Teachers unite! - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 02-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Teachers unite!

Good Afternoon Sisters,
It seems like ages since I was on this site. I don't get notification of new posts. I haven't since they changed the site, even when I have posted.
Glad to catch up with all of you. I am waiting for our first big winter storm of this season. It is forecasted for 6-12 inches of snow. I wish it would have happened during a school day because the kids need a day off other than the weekend. I am really struggling with many of my students.
I have 13 in my learning support class. I have more with behavior, attention and emotional issues this year than any other year. I also have a student who suffered a traumatic brain injury. He is in a wheelchair and has personal care issues to deal with twice daily. He is the easiest one though out of the bunch. I could go on forever about him and what he has brought to me and our school. He is amazing. The others are taxing though.
I am extremely worried about our state testing because the score will reflect their attitude, behavioral and emotional issues rather than their ability. I sat in a meeting on Wed. with a mother that stated that her son has the following: social anxiety, add, he's bi-polar, suffers from absence seizures, depression and the topper----autism. None of which are documented by a doctor. And I wonder why he can't concentrate. I also have a fifth grader who since kindergarten has missed 190 days of school total. He has been out three days this week. His mother keeps him home for the weirdest things. One time she kept him home because she had to go get a test for cancer. We come to find out later it was a routine pap smear.
There are days in which I think I need a vacation in the psych ward myself.
A good thing that has happened with some work is that I have lost 24 pounds since mid October. We have had Weight Watchers come and do weekly meetings right at work after school every Tuesday. It has been great.
I am the year mark since my surgery. I have a question for any of you. Do or did any of you experience major pressure like before the surgery? This has happened twice now. I sometime bleed a little too. The pressure is what bothers me the most. The one time I felt like I was going to split in two.
I thought all of this would be over by now.
Thank you in advance for any information that you can give me.
s,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2006, 05:01 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello Dear Sisters:
My sincere apologies for not posting earlier.
What can I say? My life is full.
:wowee:
Mary - so sorry to hear about the toothache. By now it should be healed and you must be feeling better. I too have not been religious about the WW. I was just thinking about that today. I have about 5 pounds to lose and things would be great........that's really not bad...if only I could commit. Right now, the chocolate and the beer at night are the only things that are getting me through each day!
Sarah - loved your poem about the poison ivy. I have the pouch, have always had the pouch, and would like to start a support group for pouchy people. It would go something like this: "Hello, my name is Cathy and I have a pouch!" We could meet every week and study about marsupials and discuss ways to effectively utilize this thing we carry around with us each day. What do you think?
Diane - we need your WW support to get us through this. Congratulations on the loss. You go girl!
As far as a visit to the psych. ward..........have you been reading my mind? I feel like a trip there would be a warm welcome to this hectic routine I am in now. We just have to keep the faith.
My Father has moved into his own place and is doing fairly well. He did pass out one day because of low sugar but for the most part, things are manageable. I try to stop by each day to monitor things, such as yesterday when he put the wrong soap in the dishwasher and there were suds everywhere. Other than that, he seems to be adjusting well.
My schedule consists of teaching one evening course at the college, facilitating one online course, and taking two online courses. Ladies.......have I lost my mind? Our state testing is just 2 weeks away and they are now talking about tying a bonus into our scores. What a mess. It can get so frustrating that you just want to run away screaming. I know this is just the pendulum in education that swings back and forth. This too shall pass.
I miss chatting with you each day, but I am thankful that the thread is still alive! We can do it!
Have a wonderful weekend.
My love to all of you.
Cathy
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello, sisters. Cathy, I am going to join your group for pouchy people. I think the pouch is here to stay, and I don't want to be a grouchy pouchy person, so I'm ready to convert to marsupialism. Well, FCAT is here. Good luck with the testing next week.

Diane, hope you've gotten some answers about your discomfort.

Mary, hope the toothache is resolved.

I think February is busier for teachers than any other time of year, even December. Used to be Jan/Feb some real learning happened, but now it's state testing time.

Stay gold, everyone,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Teachers unite!

Good morning everyone. I forgot to fill you in on my visit with the knee surgeon on the 14th. I am to continue physical therapy, keep using this machine called a flexinator while home, and with lots of restrictions I could go back to work. So, I went back last Tuesday. I did fine the first day but by Friday I was hurting and very tired. I expected to feel that way by Friday. I am hoping next week gets a little better.

Sarah, we start OAT on March 6th. Then we have Terra Nova end of April. I also have to do Diebels and TPRI within the next few weeks.

Have a good week everyone.
Chris
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Teachers unite!

Well - the beat goes on! Our thread is slowly fading! Could that be a positive thing? Perhaps we have healed and are now moving on?
Who is to know.
Just checking in to make sure everyone is doing ok.
Love and miss you all!
Cathy
Unread 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy, yes, we almost made it to the two year mark.

Chris, good luck with testing. At our school, 650 juniors and seniors out of 1400 total student body are retaking the FCAT tomorrow, having failed in 10th grade. Then one more day for 9th and 10th graders on Wed.

Goodbye sisters, have a nice life. It will always be wonderful to hear from you.
Sarah
[email protected]
Unread 03-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello Everyone

I've been thinking about all of you for the past while, but my life is full and getting online just doesn't seem to happen. I've been off school this year - I took what's called a "deferred salary leave" where for four years I was paid 80% of my salary and 20% was set aside. This year I receive the combined 20% such that I still get the 80% every month. It's been wonderful. I've had time to recover - reading your posts, the sense of being overwhelmed was me last year - and I'm just starting to think about going back to school next year.

I went into the school on Tuesday to meet with my principal to talk about next year, and ran into a colleague who had a hyst in October and was wondering if she was "normal" because she's overwhelmed. I told her about hystersisters, and that got me thinking about you all. You were all very important to me at a critical stage of my life.

Thanks again for your friendships. I'll check back to see if there are any new posts.

Ruth
Unread 03-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
It seems such a long time since I posted. It probably is a good sign that we're all well on the road to recovery - but ... your friendship is still wonderful.

Well I've just had a month of external examining on top of teaching - for the VERY LAST time - and it's over! I'm so relieved I could have cried. Over here exam boards employ teachers to mark in their 'spare' time (what is this?? - they mean evenings and weekends). I've done this for years and lately it's just become too much. Time for someone else to take over.
After that my computer died totally and it took ages to recover my work from the hard drive - now I'm back to relative normality.

Still a busy time at school - preparing students for work over the Easter break and summer exams. We have two weeks left at school, then two weeks break over Easter. We're off to France for that time - back to the Auvergne - can't wait.

Cathy it's good to know your father is settled. How's your mother these days? That schedule of yours sounds totally punishing. Hey I too could definitely join the pouch club - I'm sure I'd stand a very good chance of that prize.

Sarah you sound busy too with all that testing. Is this the normal amount?

Ruth the year off sounds wonderful. Must be hard going back though. I know I wouldn't want to. I think it's your birthday this weekend - so have a really great time.

Chris I hope your knee continues to improve. Take it easy.

Diane that weather is cold - brrrr... It has been cold here, but not snowing like that.

Well I really do miss you all - and think of you often. I do hope we can drop in from time to time and catch up.

Much love ...
Mary
[email protected]
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi again,
... and I've just realised it's Kathy's birthday too - so if you're out there and drop in to read this, have a happy day.

Mary.
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Teachers unite!

Well Ladies. I need to take the time to thank you all for being there for me for the past year. I have reached and passed my 1 year hysterversary. On the first of March I thought back to how I felt over a year ago and what a difference. I wouldn't have made it through emotionally without this site. Others who haven't gone through this do not understand. I have a co-worker who is having a hysterectomy the Tuesday after Easter. I have told her several times about this site. I am going to email her the link so that she doesn't have an excuse to not join or at least read the ecxcellent information here.
I also get angry with women who talk about how lucky I am because I don't need to deal with the monthly issues that they do now. They have no idea what I went through before and during this surgery. It wasn't something that I had wished for, but am glad I did. I am much happier and healthier. The anger is that it is not like having elective surgery or a mole removed. It is much more than that. I am lucky in the sense that I don't have the health issues I was having prior to that and it was more than female difficulties. It involved the bladder and more. I don't regret the surgery and I don't feel less a person because I was finished having my family it is just the idea that they think I just wanted it taken out because I didn't want to deal with the monthly issues of normal periods.
I appreciate what you all have to say.
I am loving life a year later. I am no longer miserable and I am a better wife, mother, teacher, friend, daughter and sister.
Thank you for you continued support.
Love,
Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register