Teachers unite! - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 09-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Just checking in ladies.....did I open a can of worms? My day went well. Kathy - love your motto - gotta accentuate the positive. Hope DS gets things resolved soon. Sarah - thanks for the forecast. You are the calm in my storm. Mary - she has to pay what? Goodness. Thanks for checking on Cindy. Christine - hope your husband is doing ok. Roz/Lisa - nails are painted and stomach is pretty calm. Diane - ole' enjoy the salsa and fogeeetttaaabbbboooutttiiittttt.
Love to all!
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Teachers unite!

Yes...the can of worms is now open!! Hope everyone had a great Monday (ugh!). I put myself in a good mental frame of mind and thought I would attack the day with vengence! My mind was there, but physically, I felt like an 80 year old woman!! What's up with that?! My foot is STILL swollen from my foot surgery 6 weeks ago. I thought I was on the upside of things with THAT surgery!!
My legs & knee joints are all achy and I had a hot flash "to boot" today....my heart just about jumped out of my chest and I felt like I was going to get sick! Yes...this HRT is really doing the trick for me
BUT...like I said, my MIND was willing & able to seize the day!
Sure hope everyone had a glorious Monday. Can't wait to see what Tuesday has in store for us all.
Put your feet up, ladies....enjoy the evening!
Lisa
Unread 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Sisters:
Just checking in to see how everyone is. I am personally pooped! It seems like all I have been doing lately is giving workshops. I have 5 more to do in the next week and 1/2 for new teachers to the county. What was I thinking when I agreed to do this? Anyways - the weekend is right around the corner.
How has the week been for everyone else? Do take care and pray boldly for those poor people in Texas. Goodness gracious.
Love to all!
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, all, the next three days are for weeding. I can't seem to get all my grading done. I am conscious of being more thorough when I read papers... I guess I could lighten up on that. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow, and a good weekend.
Sarah
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
I also just dropped in to see how you are all doing.
Things really do look tough in the Texas area - let's hope and pray that things ease off.

Cathy that seems like an enormous work load for one week - no doubt you're pleased to see Friday around the corner.

Thanks for the info Sarah - I'll be tidying loose ends on topics with my main classes tomorrow, and at the weekend have lots of sorting out to do around the house. We intended to do this during the holidays - now we know we have to do a little most weekends, or it will never get done. We had a lot of stuff after FIL moved out of his house into a care home - and we're both hoarders. Must get into a new frame of mind.

Lisa that foot sounds painful - and teaching isn't the best job for helping it heal. Do take care wherever you can.

Should get to bed now - ready for the last day.
Love to all.
Mary
Unread 09-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Teachers unite!

Good morning, ladies......today is FRIDAY!!!! Thank goodness. I'm hoping everyone survived their week! I am making a valiant effort to learn and remember everyone's name here (so many of us!).
Mary, sounds like you have a hefty weekend of sorting to do. Seems like our work never ends......school work to housework! Take a breather & put those feet up when you get a chance!
Sarah, how is the weather in Florida these days?? You must have air conditioning in your schools? We do not here in Western NY, and it has been brutally hot since school started in early September. I say bring on the SNOW!!
Cathy, what is it with these workshops? You are giving them? Bless you! What are the workshops all about? Any good plans for the weekend?
We do need to pray for everyone in Texas. I do know of one hystersister who lives in Houston and is also a teacher. I have been in touch with her almost daily and she said that they have closed schools since yesterday. I have not heard from her since Wednesday afternoon but she assured me she would let me know how she is as soon as she is able. I do know that as of Wednesday, she had intended to stay there and help out at her church. Let us hope that these people are spared any hardship with the weather.
Have a good Friday, everyone. Here's to the WEEKEND!!!!
Lisa
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Teachers unite!

Ms. Positive here, having a negative day. Our activity day was not fun for me. Despite a lot of work to pull it together, it felt disorganized on the team's part, and the students seemed to forget everything I had done to prepare them for a smooth day. I don't want to put that much effort into preparing for other activity days if the students are going to toss it off. Sorry, I'm out of sync with you, sisters, I got my funk today, several days after everyone else. Couldn't get my game face on straight.

Lisa, we've had a dry spell until the last three days. Otherwise we're getting a reprieve from storms (sound of knocking on wood). You know, isn't our sister Kim in Houston? Hope you're feeling better.

Mary, you're very wise, it does take just the right frame of mind to be able to let go of stuff. When it hits, though, it feels great to clear out. Good luck!

Cathy, those workshops can be invigorating (and overwhelming), but it also takes a lot of energy. Hope you get a break soon.

Christine, hope your DH has a quick recovery and little discomfort.
Diane, homemade salsa, mmm.

You know, I have that blueberry jam recipe now, just haven't typed it up for you. It was on several bits of paper and I have to piece it together... sorry to be slow.

Kathy, thinking about your family. Hope son is improving. That was a great pep talk you gave us. I'm going to go back and read it again!

Okay, so, looks like the weeding I need to do this weekend is with my own attitude. If the grass wasn't wet, I'd be mowing-- my meditation! I'll just have to settle for changing the bedsheets and towels until tomorrow.

Have a great weekend,
Sarah
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, Mary, what time is it over there? It's about 5 in the afternoon here. I saw you were on... cool!
Unread 09-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Sarah,
Sorry - my computer was running but I was in the kitchen. Just found your posting - we're 5 hours ahead of you at present (I think it's different for a while when we alter our clocks again). So when it was 5pm there it was 10pm here. I often read the posting really late just before bed as that must be when you all get in for the evening. Sorry not to find you - I'll look out next time I'm here.
Mary.
Unread 09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Teachers unite!

Sarah, what an awful week we had in school...Kids in this years class are extra hyper ...so glad I survived.. Think "I" better go back and read my own pep talk. LOL
Thanks to all who wrote to me about DS. We will figure this one out too! Then, they'll be something else just to throw us off course and keep life exciting.
Cathy, I too now have beautiful toe nails. I planned on pampering myself by getting a pedi in the Spring. I finally got around to it last week. Here's hopng Fall holds off a bit longer up here in New England, so I can flaunt my pretty toes in sandles another few weeks. Well off to do some house work. Daughter visiting from the south next weekend and I want to be able to relax and spend as much time as possible with her. I gotta win the lottery and get myself a maid!!!
Take care everyone. xxxooo Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register