can see why, now that i have done read the book.

I will not go any further so as to not spoinl anything, but WOW. Would love to discusss this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

I have a thought on the ending that may be different than many people. There was one little thing in there that makes me think one thing. Since I don't want to spoil it for anyone I won't say here right now.

Jane
Unread 07-23-2005, 03:25 PM

You know now that you mentioned that to me and I reread over that part, I read someone on a news review that J.K said that there is a glimpse as to what may happen int he next book at the end of this one. COuld this be, what we are thinking we only have to wait and see.

I did not even think about that until you mentioned it and I reread that part, guess I was still in to much shock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Strong book, strong thoughts

I don't think the book is too anything. Except too good, making me all the more impatient for No. 7.

Rowling has been warning for two years that it will be a dark tale, and all the reviews warn that it's not for the youngest of her readers, who would probably still be on the earlier books.

I remember the death of Bambi's mum, and it was something important to go through. Ditto Hans Christian Andersen's sad fairy tales like "The Little Mermaid" (not the Disney travesty) and "The Little Match Girl."

Children are exposed to so much ugliness on TV, movies and life, without the ethics and hope of Harry Potter.

But would like to hear from everybody, this could become a really interesting thread.
Unread 07-24-2005, 07:28 AM

Hi, I'm not quite through with it yet ( life keeps interfering with my reading time ). So far, I'm enjoying it as much as the first 5.

Unread 07-24-2005, 09:14 AM

OH I enjoyed it, do not get me wrong, but the darkness of it and they way things were, were just well I could not believe it. Yes I think this book has now crossed over from children literature to the adult world. I do not think that the younger ones should be reading this. BUt then again, there are some who would be able to handle it.

Yes I am impatiently waiting on Book 7 which I read she will be started at the years end. But I just wonder how dark that book will be, who will die, what will happen. Will Harry still come out victorious as he always does.

And then in a way, I hate o see it end as well. My husband made the comment if someone lets book affect them like they are idiots. Referring to my shaking and crying. But then again maybe he has no heart. he does not read, so he does not what it is like to read a book like this in a series and how you actually start to feel that you know these characters in the book. I know some can not do that and I even read that it takes peple with great imagination and very deep reading skills to be able to actually "go into" a book like that, where they feel they know the characters in the book.

WHat worries me is what the movie will be like, that will be an interesting tale to see. Of course I like the movies and have all 3, but theya re by no mean as good as the books of course.
Unread 07-25-2005, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanus
Hi, I'm not quite through with it yet ( life keeps interfering with my reading time ). So far, I'm enjoying it as much as the first 5.

I have two friends in different parts of the world who are reading it one chapter a night to savour it! Such self control!
Unread 07-25-2005, 12:45 AM

Oh my! How can they do that? When I read a good mystery which this is, I want to find out what happens so I keep on reading. I had to read it through, ok, with a night's sleep in between.

Jane
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmberg
Oh my! How can they do that? When I read a good mystery which this is, I want to find out what happens so I keep on reading. I had to read it through, ok, with a night's sleep in between.

Jane
Yeah, people with that much self control worry me!
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Talking - Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince one of my favourite bits [SPOILER!!!!!]

SPOILER! SPOILER!

And how does Hermione find out who the 1/2-blood prince is?

Not on the net, but by slogging through old paper edition copies of the publication in question.

Take that, all you people who say who needs libraries abd archives with the net!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register