Please Listen Up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please Listen Up Please Listen Up

Unread 03-22-2001, 07:20 AM
Please Listen Up

Hey all....I did a stupid thing and I hope others will learn from my mistake. I am 10 days post op and this morning have managed to make the kids breakfast, two loads of laundry, balanced the checkbook, and called the office. I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, after spending the night on the couch because of a snoring husband, I was really, really, REALLY cranky and ticked off because he hasn't done a darned thing since I have been home (last Friday) to clean or launder or anything. Well, the kids are officially out of school clothes as of today so I figured unless they are going to be naked tomorrow....who had better do it? Me. I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!

Ladies...when your doctor or other Princesses tell you NOT to do anything. Please Listen Up. I am completely wiped out and am going to bed for the rest of the day. I hurt and am hoping I didn't do my body any further damage.

Please take care of yourselves and DON'T OVER DO IT!!!! I just learned my lesson the hard way and am going to let the post-op princesses know my errors too.

Take care of yourselves....I'm going to from now on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2001, 07:52 AM
Please Listen Up

Dearest Celeste, please don't keep beating yourself up! We've all made mistakes during our recoveries.. Including, yours truly! Yes, I did something I certainly shouldn't have, so that said, just start today, and re-recover.. It's OK to make a bad judgemnet, once in a while. We all, as Moms feel that the ship will sink, if we don't do our chores. Can you enlist the help of your kids? I know that they may be young, but even taking their laundry into , or near the washing machine would be of help, to you. I was told not to take any wet laundry out of the machine, b/c of the weight of the wet clothing, so I just hobbled down to the laundry room, one step at a time, and had my 8yr old, wash the clothes under my supervision. Needless to say, I've created a MONSTER, now all he wants to do is wash clothes! LOL
Sometimes, we underestimate the ability of our kids, b/c we're afraid they're not capable of pitching in, but they are.. Don't know if you're aware, but PLedge furniture polish has just come out with mittens you can wear, and they're already filled with cleaner.. So, get a box of them ,and mitten up your kids and let 'em go wild! They'd love it. Even the smallest child can do this, b/c there's no need to spray. Good Luck, hope you begin to take it easy.

Remember... A rested Princess is a happy Princess!
And a heathier Princess, too!
Blessings, Roz
Unread 03-22-2001, 07:54 AM
Please Listen Up

You are NOT an idiot!!! You were feeling okay and thought you could do a few things. We all have that tendency! Now you know.....rest, rest, rest. Now I'm going to print this so I will remember when my turn comes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2001, 07:56 AM
Please listen up!

Celeste:
Sounds like time to let your DH "Grow" into the man he needs to be.........

1) Send the kiddies to school in wrinkles & yesterday's clothes. They will not suffer irrepariable harm if you do not do the laundry. Two facts I have learned about kids and their dirty clothes: a) if they're under age 10, they wont care if the clothes are dirty and wrinkled, and; b) if they're over age 13, they won't care if the clothes are dirty and wrinkled. And if they're 11-12, well, they can start doing their own laundry, and the husband will eventually find a dry cleaner.
2) Let DH come to the awareness on his own (regardless of how long that takes) that a) Tide and Downy are not the name of the maid and housekeeper;b) Laundry does not magically jump from hamper to basket to washer to dryer to closet, and; c) He will not catch cooties if he has to read directions on the lid of the washer and touch dirty underwear in order to have clean underwear for the family.

It's a tough thing to allow your home to seemingly fall to dusty ruin around you, but you must surrender to the fact that your body needs to heal NOW, the house can always be cleaned LATER. If anyone in the house complains, then they can become a part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Same for company. If your friends and family know you've just had major surgery, then they can pitch in too.

Nobody likes looking at dishes in the sink, piles of laundry on the floor, un-emptied trash cans and dust bunnies on the floor and pet hair on the carpet, but hey, that's what paperback novels and chocolates were meant for......distractions. You get your goodies and go where you feel most comfortable and just park it. Make sure when your family members start cleaning (or when you order them to begin!) that they do YOUR area first! Then you stay there and let them do the rest of the house afterward. It's not a contest about how clean you can keep your house and kids compared to anyone else's standards.......it's about your well-being and your recovery.

Hang tough, Celeste!
HysterHugs,
Perpetually Pre-Op Margie in
Port Hueneme, CA
Unread 03-22-2001, 03:29 PM
Please Listen Up

LOL...you ladies have a way of making a woman "see the light"!
Roz - I'm sending hubby to the store tonight for some of those mitts you mentioned as well as more laundry soap.
Margie - the girls are going to be learning this week how to do laundry. They are 5 & 7 so I am expecting some gray and pink underwear out of it. They already sort it for me (most of the time) but if I push the knobs on the washer, I might be okay.
DLP - thanks for the morale booster. I am going back to bed now. I think tomorrow I will spend the day doing those strenous activities of reading a book and sucking on popscicles.

Take care and thanks again!
Unread 03-22-2001, 07:00 PM
Please Listen Up

HOORAY for you! Now you've got the recovery "recipe", LOL, Roz
Unread 03-22-2001, 07:41 PM
Please Listen Up

LOL Roz....just look at what it took to get there. Take care and thanks again.
Unread 03-22-2001, 10:41 PM
Please Listen Up

This one is really strange, I left you a message and saw it there with my own eyes and it is gone.

This afternoon when I saw what you had done I decided you needed the pillow police it you did it again.

Husband and kids need to jump on in and help or you need to call the cleaning crew in, we have alot of those in this town.

If you need me you feel free to call me on the telephone. I'll give you my number over the e-mail. Serious. I'm out and about and can drop something by for you and I really don't mind. I won't stay and wear you out, I'll just pick up or drop off anything you need.
Sister are suppose to do that.

Best to you.
Unread 03-23-2001, 06:02 AM
Please Listen Up

LOL....confusing for all of us....thanks Queena. I am trying to be good. I actually managed to take it easy last night and am going to be taking it easy again today.
Thanks for the offer...I might just have to take you up on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register