Teachers unite! - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
hi so sorry

Hi everyone
so sorry I haven't posted I have been busy as all of you have I have thought of you often..It was so good to see all of you on here. I just jumped by on my way to do work but I wanted to chat with my friends for a minute take good care all.. I do love you Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
Happy birthday Cathy! Do hope you enjoy the weekend, despite being so busy. Are you doing anything special to celebrate? Well done on the peacekeeping front - and do try not to tire yourself out with all the arrangements.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. I'm happy to say I feel loads better now.

Donna it's so good to hear from you. You're obviously still finding it tough going, but we're all behind you. Take as much time to rest as you can.

Sarah you must be feeling awful. Is that fractured rib painful when you breathe deeply? Sounds dreadful, especially hot on the heels of that bug. Do take good care. Thanks for the forecast. I've just emailed some catch-up work for a couple of students who hadn't done the work I'd sent in for them while I was absent (18 yr olds in final year).

Kathy you must be relieved that DS is doing OK. Yes it's great to see 'children' and so good that they want to come home, even when they're all grown up and a long way away.

Lisa, hang in there. Yes, good for you all that Columbus did his bit! Hope you all had a good Monday.

Christine you've been suffering too (is it the time of year??). Hope you're feeling better now - and that you really enjoy the break. Same dates as us.

Kim good to hear from you again. So sorry about the troubles following Rita.

Diane it was great to hear about J. Just the sort of kid you need to put it all in perspective.

Cindy it's good to see you back. That piggy word bank sounds great. When do you expect your game to be out?

Well like Christine we have a half term break for two weeks (new idea this year - they're taking one week's worth of days off other holidays). So we're off to France tomorrow for most of the week. Going to visit an old house our son has bought in the Auvergne mountains - they're doing it up gradually. Great to get away for a while. It's in a tiny village with no amenities, no traffic, just great views and a restful place to hang out. The trees should be turning colourful now. I'll let you know this time next week.

Take care everyone. Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 10-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Ladies:
Thanks Mary for the birthday wishes. Nothing special planned.....I have to mow the lawn and do some paper work. How about that for a birthday. A funny thing happened on Friday. I was hugging a student in the first grade line as they were exiting the cafeteria. As I walked away I heard another student ask her..."Is that your grandma?" I fell to the groun..(I have a great sense of humor plus drama). The teacher came over to me, laughing hysterically. She pretended to fan me as if I had truly passed out. Ladies...I am only 41 and so it took me a little by surprise. I guess we all needed a little laugh for the day.
Hope your Sunday is grand.
Love to all
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Teachers unite!

Good morning all!

Cathy, I am so glad to hear it happens to others! Though, I don't know about you, but I have grandparents of students that are younger than me. I've also been teaching long enough to teach children of former students. UGH!

Turns out I did not have either a sinus or ear infection. It was just allergies. I don't take anything for them because everything makes me sleepy.

We were suppose to go to Tennesse for vacation during these two weeks off but we can't go now. I found out last week that workers compensation will not allow me to wait until April or May of next year to do my knee replacement. I hurt myself at another employer six years ago and my right knee is basically worthless now. The other rotton part is that I can not use my sick leave for the time off. So I am going to go without a check for almost two months. Worker's comp will pay me but I don't know when. The surgery is scheduled for November 16th. Happy holidays to me. I am so mad that I have to do this on their time and not mine. I hate getting ready for a sub and now I have to do 10 weeks of lessons instead of 4 or 5.

To go back to our vacation plans, we canceled them so that I can work this week for the district's enrichment program. The kids come for 1/2 days for five days and do intensive work with non-fiction reading. I am getting extra pay for working this week. I figure that money can be saved for the time I am not getting paid. I'll spend the second week preparing for the sub. Gee, what a great vacation.
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Teachers unite!

Hey, looks like everyone had a busy week. I'm feeling better but not out of the woods. Haven't heard from lab work. DH wonders IBS? But that's for twenty-year-olds!

Fri Sat weed, Sun Mon plant. I have a four-day weekend because I did my planning Tues night instead of Fri. Mon is a "storm day" which is ironic because Wilma will be here this weekend.

Mary, hope you're feeling better. Cathy, you're a good daughter. How's your father doing since last week? Lisa, your juniors and seniors will identify with that unfocused feeling!

Hope all are well. Your healing is in my thoughts and I thank you for yours.

Love,
Sarah
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Teachers unite!

Wait, I see there's more to read. Christine, I think there's a Flannery O'Connor story where the grandmother thinks a trip to Tennessee is the greatest thing on earth. Since that's my home state, I agree heartily. Donna, I'm hoping for more news from you soon. Think about you a lot.
Unread 10-21-2005, 11:09 AM
hello everyone

Hi Everyone,
The carpenters started work on my bath and closet downstairs in my apt. I have got to return some boards that are the wrong size.
NOW NEWS: I retired from my beloved job last Fri Oct 14. The children needed someone who could focus and give them their all and I could not do that. I respect the students, my chosen profession and my administration too much to just show up for the sake of a pay check.
I have not heard if the state approved my retirement but I left anyway.
I had a MRI/MRA yesterday and I get the results Nov 8th. I hate waiting.
Such is life.
Do take good care all I do love each of you Donna
Unread 10-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Sisters:
What a hectic week this has been. My father is slowly getting used to the new living situation however, it seems to be taking a slow toll on me. Every afternoon I spend time with him and my paperwork has been put to the wayside. Now I feel a million years behind. There's so much to do to help him with this move. Banks, paperwork, etc. Will it ever end? He even met with my Mom and he told her he wanted to get back together with her. My Mom doesn't feel the same so it is heartbreaking as well.
This, coupled with the potential storm makes for a rough bout.
Sarah - speaking of IBS - that could be it for you. I am actually taking medicine that works on both IBS and a spasmodic bladder. We still can't figure out which one it is working for but the pain has lessened. Have you tried searching the web for more information? I hope you feel better soon. Thanks again for the invite. You always there at the drop of a hat. Bless you!
Donna - you must be at peace now. Move forward, take care of your health and your living quarters. Trust in the Lord and you will do fine.
Christine - how are those sub plans coming? That can be real frustrating. Think of it as a vacation. You will get a much needed break of which you are worthy.
Mary - if you check this while vacationing....please take a nap for me. I could really use one right now!
My love to all!
Cathy
Unread 10-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Teachers unite!

Yikes! I had a lot to catch up on. Like some of you I didn't get the post reminders. Things here have been very busy. Much to do for work and something going on almost every night of the week with the kids or work.
Last weekend my DH's sister came in from North Carolina. She and I used to be very close and then things changed. Anyway, Friday night she called that they were going for drinks at a resturant/bar less than five minutes from my house. This was at 8:50 in the evening. I don't usually go with such short notice or leave the kids. My oldest DD is 13. Well we met them for a glass of wine and we had a wonderful time. My DH and I have decided it is time that we start taking our lives back and that we can go out more often. We used to go out to dinner once a year for a combined anniversary birthday dinner. What a world of difference in both our attitudes after that.

Lisa--I look back on the end of last school year and now I realize what a fog I was in at the end. I don't remember things that happened. Coworkers will come up to me and refer to things that I said or did or things that happened at school and I don't remember. I didn't think it would be like that three and four months after surgery. I still have days where my stamina is gone. It will return. It takes time.

Kathy--What a scary thing with your DS. I am sure it is comforting to know that they are so on top of things at his school. You all sound like you are handling things in the most postive way.

To all of you ladys, here is something that was sent to me. It tells you why I am so glad to have found this site and how even though I don't know you to see you, but I DO know you, I consider you all my friends. Without you and your support this last seven months would have been much more difficult. Now you are more than my hystersister support you have become my life support. Thank you.

May this encourage you always.

Don't spend major time with minor people. If there are
people in your life that continually disappoint you,
break promises, stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, have d
different values and don't have your back during difficult times...
that is not a friend.

To have a friend, be a friend. Sometimes in life
as you grow, your friends will either grow or go.
Surround yourself with people who reflect
values, goals interests, and lifestyle.
When I think of any of my successes,
I am thankful
from whom all blessings flow and to my family!
and friends that enrich my life.

Over the years my phone book has changed
because I changed for the better.
At first you think you're going to be alone, but
after a while new people show up in your life
that make your life so much sweeter and easier
to endure.

Remember what your elders used to say, "Birds
of a feather flock together.
If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens:
Chickens Can't Fly!

Be Positive-Be Progressive -
Take the time to make a positive difference
in someone's life.

Walk by faith
Not by sight
Unread 10-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Teachers unite!

Diane,
That was one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read! It brought me to tears. I'm having a difficult time here and your post was a gift!
Thank you.
I have not been good about posting here lately....time gets away from me. I've been struggling with some depression and have had a minor setback from my foot surgery. The depression has scared me and my dh has been concerned. So...I called my gyn and she gave me the saliva test kit to do (which I did yesterday & mailed in). I should know the results in 10 days or so. I just didn't know where to turn for the depression....not knowing if it was a result of hormone imbalance, or true clinical depression. So, we'll see what gives. In the meantime, we take one day at a time and thank the good Lord that I am able to wake up each morning to my dh and 3 beautiful sons.
I do hope you ladies are well and I continue to think of you often. Being a teacher is a grueling profession....yet, when those precious and memorable moments happen in the classroom, we cherish the fact that we do make a difference in a child's life.
Best wishes to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register