Teachers unite! - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy, everything's fine here. All tests came out normal so far. I agree about the prep. Gag.

Hope everyone's having a good week... not too blue after the hols.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Teachers unite!

HelloFriends!
Just checking in on everyone. Sarah - good to hear about the tests coming back well. Keep healthy.
Love to all!
Cathy
Unread 01-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Teachers unite!

Good evening everyone,
Wow - it's soooh good to get back to talking to you all. It seems so long ...

It took me some time to read the postings - it's really good to see so much activity again during the holidays. Thank you all for being such dear friends - I value this so much.

We had a wonderful trip to France. It was just 'normal' winter weather on our drive over, but up in the mountains it was like a fairy-tale, with snow everywhere, conifers looking like Christmas card scenes and cosy wood fires to keep us warm. We took the girls toboganning (since we don't really ski) and thoroughly enjoyed a totally different landscape. Evenings were spent with the family - including little grandson - cooking, reading, playing games - a total change. The day we came back we had to use snow chains to get down the mountain roads - we'd never put them on the car wheels before, and you should have seen DH and me - trying to work out how to fit them, with snow falling all around and occasional passers-by giving us tips!

Anyway - back down to earth with a bump, as school began the following day. We're now well into the winter exam session and life is rolling on apace. DD is back at uni and I have work to do as examiner and editing/revising work for textbooks, on top of school. I've decided to give up the examining after 17 years - and will finish after this session. It's all interesting, but I don't think I can carry on at this pace any longer.

Well there's my news. Good to hear all of yours.

Cathy I hope things picked up for you when you actually got back to school. I'm always really grumpy just before returning. Hey, reading about that chocolate 'therapy' was so good - really made me just have to go and get some from the pantry.

Sarah I'm really happy those tests came back clear - and do hope you're feeling better.

Diane well done on the WW - I really need to join you. The group at school is such a good idea - you can sort of keep an eye on each other.

Kim it's good to hear from you. Kathy too - hope the shoulders improve.

Chris please take good care - regard the extra enforced rest as a bonus and a pointer to a really good recovery.

Lisa, Donna, Cindy - anyone else out there?? Hope all are well.

I've rambled on. Have a good week everyone - I've really missed you. I'll be back!
Love to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Teachers unite!

Hey, Mary, great to hear about your trip! I always get a thrill from your report.

Cindy sends her love to everyone. She is just swamped with caring for her husband through his illness and you know how work also gets challenging when things are hectic at home. She will join us again when things quiet down.

Cathy, brrr, need we say more? (okay, no eye-rolling from Canada and Utah!) brrr...

My friend who had her surgery mid-December will be back at work next week. She is healing well but has all the same doubts we had in our first six weeks post-op... it is a hard recovery.

Everyone have a great week.
Love,
Sarah
Unread 01-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello!
So good to hear from the sisters.
Mary - I love to read about your get-aways. I can always form such a vivid picture in my mind just as you describe it. I am also glad to hear that you will be giving up the exams after this year. After all you've told me, they can be a real stressor and I think it's time you moved on to a quilting project instead.
Sarah - thanks for the update with Cindy. I hope her husband is doing ok. Your health? Now with the tests behind you are you having any problems? I still battle with the abdominal issues. The latest involves pain management and I really don't even want to get into it right now. It will require insurance approval so I am waiting.
My father has found a place to stay and will be moving out on the 1st of the month. I am really sad about this. He will only be a few miles away but I feel like a parent losing a child.
School is hectic as usual and once again, I have taken on far too many things.
So - I am having a beer instead of working, and will go out to eat with DH. I also have to stop by and check on my Mom. She has a cold and when I tell you she is never sick I mean it. So - I think she is in need of a little TLC.
Much love to all!
Cathy
Unread 01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone. I just thought I would check in. I am still at home and won't be returning to work before Valentine's Day. I am tired of sitting around the house. I really want to get back to work. I am still not bending my knee at a 90 degree angle and that is why I am still at home.

Mary, your trip sounded wonderful.
Cathy, take it easy. You need to find time for you.

I went to my gyn this past week to discuss coming off estrogen. My problem right now is that I have no "desire." The doctor put me on Estrast h.s. It is a combination of estrogen and testosterone. I have been on it about a week. I am taking it at night because I get an upset stomach. I am also noticing that I have a headache almost every day. Though the headache could also be caused by my sleeping pill. I am going to talk to my family doctor and my gyn this week.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Unread 01-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Teachers unite!

Hey, everyone, hope it was a great weekend.

Christine, you have been such a good patient. You're just now getting restless. Soon you'll be stirring around again. I remember how strange it felt to just rest all the time a year and a half ago.

Cathy, good luck with your father's move. As you say, it's like letting go all over again. I hope you feel better soon. Did not realize you were having pain. Big hug.

I am feeling very healthy. I would just like to know if any of you have figured out how I can get rid of this marsupial-like pouch I have picked up after the hyst. I am exercising regularly.

Eeny meeny miny mo, poison ivy on my toe.
How'd it get there? Think I know!

I'm off to watch Bleak House. Have a great week!
Love,
Sarah
Unread 01-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi all!
Please help me keep in touch. Why can't I get updates of this thread anymore? I have a hard time with the new format and don't know where to type "Teachers Unite" if I'm not linked automatically.
Wish I could take a good computer class. I know they are so helpful as a teacher, yet fear I'll be retired before I can find time for a class. LOL
I took a few professional devlopment classes (...not long enough and no follow through. If you don't use it you lose it.)and one grad class (The teacher was only interested in collecting her pay check and thinking she was making us happy by letting us have "short" days.) If I take computer classes outside of the teaching field, others don't have the same needs that I'd be interested learning.
Have any of you run into this, as grad students? I'm just curious. In my area, it seems grad instructors are under the impression that ALL teachers sign up for class ONLY for pay increments. Therefore, the class never meets for as long as it should and we never cover the material they say they'll teach. The few of us that truly want the lessons are always out numbered by the ones that only want the credit. I've run into this over the past five years and it just seems to be getting worse. I've gone through 4 different colleges and it's been the same at each one.
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Teachers unite!

Good morning ladies,

(I really like this graphic - it cheers me up as well as greeting you all!)
Well I know it's the weekend and with the time difference you'll probably just be surfacing from sleep, but it's midday here so I thought I'd check the postings.

Kathy it's good to hear from you. I find if I don't post for a few days I don't get notifications, so I make sure I always keep the last one in my email inbox, even if I delete other things - then you can just click on the link in the email and it takes you straight to the postings. Yes - training courses are the same here - most people do it for the credit ... etc.

Sarah I too have a pouch - and am not doing very well at sticking to the WW regime - I need a lot more will power, especially as it's sooooh cold here at the moment. It's so much easier when it's sunny and salads beckon. It has suddenly become icy each day and the car needs scraping each time we go anywhere. Brrrr ... Hope you enjoyed Bleak House - haven't seen it, but read the book long ago in school.

Cathy - really hope you're feeling a bit better - you've had a tough time with your parents and then seem to have suffered health-wise the longest of any of us. Keep smiling - hope you get some rest this weekend.

Christine be good at take care of that knee - you know it will pay off in the end. Hope something comes of your doctor visit - it's wearing to have lots of headaches.

I had toothache for a couple of weeks - after the dentist was meant to have fixed a tooth that wasn't hurting me at all! When I went back he said it was probably and infection and gave me some antibiotics. Must have been because the pain seems to have gone - but it was so wearing while it lasted.

I'm in the middle of my last ever batch of exam marking and really busy. I'll be really pleased to see the end of it and get back to normal. We seem to be surviving on scratch meals at present.

Well I hope you'll all have a good day and recharge the batteries.
Love to all.
Unread 02-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi, everyone. Not only have I forgotten to check in with you, but I forgot my sister's birthday. Where is my mind?

Mary, I hope you are recovered from the tooth infection and feeling better. Glad you caught it before it went on very long. It's cold here too, the time of winter when everyone is tired and hunkered down. It's a busy time for us with projects and state competency testing.

Everyone take care. Wishing you a warm cup of tea.

Love,
Sarah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register