Teachers unite! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 09-11-2005, 03:07 PM
hey

Happy everything!
I was so glad to finally be able to sit down and feel as you did Cathy back in the loop..To all of you dear sweet saints thank you for praying for me..I am blessed..I have to submit the paperwork to the state this week and I offically retire as of Dec 31 2005..to be honest I feel much better about this than I did before..
The good Lord will and is taking care of me..
I am so glad that you posted about the resource techers and IEP's..I send work for the child to do in the resource room so they can stay caught up..Some times ok sometimes not..It really depends on which teacher..We have 20 SPED teachers and parapros at my school..
Excatlly 1/2 of our 6th grade has some sort of an IEP..wow..Happy Happy Birthday Sarah I do hope that you do something extremely special.
Well I must go Take good care everyone until later..I love you all Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Teachers unite!

Thanks for all your good wishes. My birthday has indeed become a time for reflection these past four years. DH's blueberry pancakes were a high point. Life is good.

Everyone have a great week. Open House is tomorrow night. Eek!
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Teachers unite!

Happy Birthday Sarah!
Happy Everything Donna! Take care!
I see that you are on line now...however I have to get son off to bed... Hope you are doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Teachers unite!

Good Morning!
Sarah: So glad to hear the birthday went well. Here's to many more!
Donna - I am glad you have a peaceful heart with your decision. God will provide for you. Be strong.
Kathy - good to hear from you. How is your son doing?
I am well now that it is Saturday. I have to be honest and tell you that I really dread school these days. Seems the anxiety level just seems to fly once I walk through those doors. I hate that feeling. I always loved the fact that I enjoyed my job. I don't know what is causing this but I continue to pray that it comes to a close and I can regain the peace and enjoyment of teaching.
I must go for now. One of my little furry friends must go to the groomer and the lawn needs to be mowed.
Take care and my love to all.
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Teachers unite!

I have not posted on this thread in a long time, but do read your posts daily because you are all an inspiration to me! Cathy.....I hear where you're coming from and I thought it was just me. I also dread school these days, and chalked it up to "mid-career slump". This is my 20th year of teaching and it is a chore to walk through those school doors each day. I am a music teacher (choruses & music theory) and I supposedly have the students who "want to be there". Well, times are changing and if I have the students who "want to be there"...then they have a very disprespectful way of showing it! My 4 choruses are large, averaging between 83 and 119 students in each group. I have always been able to handle these groups because I run a very tight ship and am always on top of things. It just seems that students are getting worse and worse....or maybe I'm getting too old to keep the energy level up?! One week back to school and already, yesterday I had to yell at my 6th grade chorus (my son is in that group). One teacher said she heard me down the hallway! I swear....BASIC behavior skills are LACKING!! Forget about trying to teach them about music & singing!! And of course, I have that group at the end of the day on Fridays!
I just find it so difficult to have that passion for my job that I once had. I envy those teachers who bubble over with that passion! When I win the lottery, I'm going back to school to become a nurse!
ok..so I need to play the lottery in order to win it!
Anyways, thanks ladies for listening. I continue to read your encouraging and very interesting posts. You are all so wonderful and I admire all that you do for your students!
Lisa
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
Just popped in because I had a posting email (first for ages).
Cathy I can't believe you said that - then Lisa as well (hi - good to hear from you). I've been feeling exactly like you since last term. Didn't like to say as everyone seems so positive. The 'down' feelings faded in the holidays but came back BIG time this term. I put on a bright bubbly face to the students - but oh how much I'd rather be doing something else now. I really think the hyst and the recovery time changed my outlook. I had a colleague at school who had breast cancer the year before, and after all the treatment was over she returned for two terms, then totally retired. She said her outlook had changed and she had other priorities now. She'd rather live on less money.
Trouble is - we really need the income right now - so I guess it's bright face again and keep going by thinking that the time to the end is getting nearer each term. At least it's SO comforting to know others are feeling the same way. At least we should make the most of weekends and holidays and do things we really love - not spend them doing school work. Other professionals don't seem to have to do that.
Donna - adding my wishes too - happy everything, and will continue to remember you in prayers.
Sarah - pleased you had a happy weekend.
Have to go now and get some lunch ready. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Teachers unite!

Mary.....ah yes...the bright bubbly face for our students! Unfortunately, I just started HRT (after trying to go 8 weeks without, as my gyn wanted me to try). Right after I take the Prometrium pill at bedtime, I'm asleep! Then, I simply cannot function until a good 12 hours later! So, during my first 2 classes of the day, I am totally out of it. I can't think, I can't concentrate and I can barely keep my eyes open. Thankfully, my high school students have been gracious and "fill in the blanks" for me. I've been taking Prometrium for 1 full week now and am hoping things will level off soon (I also started the Femring this past week).
I hate to say it, but my paycheck is what keeps me motivated at this point (how horrible I feel for saying that!). I've waited 20 years to reach top step and I am FINALLY there! My husband & I were always mystified how families could afford such wonderful vacations at Easter time, while we live paycheck to paycheck! The entire town would head off to sunny & warm places during Easter vacation and our 3 sons always wondered why we never did. Hopefully, now we can do some nice things for our boys with my raise.
I suppose that perhaps my priorities are changing now that I have my wonderful husband and 3 sons. When I was single (some 13 years ago!)...I threw myself into my teaching and thought nothing of it. Now, I cannot wait to get home and spend some time with DH & the boys. Going back to school at night to conduct concerts is not as enjoyable as it used to be (though, my students will never see that in me, as I always put on my bubbly face!).
Thanks for listening, and thanks for assuring me that I am not alone!
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Teachers unite!

Well, Lisa, Cathy and Mary, you can include me in that little put an a bubbly face when you walk through the doors. I think mine is more directly related to how the so called professionals react to my brain trauma student. It is stressful, because I don't want him to ever feel what I do from those people.
I have to admit that every year after the Christmas/Winter holiday and friend and I look at each other and say, "What else could we do besides teaching?" I would love to start my own business, but you need capital to do that, and like you Lisa we live pay check to pay check. I finally got a higher degree to put me up on the pay scale but I won't be getting that for a while, since we are working without a contract.
My sister asked me why I don't go for my supervisory certification and become a supervisor of special education. I tried to explain to her that I don't want to become "ONE OF THOSE" people. I have seen really good teachers lose sight of what is important once they assume that chair. I don't want to do that. Plus I don't have a backbone to talk to someone that needs improvement. I can give people compliments all day, but I have no backbone to be direct if it may hurt them. I can do that with a student teacher, it is different, but you can have some really tough professionals out there that would really need it bottom lined and I don't know if I could do it.
I would love to start a business with crafts or something with children and reading. There is a great children's book store out in Californina on the web and I emailed them asking questions (while I was recovering this past March) and they didn't respond. I don't have the money to go see it. That is something I would love to start here. It is tailored to teachers. It is wonderful. I also still like having the majority of the summer with my children. I am not ready to work all year. My youngest is too young yet.
Well enough of that.
I hope this post finds you all well. It was nice to know I am not a lone fish in the sea.
Have a great weekend.
s,
Diane
Unread 09-17-2005, 10:59 AM
good Sat.

Hello All..Mary Sarah Diane Roz Cathy. EtAl..
I, too, have those feelings the anxiety level etremely high..I wanted the extra raise I was to get this yr as well. I cried of and on all day yesterday an extremely difficult day to say the least and then I had a meeting after school a meeting during school with the principal.. and he made me mad to cry..and of course I am not allowed to tell him what I think..
Then I had to go and teach the rest of STD AIDS
chronic illnesses lifestyle illnesses and then to my 8th grade pregnancy and childbirth..epipeesotomy etc.. then meeting then drive 1 1/2 hrs home. to say the least i was wooped and i wanted to sleep..i ate then i really did go to bed..
I DON'T want to return but I have no choice.I have to do so. 30 days of sick leave left..
I think I will chose them wisely and take some of them as I DO NOT WANT To BE THERE. Children yes other stuff No.
I do so understand.
Take good care..Love Donna
Unread 09-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Teachers unite!

Oh Dear Sisters....
Do you think we have peaked in our careers? Confessions of "not-so-peppy" teachers. Perhaps we should start a new thread. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one experiencing this. I toy with the idea of a different position but then am afraid of losing that comfort zone. What's a woman to do?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register