Teachers unite! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 07-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Teachers unite!

Thanks for the words of comfort, everyone. I certainly learned my lesson. It's been a humbling experience having to ask for help. This is my ninth year of teaching and while I know what needs to be done, my mind is cashing checks my body just can't honor. :-(

I ended up on the couch Wednesday, nursing my swelly belly and eating advil. Thursday I felt much improved, but didn't push myself. With help from other teachers I got the room pretty close to finished and today I took the day off. Went to the movies even. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Everyone..
I have had much to do and try to get accomplished before Mon..It seems things get quicker each yr.. It is also very humbling that I will be starting my 23rd yr Mon. I can remember when I was green behind my ears.. whew I don't want to retravel those 1st yrs.. I am glad everyone is doing ok..Please take good care of yourselves ladies and know that I think of all of you often.. Donna
Unread 07-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Teachers unite!

The time does go fast Donna. I am now in my 17th year.

I went to a workshop with my Assistant Principal on Wednesday. It was with the author of the book Why Gender Matters. Dr. Saks was an excellent speaker. I realized that I was lucky not to get the job at the all girls school that my district is opening this year. I am more suited to teach in the all boys school. It opens next year.

My room is a mess. I finally got everyone else's junk out. Now I have to get all of my junk into the room. We had 5 teachers leave because of boss from Though I did find out that she had to have surgery on her hip and will probably be in the other building for a few weeks.

Donna, good luck Monday.

Those of you on trips, have a great time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend, especially those who start back to school on Monday. It seems so early! Do hope all goes well - at least health should be more up-beat this year.

Kim I know you've gone away for a few days - but if you get back in time or lookin from afar, I think it's your birthday today, so hope you're celebrating appropriately.

Christine I guess you're happy that boss will be in another building! It's great when ours is out for a conference or meeting. Yours sounds like a tyant.

Cindy and anyone else reading/has read Harry Potter - I'm ashamed to say I haven't read it yet. However - hoping to do so over the next few weeks. People seem to be really enjoying it.

No news on the grandparent status yet, except DIL has gone into hospital for bedrest following raised blood pressure. She is overdue now so if labour doesn't begin by tomorrow or Monday it will be induced.

After it's all safely over we're still hoping to get to France. Well remembered Cindy - I do have a very small share in a vineyard. We planned to visit in the summer this year - last year we went for the grape harvest in October. Then on to the Auvergne for a while - DS has a house there as a holiday home. Should be a good rest as it's in a very quiet location.

Have to tell you - DD who is travelling (in New Zealand at present) sent a phone message Friday to say she had done a parachute jump. She didn't say before in case I worried! I certainly would have done. I was so stunned - and relieved that they were ok - that I cried anyway! They're having a great time.

Sarah if you see this hope you're enjoying DC. Great to have the trip before that early start to school.

Cathy hope that sweetener is doing the trick. I'm not much help as we have different brand names here for just about everything. The health shops do seem to have a good range of sweeteners, though - so I could look at what they contain if you don't find something that suits.

I should go now as it's late and I still have supper pots to clear up. Take good care everyone and enjoy Sunday.
Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 07-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Everyone,
I just popped by..still lots to accomplish..I have got to find my printer cable..hummoh well it will show up. I bought the lumber and other things to start on my new rm down stairs...1086.00 wow.. the man that will build it is charging 2,000.00 to build it and redo the bath.. that is good.. now to find an electrician.. they are in short supply. now to let my brain rest.. take good care everyone until later oh yea where is the little smiles and so forth on the new webpage? I do like to include them Love Donna
Unread 07-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Teachers unite!

Oh boy, the end of July already. I just wanted to say. Read all the posts. Haven't gotten notices of new posts since I got the notice of the new thread.
Jean thank you for taking care of us. Aren't we the talkers?
Everybody enjoy the remaining days of summer. Will be back to respond later.
Hopefully the signature will show this time. It is checked in the box and shows on the preview post section. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Diane
Unread 07-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Smilies

Hi Donna,
Meant to say - if you click on 'quick reply' you don't get smilies, but you do get them if you click on the purple 'post reply' button (bottom left). It took me a while to realise.
Mary.
Unread 08-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Back at it

Donna - Good luck today. Let us know how you survive. Ah, the joy of moving...everything in the wrong box. Sure hope you find that printer cable soon. I have no doubt that it'll turn up somewhere where you least expect it. Sending good luck wishes your way on the home improvement projects. It will be nice...when it's all finished!

Debi - I hope you continued to rest over the weekend. You've been doing an awful lot for someone who is still recovering. It does take a while before all the old energy is back. I was moved to tears many times by the generosity of others. I even had one friend call me last year when I got home from the first day of school...she brought dinner over for my family. I burst into tears, it was just what we needed because my energy tank (physically and emotionally) was empty that day.

Christine - Good luck with that boss. But, like Debi has learned... take it easy on yourself. Chairs are heavy. Desks like to stick to the floor causing you to push more than you ought to. Tables are meant to be moved by others. Ask for help.

Kim - Hope you had a great birthday! (Thanks Mary for keeping us on our toes!)

Mary - My mother's family is French and my DS is fluent. There is a special place in my heart for all gentle and beautiful things French. It's my dream to visit the French countryside. So, as you can guess, I'm green with envy. Enjoy your rest there. I hope things are settling down now - on the national front. That's sweet about DD and the parachuting. She's a brave one! Maybe it's because I'm short, but I have a healthy respect for heights. You'd never see me bungie jumping or parachuting. I hate rollercoasters, too. It's my firm belief that it is anatomically incorrect for my stomach to be in my throat. DH always took the kids on those types of rides. I took them on the spinning rides.

Diane - Your signature worked! Yes, we are talkers (Shh! Just don't tell our students that little tidbit.) How many times now have the hostesses given us a new thread? Five or six? This little group of ours continues to grow. I remember when the heading read: "Teacher's unite!" We all had a good laugh about that one, didn't we?

We haven't heard from some of our members in quite a while. Hopefully they're enjoying their summer.

Must get ready for the day. I've got Jump Start this morning. I also need to get my classroom ready and talk to the principal about PE matters.

I can hear the old grindstone grinding.

Have a great day, everyone!

s
Cindy
Unread 08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, everyone. I did not have time to check in while in DC. I went to the the Holocaust Museum and the Museum of the American Indian. Those were two profound experiences, way beyond my wildest dreams of how excellent they might be, yet so different. What they had in common, which other museums do not always accomplish, was they way they told the stories and brought the people to life. More later.
Sarah
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
Well we are now grandparents! Little George was born early yesterday morning and all is well. DDIL looks wonderful - even on day of birth - and DS is smiling like a cat with two tails. We spent the evening with them and it was lovely.

Now that is safely over and everyone is well we're off to France for two weeks. We really were waiting for news before definitely saying we were going. I probably won't be near a computer as we're going to DS's house in the Auvergne mountains (near to Vichy), so will be thinking of you all.

Special thoughts and prayers for those beginning the school year already - or very soon. Take good care of yourselves.

Sarah your trip sounds wonderful. We visited the holocaust memorial in Paris a few years ago and it was very moving indeed. I'd love to know more of the history of the American Indians.

Cindy I'm like you on those rides - I stick to the whirling ones or the boats. Hope the Jump Start goes well.

Must go - loads of little things to do and need to pack away computer.
Love to all.
Mary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register