Teachers unite! - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 12-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello ladies,
It's soooh good to see some postings appearing and to have news from you. It seems like a good break for everyone.

Lisa that's a great story - thank you for sharing it. Do hope there's some improvement in controlling that depression. I know it's a mad time for music teachers - eldest DS is a musician and was a teacher for a few years. He plays the organ, runs a choir, teaches organ, piano and flute - and is a teacher training manager. The weeks leading up to Christmas are always chaotic.

Sarah I love the manatee incident - how funny and what a tale to tell! Cathy I remember you telling us about them before. I've never seen one - so had to look them up on the internet. They sound wonderful. I guess your sister enjoyed the trip. Yes, our Sarah is home for the holidays. She has lots of college work to do but happy to be back.

Cathy it's too bad that you're back into work so quickly. We always have the day after Christmas off here - known as Boxing Day as it's the day where in years gone by families visited to give presents to each other (in boxes). Now it's definitely a relaxing family day. Have to do some work soon, though.
I hadn't thought how funny your snow sign was until Sarah said - we forget over here that some people don't have such cold weather. Does it ever freeze in Florida?

We're hoping to go to France for a few days over new year - to DS's house (the musician). It's been snowing in the Auvergne mountains, so it should be pretty.

Hope you all continue to have a good break and recharge the batteries.

A very happy new year to everyone - may 2006 be happy, peaceful and all that you would wish yourselves.
Love to all.
Mary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Teachers unite!

Hey, everyone,

Lisa, talk about a teachable moment. You created a confidence-building experience for your doctor and your students. Ironic that you are feeling low yourself... hope that takes an up-turn for you soon.

Mary, have fun in France. Snowy mountains, sounds beautiful.

Cathy, I was impressed with the quick response to our trespassing and glad the authorities were actually enforcing the protected area for the manatees.

For a Christmas gift, my sister gave donations in our name to two organizations that work to protect animals and natural areas. It was very thoughtful gift.

Love,
Sarah
Unread 12-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Teachers unite!

Happy Holidays Sisters,
As you all know the days prior to the holidays are very hectic. I finally found the time to sit down and read all the post and respond.
It is so nice to hear that you are enjoying the much needed time off. Once we return there is not gradual build to the rat race, we all jump in feet first.
Chris--glad to hear you are progressing in your recovery. Just don't push it. Take it slow.
Mary--I love Yankee candles too and they are found everywhere here in Pennsylvania. In fact, I got a candle warmer for my birthday as a gift from my teaching assistant. I love it. You put the jar inside the warmer and it melts the candle and the fragrance seems stronger than when you burn the candle and it is safer. I like the safety aspect with three kids and the fact that it doesn't create black marks on the ceilings and walls from the soot. I got my Mother one from the kids because she is very fearful of open flames on a burning candle. My favorite flavors are the ones that smell like you are baking--spiced pumpkin, cookie, vanilla, sticky bun, etc. I just creates a homey feeling.
Sarah--I would love to swim with the dolphins or manatees. I have never been to Florida and would love to take a trip south sometime soon.
Now that the holiday preparations and rush is over, I have had time to relax and reflect. I thought about this time last year when I had a laproscopic exam and they found my problems. Then I didn't recover and we decided to do the hysterectomy. I am feeling so much better and am greatful I made the decision to have it done. Life is soooooo much better than it was a year ago. I have also been able to take off some weight. We have a Weight Watcher's group at work and I have lost a little over 17 pounds. I am thrilled. I want to continue and lose morr. I have three weddings, March, April and May. I have a little black dress that I wore once and plan on getting back into so I can wear it for all the weddings.
Life is good.

Have a happy, safe and healthy new year to all,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Teachers unite!

Hi, A Happy and Healthy New Year to all my dear sisters!!! No, I haven't forgotten you. I think of everyone often.
I've been having difficulty with my arms and shoulders, so Drs. don't want me typing or writing. Do you know of a teacher that can get by w/o either?
I have two term papers overdue. One is a position paper on parent involvement. I have so much to say on the topic and have done so much research. The only thing holding me back is this typing. Does anyone want to be quoted? I'd love to hear your opinions or stories. I'll share my experiances with you when I get my REAL typing done.
Love and health to all! xxxoooo Kathy
Unread 12-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Teachers unite!

Congratulations Sarah!
Happy belated Birthday Donna. I miss you!
Unread 01-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Friends........I am feeling a little blue today. Only one more day of vacation and then it is back to work. Anyone else dreading this? I usually don't feel this down but for some reason this time I am low. Perhaps once I get back in the swing of things I will be fine.
So good to hear from everyone.
Diane - Great to hear from you. Kudos to you and your weight loss. I love the W.W. plan. I have been a lifetime member for a few years and make my monthly weigh-ins to keep on top of things. You will wear that black dress again and knock 'em dead!
Kathy - good to hear from you. What kinds of problems are you having with your arms and shoulders? Poor thing. I hope they can do something to help.
Mary - I just know you are enjoying your time with the family. I can't wait to hear about your getaway.
Sarah - how nice of your sister to make that donation. Those are the kinds of gifts I love the most.
Well I must go and partake in some chocolate......it's good when you are feeling down.
Love to all! Happy New Year too!
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Teachers unite!

Happy new year everyone. I hope you are all well rested and ready to return to work. I wish I was going but it looks like I won't be returning to work until the beginning of February. Last week I had my 6 week check up with the surgeon who did my knee replacement. He was not very happy with me. He said I was not making progress and needed to switch where I was going for physical therepy. He later changed his mind about my progress but not therepy. I met the new therepist last Friday and he said I could now practice driving. (As long as it is in a parking lot or on a deserted street.) Dh has been kind enough to take me to the local highschool to practice a couple of times. I think he is tired of driving me all over the place.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week at school.
Unread 01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Happy New Year!

Hi everyone,
I haven't checked in for a long while. Everything's going well. I'm just extremely busy.
Tomorrow, I return to school-but only for inservices. The kids don't return until Jan. 9. I'm not quite prepared to return, but then again, I'm really never ready.
Hope to check in from time to time.
Kim
Unread 01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Teachers unite!

Kim wow, great to hear from you. Nice long break you've got there. I always say I'll be ready when the time comes, but I was such a bum over the break I was pretty relaxed when I got back to work. I said to the students, I think I can remember how to do this, and they said, well, first you do general comments, then you tell us what we're going to do today, and so on... we all laughed together. It was really cute to hear them describing good pedagogy.

Chris, you're tearing the place up with your progress. I have to tell you, you inspired me. My shoulder went rapidly downhill since March and it hurt to move at all, even to lie in bed. With the past two weeks of physical therapy I have regained much range of motion. Thank you for your messages of perseverance.

Kathy, you're having shoulder problems too? I got a tip from my favorite stretch book, by Judy Alter. The muscles that hold the shoulders down are weak, so it takes an effort to build them up. Typing of course those shoulders go right up around our ears. Is that what's happening to you? It was typing that NBCT portfolio that did it to me. Good luck with your project.

Cathy, your chocolate drop is also an inspiration to me-- sort of like a glass of wine here and there, a little chocolate does the heart good. So, was it you who mentioned some colon trouble a while back? I am going in for a colonoscopy, oh, boy, my first, next Tuesday. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of another minor irritation that began during, you guessed it, March when I finished the portfolio. Phthfth! I hope your week is going well. Tomorrow's Thursday!

Diane, congratulations on your 17 pounds. That's no small triumph. As I recall, you really pour on the entertaining during the holidays, so I'm glad to hear it went well this year.

Mary's probably in France about now, I expect. Hope you're having a beautiful time, Mary.

Tomorrow's another productive day, and Friday will be good for pruning things you don't want to grow too fast, like run-on sentences and wisteria, I guess. Everyone have a great rest of the week.

Love,
Sarah
Unread 01-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello to Everyone!
It seems like those who returned to school this past week survived. I did as well, but I must admit it was tough getting back into the swing of things. There is quite a chill in the air this morning. Kind of makes you just want to stay in bed. :timeup: So good to hear from all of the sisters.
Kim - glad to hear you are doing well. Kids come back to you on Monday. Hang in there - they will get right back into the swing of things, as will you.
Christine - what is causing your knee to heal so slowly? Have you been a bad princess? Please take care and for goodness sakes, do what the doctor says.
Kathy - take care of that shoulder. As far as parent involvement goes, I did my thesis on that sometime ago. Lots of research supports it and there are many successful programs out there which work. There is a direct link between student success and parent involvement...I don't know why I am telling you this...you already know that. Best of luck to you.
Sarah - I too was a little confused at first last week, but things fell right back into place by Thursday. What is going on with your colon? Hmmmm. Yes, I had a colonoscopy last year. I had some polyps but things were normal. The preparation for the darn thing is the worst part of it all. Turn it into a special day, by renting a movie, getting popsicles, etc. Then plan your post-procedure meal and you will be a happy camper.
Good luck to you.
Mary - waiting to hear more of your wonderful vacation stories.
Hello to all the other sisters out there.
Love
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register